[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to watch a video on YouTube without registering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: YouTube-icon-full_color.png (13 KB, 1024x721) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-icon-full_color.png
13 KB, 1024x721
Is there any way to watch a video on YouTube without registering a viewcount?
>>
>>53591098

Ask the uploader for the file
>>
mpv may do that but I’m not sure.
>>
>>53591098
why the fuck do you care? as if your one precious view has any impact anyway
>>
Couldn't you use a YouTube downloader that works by having you type in the URL of the video you want to download?

Maybe that doesn't add a view
>>
>>53591098
NewPipe
https://github.com/theScrabi/NewPipe
https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.schabi.newpipe
>>
Copy YouTube link.
Paste in vlc under "open network stream"
Now you can view the video on vlc without cancerous comments, annotations and ads (if for some reason you aren't already using an adblocker)
And if you want to download the YouTube video, click on get codec info after opening the network stream. Copy the full link from the codec info and paste it into a browser.
Right click and save the entire video.

So much better than those websites and apps that will install Spyware when you're trying to just install a video.
>>
>>53592370
This desu. Either that or youtube-dl.
>>
It can't add a view count if you only view a bit of the video, that would be stupid, so figure out the percentage you can watch without a 'view' being registered.
>>
>>53591098
mpv
>>
>>53591098
sage in email field.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.