[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some people carry multiple smartphones? I understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: four iphones and a blackberry.jpg (291 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
four iphones and a blackberry.jpg
291 KB, 1080x1920
Why do some people carry multiple smartphones?

I understand you might want to carry multiple cheap basic phones for drug deals, but why smartphones?
>>
>>53587531
Rich drug dealers
>>
We don't tend to get multi-sim phones in the UK, unless you buy chink shit that is.

Most people are either dealers that are too dumb to use burners or simply business men.
>>
Multidevice to (You) myself
>>
Honestly? I think most people just like to brag about it like pic related.

Either that or business men.
>>
>>53587531
Is that a celebrity? My mom has a work iShit device and a personal samshit device.

I could see a businessman having 3+ phones and a celebrity having 5+ phones.

Phones for friends and family only. Phones for agents or directors. Phone for active jobs. There's plenty of reasons why you'd want a single for for one thing. They're small enough for most people to act as folders. Keep shit organized and lower a bottleneck.
>>
>>53587556

why would you need a multi-sim phone
>>
I've never seen anybody do that.
>>
I use two smart phones because one of them is superior in all areas but has broken audio jack while the other one has no working mic but the audio jack works so I use it for music.

>>53587556
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nokia+225
>>
I tend to carry an S3 as a music and media player. I also have my Nexus 5 still after upgrading to the S7 Edge. Basically i keep the N5 in my backpack for Wi-Fi messaging if i ever need it and also to mess around with new versions of Android. I keep a 64GB card in the S3, serves me well.
>>
>>53587581
For multiple sim's, anon.
>>
>>53587581
One business
One regular
>>
>>53587574
>Either that or business men.

Yup. I carry my personal Z3c and a Galaxy S5 provided by work.
>>
>>53587574
>>53587578
How long before a mobile OS other than BlackBerry 10 that can actually handle multiple user profiles?
>>
>>53587680
android 4.4 kitkat on tablets; android 5.0 lollipop on phones
>>
One for each of my jobs and a personal one.
>>
>>53587717
>Android 5.0 lollipop on phones.

Note 4 5.0.1 user here. No multiple accounts top lel. Sure you can add multiple Samsung and Google accounts but it's incredibly insecure. The feature should be built with the intention that multiple people can use it not one person with multiple accounts.

Also BBOS10 masterrace. Wish my Z10 was never stolen.
>>
old one is activated.
the new one isnt.

if i upgrade to the new phone, i have to change my plan. so i use the old one for tethering to the new.
>>
File: 1113528.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1113528.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>53587752
>No multiple accounts top lel.
>Sure you can add multiple Samsung and Google accounts
uh
>>
>>53587531
One for each boyfriend, of which you are not.
>>
File: spurdo_dancing.gif (52 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_dancing.gif
52 KB, 120x120
>>53587581
>why would you need a multi-sim phone

Mfw american in korea with Asus Zenfone2.
Us/Kor sims brah.
>>
>>53587831
>Asus Zenfone 2
>Korea

Don't Korean bitches laugh at your broke ass?
>>
>>53587531
I carry around a second smartphone soley to play music on. It's smaller and lighter than my main phone and saves battery life by using them both.
>>
Why do you need a laptop when you have a workstation/tower?
Why do you have multiple monitors?
Why do you have multiple chairs at home?
Why do you have multiple plates? Oftentimes even the same plates over and over again!
Why do you have stereo speakers? Mono does work just as well.
Why do you own multiple cars?

BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT? That's why.
>>
>>53587752
5.1.1*

>>53587784
I don't think having multiple emails and Samsung accounts on the same phone is too important.... If I switch to my second Samsung account. My first Gmail stays signed in. Not to mention I didn't have to enter a password to gain access.

What if I want my brother to be able to have a profile on my phone with his own complete set of contacts, applications, user settings and cloud storage? He can't signed out of my device and sign back in under a new user.
>>
>>53587531
Duh, OP, are you stupid? She needs these devices for debugging the apps that made her rich enough to buy these devices in the first place.
>>
>>53587841
Probably, I'd never know anyways because I can't speak Korean. Also I can't read hangul either.

Replaced my S6 Edge with this Zenfone 2. No fucking regrets.
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 747x497) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43 KB, 747x497
>>53587869
>What if I want my brother to be able to have a profile on my phone with his own complete set of contacts, applications, user settings and cloud storage?
uh
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865483?hl=en-GB
>>
>>53587531
Anyone in a management position might have at least two. My Mom and my own Boss each have two smartphones - personal and work.

Don't know why someone would 3 or more though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-20-09-49-52.png (168 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-20-09-49-52.png
168 KB, 1440x2560
>>53587900
Android 5.1.1

This is the entire device section. There is no "users" subsection in any of the sections in settings.
>>
>>53587936
i'd guess that samsung were more interested in their weird crappy bullet-point feature list than the native android os stuff, then

i'm sorry anon
>>
I have my Nexus 6P as my personal phone and iPhone 6s as my work phone.

