[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I upgrade my A10 7700k to an intel i5? I feel like my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cringe kid.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cringe kid.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Should I upgrade my A10 7700k to an intel i5? I feel like my CPU is trash honestly
>>
File: img008.jpg (496 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
img008.jpg
496 KB, 2550x3300
HOLY FUCK ITS RAINDROP I FOUND FAN ART
>>
is that jimmy neutron?
>>
>>53597604
depends if you need it.

dx12 will free your cpu though if you can wait
>>
>>53597759
How'd I get it?
>>
>>53597759
do you use a discrete gpu along with the 7700k?
>>
>>53597829
750Ti
>>
>>53597849
what the fuck.
>>
>>53597853
Im not made of money you cock
>>
>>53597671
>implying you didn't draw this
>>
>>53597865
it's not about your gpu. it's about your clueless combination.

you should have gotten a pentium or athlon or maybe i3 processor if you were to use the 750ti as a discrete gpu, not a a10 apu which has its focus on its integrated graphics processing unit
>>
>>53597891
I relize this howver it was pre built and now I am wanting to upgrade it. Im thinking about the i5 6600 then update my GPU later
>>
>>53597928
depending on the game, you'd get 5-10 more fps.

if you want to save money and have some patience, waiting for AMD Zen architecture could be very worthwhile aswell as the new range of AMD Polaris architecture GPU's which will hit entry to midrange budget first.

this requires you only to wait till july-september
>>
>>53597979
So just get a new gpu?
>>
>>53598200
if you get a new gpu now, preferably a AMD card, you'd see greater performance bumps with new DirectX 12 game titles announced.

preferably a R9 380/X depending on your budget.

also your apu could be in favor of the gpu gods when Dual GPU finds adoption in some games.

Dual GPU allows you to offload specific tasks which are rendered with your HSA capable APU like physics calculation and could be highly efficient in the future.
>>
I have an AMD Athlon X4 620 CPU @ 3.5GHz, and it's bottlenecking my MSI Radeon R9 390 HARD!

What you need to do, is find out where the bottleneck is. Is it your GPU or your CPU?

Do your own research, don't trust the neckbeard shills, but a good start is to check out the release dates for each part. If one is significantly older than another, well... You know the rest. Other than that, compare specs and see if you can figure out which one would slow down the other.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.