[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /g/, we fought the good fight and sadly lost. https://
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Goodbye linux.png (584 KB, 848x432) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye linux.png
584 KB, 848x432
Well /g/, we fought the good fight and sadly lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4JIg-68gg

I mean if anyone knows what it's like to become obsolete it has to be an old dishwasher and farm equipment.
>>
>>53583995
>old meme is old
>>
>>53583995
damm she fine
>>
>>53583995
They're not wrong they're just 40 years early. When moore's law starts to drop off and storage+batteries get better I think there won't be any reason to make desktop specific comptuers. The world will move towards mobile laptops/tablets which can be plugged into a set of screens and a charging cable when at a desk and taken with you at any other time.
>>
>>53585945
Except that as houses become more sophisticated and smart, a personal mainframe will be required to both manage that (rather than a central building mainframe which is a bigger security issue), and to manage all your peripherals,
and that's the desktop computer so-to-speak.
Also batteries will never get good enough that their life expectancy is not being reduced parallel to their usage in terms of continuous plug-in charging.
>>
File: 1295181672062.jpg (97 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1295181672062.jpg
97 KB, 750x600
>>53583995

>top comment
>total biscuit
>What was this video edited on? exactly.

Enough said.
>>
>>53583995
Rachel Riley is such a sexy jew
>>
>>53586442
>everyone is a video editor
>>
>storage
Okay, it is theoretically possible to store a lot of data on small devices, but two years later and where is the 1TB phones?
Even 256GB phones?
The reason it isn't popular is that nobody cares.
There is no reason for that much storage on phones because you can't really use phones for that much.
Sure, people send mails and search for information on the phones but that is hardly "all the work" people do on computers.
Regardless of how well we make phones, you need bigger screens to multitask, you need keyboards to type stuff and you need tools to interact with the computer in a better way than a 5" touch screen.
>wifi speeds
They have gotten better, but not even close to what is possible with a wired connection.
Most people don't really need that much speed though.

I would love to be able to connect my phone to a dock or even better just put it on a plate on the table and it will start charging, connect to my displays, my peripherals and then I can do anything I could on a desktop.

But we are not there yet.
A good substitute is a laptop.
You can get a lot of work done on a laptop and dock it to get the peripherals you need.
You can sacrifice some speed and pay some more to get a similar setup but people overestimate how much they move their computers.
>>
>>53583995
bet it's a brit fags show, hate rosbeef
>>
>>53583995
> white bald dude is some nerd
> niggy is a funny dude who does manual work
> white girl is a Stacy that talks about some nerd stuff in a very simplified way
All the stereotypes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.