[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
code fishing game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: whales.jpg (46 KB, 800x565) Image search: [Google]
whales.jpg
46 KB, 800x565
Hi-

I want to create an educational fishing game for the web.
I'd like to have it so that there is a hook the player controls, and they pick which fish to grab from the many fishes swimming around on the screen. Once they catch a fish, the educational info for that fish shows up on screen, and they can put the fish into a basket/ or move it to the side of the screen so they can focus on catching the next one.

I'm new to programming, so I'd appreciate any guidance at all. Are there any existing games like this I can look at the code for, or any tutorials? That would help, but so would any other advice you're able to offer!

Thank you
>>
>>53589788
Seems simple enough. Do you know any programming languages already? I would suggest Python+pygame for such a simple 2D game
>>
Try phaser
http://phaser.io/
>>
Reading your title i misinterpreted it. I'd play a fishing game where you don't directly fish but instead program an AI to find a good spot and fish. Something like that one racing game
>>
>>53589788
Make it in Unity.
>>
>>53590242
This, OP. Python (in my experience) was the easiest way to start learning to program, and using Python with the PyGame libraries is probably even easier than what >>53592706
suggested. I spent most of my time in Unity just reading over documentation on how to actually use the shit, rather than actually creating.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.