[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'sup /G/ The time has finally come for me to learn to program.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: HomelessFry.jpg (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
HomelessFry.jpg
9 KB, 205x246
'sup /G/

The time has finally come for me to learn to program.

No, not that stuff that code monkeys think they can do, but legit learn to program so that I can make my own indie game.

As I understand, such a project requires knowledge of Mathematics, such as Algebra.

Are there any good books I can order from amazon that would provide me with the knowledge I need? How much algebra am I required to learn?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
>>
>>53595547
learn to suck dick. you will make more money
>>
>>53595582
I don't want to learn to program for money, I want to do it so I can make something for fun.
>>
>>53595547
>make your own indie game
kek
the only good indie game is undertale, and that was made in game maker
>>
>>53595547
>learn to program
>make indie game
Shut up and learn code monkey stuff first, or else you'll fail. Or just learn Python + PyGame and get discouraged because your game sucks dick
>>
>>53595547
>No, not that stuff that code monkeys think they can do, but legit learn to program so that I can make my own indie game.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1432093412940.jpg (13 KB, 300x206) Image search: [Google]
1432093412940.jpg
13 KB, 300x206
>>53595698
so you want to waste your time
cool
good thing you arent dying

oh wait
>>
File: k1.jpg (49 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
k1.jpg
49 KB, 940x627
>>53595547
what is being 12 like?
>>
>>53595547
i'd recommend the unity engine.
supports all platforms and is well documented.
they offer tutorials aswell.
also, you code in C# which is a good language to start with.
https://unity3d.com/learn
>>
File: books.gif (50 KB, 202x500) Image search: [Google]
books.gif
50 KB, 202x500
I like these two books
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.