[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw /g/ could crack the iphone but FBI can't ayy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
>tfw /g/ could crack the iphone but FBI can't

ayy
>>
>>53586187
>/g/ could crack the iphone
no.
>>
>>53586195
>no.

yes.
>>
>>53586218
yes
>no
>>
>>53586187
>/g/ could crack the iphone

Highly unlikely.
>>
File: 1458334804238.gif (309 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458334804238.gif
309 KB, 480x360
>>53586187
Do it faggot.
>>
>>53586187
lol no
>>
"Crack the iPhone?" I doubt anyone here could even put into words what is actually being "cracked."
>>
>>53586187

You get ten tries. On number 10, if unsuccessful, everything gets wiped.

Nobody in the world can do that. Nobody on the universe will ever be able to do that, even with yesterday's encryption tech.

The entire discussion is about Apple disabling the ten try limit so that the FBI can get infinite tries.

Go back to shitposting on /pol/
>>
>>53586187
The FBI can crack the iPhone, they just won't because they want the legal precedent.

Also, /g/ can't.
>>
>>53586255
The glass?
>>
No Pajeet, you can't crack the iPhone. Now give it back or it's a bath in the Ganges for you.
>>
>>53586261
If people try random numbers, then actually one in a hundred people can do it. There is a high probability that someone on /g/ can guess the right code.
>>
>>53586289
what a dumbfuck you are
>>
>>53586297
No. I am right and you know it.
>>
>>53586309
you're a dumbcuck and you don't know it
>>
>>53586315
Please, by all means, try to think of one counter argument without using an ad hominem.
>>
>>53586261
No shit Sherlock, cracking meaning disabling the selfdestruction feature
You're stupid
>>
>>53586339
>muh ad hom
you're too retarded to waste my superior argumentative skills on you
>>
>>53586356
And that proves my point.
Filthy edgelord..
>>
>>53586195
Maybe to your pathetic and feeble mind. Leave the real work to those of us who actually live and breathe in code, kid. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>53586365
you have no point, pranjeet
>>
>>53586367
>leave the real work to freetards
lol
>>
File: MZ2YR0t.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
MZ2YR0t.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>53586187
I can crack it myself
>>
>>53586187
>/g/
>achieving anything
toppest of KEK
>>
Why doesn't the fbi just literally crack open the phone and copy the physical state of the switches inside the device onto other iPhones and just try to get into 100 different iPhones that should all have the same lock combo? Makes much more sense than lobbying for a backdoor and they literally could have been done with this weeks ago.
>>
>>53586289
Limited tries then system locks up
You don't GET 100 guesses
>>
>>53586421
No, you can try 10. But that means that not nobody in the world can do it, but millions of people can. It's just a 1/100 probability that you pick the right person.
>>
>>53586491
you're a special kind of stupid
>>
>>53586261
the password is allah spelled backwards in arabic.
>>
>>53586187
It is not about being able to crack the current phones.
They see that it takes more and more effort to crack these things.
And at some point, it will take them more time to crack something than it would for someone to secure the system.
So what they want is to prevent companies to provide security.
It is a weird ass logic, and it will never work, americans can still make applications, they can ship the source to another country and compile it there if they need to.
They can move to a civilized country if it becomes worse.
As I see it, the current system is fine.
Getting access from the phone is hard, dismantling the phone to get access is harder but the way to do it.

The government should be able to get access to phones if they have a warrant.
They should be able to take the phone apart, clone the drive, run a brute force attack and get access to the data if they have a warrant.

But forcing the company who made the phone to work for the ones who want to break into it is madness.
They are free to hire them to do it, but forcing someone to work for you, for free, is slavery.

It is not apple who is breaking the law.
FBI made a mistake and destroyed evidence.
Shit happens.
But it is not on apple to invent a fix for the mistakes of FBI.
>>
>>53586495
>>53586309
>>
>>53586515
you're a lagroid using freetard autist
>>
>>53586513
Sure, Mordecai.
>>
>>53586556
>>53586339
>>
>>53586634
I am not defending spying on people.
But if a law agency has a warrant, they should be able to execute it.
The person under investigation should be able to know that he is being investigated, so he can confront his accuser and clear his name.
>>
>>53586261
I read somewhere that they can brute force the password for 9 tries and before the 10th flash a new operating system on it, resetting the counter and you can try another 9 times
>>
>>53586774

Oh, i see. Have you notified the FBI about this? Does apple know about this HUGE flaw in their security?

No. This will not work.
>>
>>53587007
That is very loosely quoted to who said it.
http://www.theguardian.com/

technology/2016/mar/09/edward-snowden-fbi-san-bernardino-iphone-bullshit-nsa-apple

This article doesn't contain the how, probably to appeal to non techies but yes im very sure apple and fbi are aware of this flaw if it exists
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
I wish I could crack AES256 in days. Would make me mad shekkles.
>>
>>53586187
lol Bill Gates would crack this shitty iPhone lock during his lunch break.
>>
>>53586232
>no
Yes
>>
>>53586187
Why doesn't the FBI physically give the phone to Apple? Apple could crack the password behind closed doors, determine if the data is worth anything, and if it contains terrorism information, hand that information over to the FBI.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.