[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyanogenomod - I need an explanation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: WoRnUQg_1_.jpg (815 KB, 2560x1723) Image search: [Google]
WoRnUQg_1_.jpg
815 KB, 2560x1723
I want to know about Cyanogenomod. Is it going to destroy my phone or something?
>>
yes, it's a virus

if you're a gril, whoever told you to install it is trying to steal your nude photos
>>
>>53600540
TL;DR: No
Long explanation: No you fucking autist
>>
File: 1454611109277.jpg (38 KB, 303x297) Image search: [Google]
1454611109277.jpg
38 KB, 303x297
>>53600558
Please give me a straight answer, I'm just a lost anon.

N-no need to bully
>>
>>53600688
it's an alternative to default Android OS
now take the spoon
>>
The cyan on cyanogenmod is short for cyanide. It's going to blow up your phone, kill you and poison your dog. Avoid at all costs!
>>
>>>/g/sqt
>>
It's orders of magnitude better than stock Android. You even get your device rooted without using some sketchy proprietary Chinese exploit software
>>
Are there really people that use Android without root and CM?
Why don't go for Windows or iOS then?
>>
File: 35689933.gif (687 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
35689933.gif
687 KB, 500x555
>>53600703
Yes but for what purpose?

is it to close the backdoors for big brother to spy on me?
Will it make performance better? I'm not sure that's needed for people like me who don't play many video games (at least not on my phone)

And do you use it? And how is it.
>>
>>53600763
Just kill you self asshole.
>>
>>53600540
*cyanogenmod
well, i didn't like it. if you're about to install it because of customization, you'll have to know that some themes might just slow down your phone. drastically.
>>
You honestly don't need it unless you feel your stock ROM is some hot shit.
>>
I've been trying to install Cyanogenmod on my Moto E for the past few days, but I've only gotten as far as unlocking my bootloader. Any help?
>>
>>53600763
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-main-differences-between-stock-Android-and-CyanogenMod
it's an alternative, in some ways better performing. good for giving old phones a new life
>>
>>53600763
there's no reason for it. it's just a fork of android so you can feel like you're operating Linux on an already Linux device. useful for rooting your phone which does nothing except make you think harder about your machine and completely destroy the concept of minimalism.
>>
>>53600763
It's based off of AOSP, but with added features like a better file manager, theme engine, stock root, etc... It'll get rid of some features on your stock mod, like a proprietary fingerprint sensor. It'll improve performance. It also gives you the choice of running GAPPS or not. It'll also give better battery life in same cases, like if your stock ROM is touchwiz.

-GS5 running CM13 with 7-8 hours SoT
>>
How do I install Cyanogenmod on chinese devices not listed on the website? Or is that something I can't do?
>>
>>53600956
滚开成龙

Fuck off
>>
>>53601102
Hey, just because I bought cheap chinese shit doesn't mean I understand that shit
>>
>>53600956
You probably can't.
>>
File: googleit.jpg (79 KB, 378x500) Image search: [Google]
googleit.jpg
79 KB, 378x500
>>53600540
>>53600688
>>53600763
>>53600956
>>
>>53601102
>>53601409

>fuck off Jackie Chan
>>
Don't want to start a new thread

my phone is busted. my internal flash memory barely holds anything, and it won't connect to any pc to transfer files

is there anyway I can install cyanogenmod on the sd card, and have the phone think that's the internal memory?
>>
>>53603512
Kek
>>
>>53600540
You'll get poisoned with cyanide
>>
>>53603538
pls halp ;_;
>>
>>53600763
>Stock rom
>no bloatware
>only way to get rid of touchjizz if you have samsung phone
>>
i just wanted everyone to know that i just fapped to op pic
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.