[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gnu/lignux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1438005910289.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1438005910289.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
I got linux up and running /g/ (linux from scratch), what I'm supposed to do now? I mean it's just like windows only that all the games I like to play don't work and setting up steam is not an option as I have a 64bit only system.
>>
>>53585513
Which Desktop Environment are you using?
>>
>>53585599
currently openbox with tint2
>>
Balance your checkbook, budget the entire next three years of your life, create a program to judge when you will need to buy groceries next based on what you eat the most

Watch anime
>>
>>53585610
What does tint2 do? I set up open box but that's it so far. I kind of like the extreme minimalism of it at the moment
>>
>>53585513
Linux is your game now. You don't need steam. Now you just need to learn how to rice shit and write scripts etc.
>>
>>53585513
you set up LFS, and now don't know what to do on it AND you expected it to play all windows games? set up windows in KVM + qemu, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>53585647
tint2 is a panel you can use in almost any wm/de
>>
>>53585678
can't do the meme gpu passthrough, my cpu doesn't support it.
>>
>>53585742
I'm just surprised you managed to set up LFS and not know that it can't play all windows games, and also had no idea what to do next. That's impressive, anon.
>>
>>53585769
well I was bored so the setting up part was fun but now I just booted back into windows because frankly I feel like I got meme'd hard
>>
you can get steam running on it, or is this just some weird LFS thing? I'm running it right now on arch 64 bit
>>
>>53585811
If you did it because you thought it is what you were supposed to do, yes.
>>
>what am I supposed to do now?
Whatever you would on any system.
You will get more out of your system if you learn some sort of programming language but if you don't want to do that, find out what you want to do instead.
You can do office work for all I care.
>>
>>53585826
there is no multilib repo on LFS, in arch or any other distro you enable the multilib repo and get all the 32bit libraries required.
>>
>>53585513
You can install 32bit libs, it's easy as 3.14! Just google it.
>>
File: freebsd3.jpg (376 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
freebsd3.jpg
376 KB, 1680x1050
Format what ever shitty linux distro infected your system and install FreeBSD.
>>
>>53585954
Is that gnu window maker? I'm thinking about installing that on my gentoo rig.
>>
>>53585513
I could give less of a shit about your problem, but thanks for using the retard frog pic. I like the new trend of idiots literally holding a sign up to tell me they're dumb and not worth helping.
>>
>>53586051
I find it odd that all frog posters talk the same, act the same - it's either my brain forcing me to judge all of them with the same eyes because they're dumb frog posters - or maybe genuine stupid people feel the urge to download and impersonate as a dumb frog.
>>
>>53586051
>>53586079
and it's always the same fags who feel the urge to click on the frogs to post their shitty rant
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.