[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New Features that will have you "freaking" out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: windows10.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
windows10.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>New Features that will have you "freaking" out coming to Windows 10 build soon.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/new-windows-10-features-announced-build-will-freaking
How hyped are you /g/?
>>
just hype to get consumers to switch to windows 10.

poo in the loo thanks you for your free shilling for them though.
>>
File: Kyoshi_Island_guy.gif (990 KB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
Kyoshi_Island_guy.gif
990 KB, 350x242
>>
>>53587008
and you will fall for it again
>>
>>53587008
>>New Features that will have you "freaking" out coming to Windows 10 build soon.
CPanel will feature a new 'upgrade to Windows 7' button
>>
I'm looking foward to being able to use user backgroung/lockscreen-background for the login page rather than default win10 wp or solid color.
>>
File: windows10_nsa.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2938) Image search: [Google]
windows10_nsa.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2938
Windows 10 already freaks me out
>>
>>53587468
>people still post this image unironically
Everytime.
>>
they need to add better trackpad features
>>
It will just be a complete dark and white theme for everything.
>>
I'm expecting a fix for OneDrive so it works like a modern file storage & syncing service with APIs and an Explorer slot along with your PC's internal storage and everything, and not just a basic app/service that monitors a folder

then maybe it can do xbox stuff' and 'it can do hololens stuff' and maybe something to make cortana actually useful. i dunno office 365 integration?
>>
GIVE US TABS IN EXPLORER YOU FUCKING CURRY NIGGERS.
>>
File: Capture.png (27 KB, 562x403) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27 KB, 562x403
>>
>>53587008
>The only Windows 10 Redstone features that we know of are improvements to Cortana and Edge Browser Extensions that should be released sometime later this year.

woow more shit I don't use
>>
>>53587008
>inb4 we have to reinstall windows like in TH2 update
>>
File: 1458480714980.png (10 KB, 562x403) Image search: [Google]
1458480714980.png
10 KB, 562x403
>>53587695
how is this?
>>
>>53587695
You can get rid of that shit through registry editing. I agree though, it should be an option.
>>
>>53587809
That's OK. I'd still switch the useless Documents, Pictures etc. with their Library counterparts.

It's be nice if they could do away with the drive letter label and just mount cloud storage providers too, but hey ho
>>
>improvements to Cortana and Edge Browser Extensions
Holy shit, nice! Cortana will transfer even more data to NSA, FASTER and that browser nobody uses will have Extensions ... just like hundred of other browsers!
>>
>>53587008
>MicroCuck

Can we just ban these users?
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 397x442) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 397x442
i'd probably use cortana if there was a simple on/off option coupled with a 'fuck off, forget everything (and i mean everything) i told you and stop bothering me' option

instead of a zillion hidden weasel-worded means-nothing 'we may or may not use your information blah blah blah' disclaimers
>>
ITS OVER
MICROSOFT WON
>>
File: edge-browser-shutterstock.jpg (341 KB, 1400x873) Image search: [Google]
edge-browser-shutterstock.jpg
341 KB, 1400x873
How do I make the tiles be as wide as in op and this picture? My tiles just show 3 wide.
>>
>>53587008
>Windows
>hyped
Oh, Anon.
>>
>>53587894

drag the corners?
>>
>>53587894
karlie, pls, go back to OS X
>>
Cortana is useless, Edge is shit and also useless. Kill yourselves MScucks.
>>
>>53587933
>tfw debloated N edition
>no cortana, no edge
cuck
>>
>>53587695
You can remove/configure them but with 3rd party software.
>>
>>53587972
Any suggestions?
>>
>>53587914
>drag the corners?

Doesn't work.

>>53587919

I'm serious!
>>
>>53587994
I used this: http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.213

Had no problems with it.
>>
File: 1457996797240.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457996797240.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>53587008
>>
>>53587894
Settings > Personalize (or whatever it's called in english) > Start > Show more tiles
>>
My favorite feature since the November update that update is that Windows randomly wakes up the computer from hibernate waking me up in middle of the night.

It's activated by UpdateOrchestrator, a service deeply integrated within the system, you can't disable it through the UI (Scheduled tasks, Power Options, disabling device settings that potentially can wake up the computer etc.) and apparently the only way to disable is through Powershell typing commands:

PS C:\> Get-ScheduledTask | where {$_.settings.waketorun}

$DevList = (powercfg /devicequery wake_armed); if ($DevList -ne 'NONE'){foreach ($Dev in $DevList){If ($Dev -ne ''){(powercfg /devicedisablewake $Dev)}}}

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/windows-10-wakes-randomly-from-hibernate/247e69c3-cc7a-40db-b34e-43d8d60e6947?page=2
>>
>>53588025
Thanks, anon.

I'd still rather it was a native thing in the OS rather than needing some hacky third-party to get the way it should be!
>>
With Microsoft you always lose.
>>
>>53588088
It is native, look harder
>>
>>53588888
im fully hard man, i cant see shit
>>
THE WOW STARTS NOW (tm)
>>
>>53588070
so... it's just easier to switch to linux.
>>
>>53589143
you literally sound like Satya
>>
>>53587884
>You can always tinker with what cortana remembers
>Turn Cortana off entirely
>No FUCKING thanks
>>
>>53588088
You can edit it natively in registry
>>
>>53587468
ahem, incase you dont know windows 10 is a paid software that is maintained by multimillion dollar company and proper coders. because of the frequency of bsods and other general errors in previous windows editions, it makes sense that they want crash dumps to actually fix them instead of upaid 'free' software developers with bloated egos. if you have such critical information or use such private edgy sofware that you cannot afford to leak, you would go for the enterprise edition, which you can disable sending crash dumps too. also many thing highlighted in this picture says it can be disabled one or two lines near.
regards, windows 10 user that hasn't faced a single problem or privacy invasion.

ps: also cortana is realy useful if you let it be. you can search things you dont know with a simple right click 'ask cortana' and it gives you tldr. also it tracks my shipments automatically by searching my email and browsing history for tracking codes. cortana is not a glados tier evil ai. its just a bunch of well made scripts
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.