[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Privacy from everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: TorGuard-UI.png (42 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
TorGuard-UI.png
42 KB, 250x300
What is the best option if I want to do anything in the world without fear of anyone (notwithstanding NSA, etc) finding out? I'm thinking along the lines of VPNs, proxie servers, etc. More specifically, along the lines of BTGuard or TorGuard...

(I fully understand that I'm a reckless fool. I would greatly appreciate the guidance.)
>>
>>53599852
>without fear of anyone
using a VPN just displaces trust from your ISP to your VPN provider. Plenty of them say they're no-log operations, etc etc. How do you know they're telling the truth? You don't, you have to trust them.

you need to define more carefully what it is that you want to do, and who your adversary is.
>>
>>53600055
Adversary: ISP
Intentions: To torrent files without risk of (proven) copyright infringement
>>
>>53600286
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/
>>
encryption + vpn +Encrypted VM + vpn + tor + socks5 (as many as you want.)
>>
At least use Tor. It's free. You'll have to give up JavaScript though.
>>
>>53601100
How much does Javascript really unmask you? The stupid thing is required on basically every website nowadays.
>>
jfc just don't do shit on the internet if you're that terrified of much surveillance
>>
>>53602503
there are javascripts that break your privacy and kill your anonymous. Just disable it.

When you use tor don't use it as full screen and change your mouse settings. There are sites out there who save your settings how you open sites and in which monitor size.
>>
>>53599852
https://panopticlick.eff.org/

good starting point for how "identifiable" you are
>>
>>53599852
Stop using phone, internet and credit card.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.