I want to keep work and personal life separate.
>>
>friends give me their phones to hold them untill they do 'X' thing
>some faggot takes a pic of me
>makes a pointless thread on /g/ about it
>>
File: mobile_charging.jpg (99 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
mobile_charging.jpg
99 KB, 600x400
>>53587531
obviously she's a recharging station
>>
>>53588199
mfw I still have most of these power adapters lying around for diy projects
mfw I have no face

conincidence?
>>
That's Paris Hilton and she's rich as fuck
>>
>>53587531
Smartphones are cheap these days though. You can get a smartphone for 50 bucks. That's about twice as much as you'll pay for a regular phone. Having one work phone and one private phone is very common. At some workplaces, you may need more than one phone permanently or temporarily for various reasons, such as being on duty, working part-time with customer support or phone service etc. Some people also prefer more than one personal phone for various reasons, such as volunteer work, political activities, a need to separate the contact with two groups of friends or acquaintances for whatever reason, such as infidelity or time allocation. In any one of these cases it may be preferable to have a smartphone, since they can pretty much do everything a regular phone can and much more.
>>
File: TS4 2016-03-20 16-28-10-42.png (413 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TS4 2016-03-20 16-28-10-42.png
413 KB, 1280x720
>>53587627
>For multiple sim's
SO all the sims get a smartphone :D
>>
>>53587531
that is Jamal's wife btw
>>
>>53587531
>Whatsapp
>Shazam
>SoundHound
>Calls Blacklist
>>
>>53587578
Its Paris Hilton, I think.
>>
to feel smarter
>>
1 for each boyfriend. Women are whores
>>
>>53588822
>Women are whores
Not more than men are
>>
>>53587531
one for the white beta provider
other for them BBCs
>>
>>53588835
BS, sexual revolution is literally 80% of women sleeping with 20% of men with a few keeping standards from the old days.

Women ARE more promiscuous than men these days.
>>
>>53588954

I like how you pulled those statistics out of your ass, you whore (;
>>
I'm a whore
>>
>>53589066
Thats from animals.

Humans are also influenced by this. Men are more monogamous than women in general. Even stats such as median number of sexual partners show this.

It's not hard to find if you want to know just how big a whore you are.
>>
The only people I've seen with multiple are those with 1 personally and 1 for work.

I have my personal phone, but my work also gave me a galaxy S5 for my work phone.
>>
>>53589150

So you admit that you're an animal AND a whore. Good. No need to debate, I already stated the obvious previously here >>53588835
>>
>>53587639
this
>>
>>53589066
Trust me, my dear, it will be a very, very long time before anyone has the stones to conduct a study that reflects badly on women or any minority, let alone one that enforces a commonly believed negative stereotype.

I think the only evidence you'll find is the average age of virginity, it's rising for men and lowering for women.

>>53589088
How very eloquent of you.

>>53589150
I think women don't understand male monogamy, to be honest. Women prefer guys with experience, guys prefer women without, and women can't understand why.

>>53589194
You're conversing with multiple people. I don't believe women are "whores", but after slut walks became a thing I doubt women view sex the same way men do, at least men looking for comitted relationships (because, like, tfwnogf).
>>
File: 1425656475051.jpg (73 KB, 490x628) Image search: [Google]
1425656475051.jpg
73 KB, 490x628
thread's derailed, guys
>>
i have 2, my own personal one (redmi 2) and work one (lumia 625).
i could just use 2 simcards in my redmi, but exchange account integration is way better on windows.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 1296x303) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 1296x303
>>53589235
>Trust me, my dear, it will be a very, very long time before anyone has the stones to conduct a study that reflects badly on women or any minority, let alone one that enforces a commonly believed negative stereotype.
>I think the only evidence you'll find is the average age of virginity, it's rising for men and lowering for women.
Straight out of your ass. Nice. As for virginity, I don't knnow, seems more like a western problem where you promote shit like sixteen and pregnant. Not an issue in the east

>>53589235
>slut walks became a thing
I don't understand the term.

>>53589235
>I doubt women view sex the same way men do
Your doubt is in the wrong

The others are not my posts
>>
File: BlackBerry 10 OS v2.jpg (2 MB, 5758x1440) Image search: [Google]
BlackBerry 10 OS v2.jpg
2 MB, 5758x1440
>>53587889
it takes literally 30 mins to learn hangeul you white nigger
>>
But I think I can respond to this
>>53589235
>Women prefer guys with experience
If you think I prefer a man who slept with five other women before, probably, most likely, tricked them (this man is a whore by definition) you're wrong
>>
>>53589389
I know, I was distinctly unimpressed with anon taking your name. Are you aware of tripcodes?

I take it you're not a westerner, okay, then you might be right. Go Google slut walk if you want a cheap head spin, it'll give you some idea what western men are expected to marry and reproduce with.
>>
>>53587531
They don't sell multi sim card phones in my country, so I need one for personal and one for work.
>>
>I know, I was distinctly unimpressed with anon taking your name. Are you aware of tripcodes?
No, not interested

>>53589454
>Go Google slut walk if you want a cheap head spin, it'll give you some idea what western men are expected to marry and reproduce with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SlutWalk
Tldr, It's the femen movement or whatever? I personally don't endorse that and most women don't either. Generalising on this basis is completely wrong I might add.
>>
>>53587581
>one carrier has awesome data plan
>other has better calling plan
>>
>>53587581
Some people have a phone provided to them from work. Instead of carrying around 2 phones, you can carry around one, and receive calls from both numbers.
>>
>>53589517
Not really my point.

Female promiscuity has been normalised in the west, but male promiscuity is still "creepy" or predatorial for all but a minority of men. The dating game is extremely one sided.

>>53589431
Until women drop their stigma towards virgins, I won't believe you.

Anyway, this thread is now officially off topic.
>>
>>53589654
>virgin
It literally means nothing. On one or the either side.

>>53589654
>The dating game is extremely one sided.
I doubt you're going to be prosecuted for having a date. For having them drugged (includes alcohol, actually only alcohol throughout most Europe) then it becomes an issue.
>>
>>53587581
I live close to the border and I know people that live in my country and work in the neighboring ones. Multiple sim cards for each country.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.