[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got a job as a night auditor. Why isn't this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 527678.jpg (65 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
527678.jpg
65 KB, 500x322
I recently got a job as a night auditor.

Why isn't this job automated? It's 80% data entry, and 20% math. Is it cause it technically deals with customers? Cause I talk to maybe two people who aren't my co-workers a night.
>>
>>53583984
I've heard of night auditors who literally wrote a script to do their job in 2 minutes with a press of a button and then just did nothing the rest of their shift.
>>
>>53584029
I already do nothing 7 of the 8 hours I work. I was thinking more "can I automate the process and sell it to hotels as a cheaper and more efficient alternative?"
>>
>>53584053
>have a good gig
>ruin it for everyone
Don't do that, asshole.
>>
>>53584029
double edged sword

one one side, it seems beneficial to automate your own job, as you don't have to do as much yourself
but.. if you get found out, then you've deprecated yourself, and may lose your job
>>
>>53584082
But I could become rich...

Why hasn't someone done this? There must be a reason or else they would have. I managed to build my own PC but otherwise I'm retarded, especially when it comes to software.
>>
>>53584118
he's just as fired if he doesn't automate his job, but his boss realizes that it could easily be automated. They'd hire a consultant to write the script for a thousand bucks and then fire OP.
>>
>>53584152
that's true
just keep your mouth shut about anything relating to automation and hope noone higher up figures it out
>>
>>53584152
>>53584118
why are you two thinking so low?! Almost all hotels use the exact same software. Why the fuck would I automate the process and then stay here and not sell it? That's like finding gold but instead of selling it, you use it as building materials to make a shed.
>>
>>53584181
i'm not aware of your situation exactly, if your automation can be applied generally then it might be worth selling
>>
>>53584121

People do it. and then whole departments become obsolete. You get promoted, 100s of people lose their jobs. Worth it?
>>
>>53584236
>I get promoted

I wouldn't stay with this company if I automated it and sold it to hundreds of thousands, if not millions of hotels, you dumbass.
>>
>>53584181
a bird in the hand (a paycheck for almost no work) beats two in the bush (the possibility of making more money by selling the automation solution)

besides, selling other hotels on a piece of software sounds like work. You have a job where you don't really have to do any.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.