[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /g/ i have a question to ask you i have schizophrenia and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 1443916808177.jpg (45 KB, 550x711) Image search: [Google]
1443916808177.jpg
45 KB, 550x711
so /g/ i have a question to ask you i have schizophrenia and my dad had a stroke and cant walk

i was wondering whats a career that can both cure of those diseases that have to do with computers science

i plan on making that my career because thats my dream and i plan to reach it

would be very glad if you guys can help me thanks

posting best girl in animu and mango
>>
>>53582540
>i was wondering whats a career that can both cure of those diseases
eugenics

>that have to do with computers science
You can design the record keeping software.
>>
>>53582567
thanks anon for your reply have a nice day
>>
>>53582540
There are medicines that can bring you out of schizophrenia, you know. Respiridone, I believe.
>>
>>53582540
You need to focus on living a life that doesn't stress your fragile psyche. Let us help rather than trying to fix your life's problems. We aren't demons. We don't want to hurt you.
>>
>>53582672
im now taking lonasen, i think thats the only one available here in japan
>>
File: 1444707304567.png (476 KB, 1090x720) Image search: [Google]
1444707304567.png
476 KB, 1090x720
>>53582683

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>53582683
yeah i guess you're right but i was just curious you know sometimes i feel i want to do something big like being a catalyst for other people with the same disease as i have or my father has

about the helping part thanks as long as you keep this board alive it will help me alot because i already got a lot of information off this site

thank you very much
>>
>>53582771
Look into biomedical engineering, or some other kind of biology degree so that you can work in medical research.
>>
File: 1440815850025.jpg (77 KB, 854x576) Image search: [Google]
1440815850025.jpg
77 KB, 854x576
>>53582736
chinatsu chan that face scares me
>>
>>53582712
I never had Lonasen. You should speak to your doctor if you feel it isn't effective, they may be able to change your treatment plan.

I went on Epilem (didn't really work,) then Seroquel (didn't like the constant sleepiness), then finally Risperidone.

My condition is kind of gone but I still hear voices, they're more a part of me now and I can control them for the most part.
>>
>>53582831
Those are called thoughts. Your mistake is thinking that every word that passes through your mind is a voice.
>>
>>53582819
thanks im looking at it right now

keep the thread alive, i wanna hear more opinions
>>
>>53582877
That's easy for you to say, its not like you know what its like.

Not the girl you're replying to btw
>>
>>53582877
Yes. Now. At it's peak I was doing some weird stuff.

As I have learned, my thoughts do not always have a voice, they can more of feeling or a concept held in my head. When you learn to listen to the thought rather than the voice is when you can recover. At least for me, the anon may have a slightly different kind.
>>
>>53582919
You are right.

I am just, "Bipolar" with a history of violence against police. I have no idea what it is like. I don't keep my mad thoughts to myself because I know what will happen if I tell people what I actually think when I am alone. I don't drink gallons of whiskey to keep myself relaxed in the night.
>>
do we have a new Terry Davis on our hands?
>>
>>53582540
>i have a question to ask you i have schizophrenia
the answer is to kill yourself. As a person who had two family members with schizophrenia I can assure you that this is the best solution for everyone involved.
>>
Prolly research
good luck akarin
>>
>>53582831
nah dude, im fine

no delusions and no more voices with lonasen

my daily life with schizophrenia symptoms were believing nobody wanted me and wanted me to die and believing every part of my house was being monitores (always being watched)

but no more i recommend going to a welfare center like i am doing and meet people with the same experiences as you

good luck homie peace
>>
>>53582937
I used meditation. Learning to have thoughts and let them go as if they were immaterial rather than critically important even when there was no relevant external stimuli was what worked for me rather than anti-psychotic medications and talk therapy.
>>
>>53582980
You always watch yourself. You always know, but there is more to you than you think.
>>
>>53582970
shut the fuck up nigger kill yourself then you have the same probabilities as your family members of having schizophrenia
>>
>>53583017
i didnt get what you said but its sounds something positive so thanks i guess
>>
>>53582970
You are probably a terrible person that causes other people to go insane to deal with the hell that you create in your personal reality.
>>
>>53582976
yes thanks familia
>>
>>53583067
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subconscious
>>
brb im going to the convenience store to buy cigarettes, onigiri and ocha
>>
>>53582994
Sounds about right. In my experience, *completely* taking oneself out of schizophrenia and post-psychotic depression involves personally addressing the deeper issue. Anti-psychotics help, especially if it was drug-induced in the first place, but there's that underlying thing that still needs to be fixed.
>>
>>53582540

currently, as you know, the treatment for schizophrenia is medicine and people don't know what causes schizophrenia other than it is something with neurotransmitters/molecules in the brain.

the closest cure that i can think of right now is better medicine. so, it would be pharmaceutical researcher as a career. it's not really related to computer science, but you'd need to know how to use a computer to do statistics and such for your research.
>>
find out how to cure being a weeaboo faggot first
>>
>>53583155
I usually find that people have logical positivist ideals that make them crazy. When you realize that your internal thoughts are sometimes just like artifacts of internal processing and not some literal reflection of reality, then life gets a whole lot easier.
>>
>>53582957
Your sarcasm is dreadful.

At least you aren't a comedian.
>>
>>53583162
Anything related to research will have him doing correlations and data analysis, where computer stuff comes real handy.
Incidentally, it looks like real fun too.
So either OP can just take computer science and then get postgraduate studies on data analysis/scientific computing and help doctors indirectly, or become a doctor and get into postgraduate medicine and work closely with data scientists, either is good I think.
>>
>>53583213
No. I'm a professional academic.
>>
>>53582540
Kill yourself or go to >>>/a/

I don't give a shit whichever you choose
>>
>>53583375
lol u mad doe
>>
>>53583226
>Poor™
>>
>>53583197
>>53583375
they all mad because of best girl and obviously 主役は明かりです
>>
>>53583219
holy cow you guys are really detailed thanks to you all guys you guys are awesome keep at it!
>>
>>53583026
>>53583068
Yeah, I'm the terrible person for being abused by crazy people for 10 years. Sure. Makes sense.
>>
>>53583375
>muh one board meme
not OP but please leave
>>
>>53583578
>anime website
Fuck off, anime has enough containment boards
>>
>>53583572
you shouldnt have been rude with me you know i have nothing to do with your personal problems

maybe you should have made your family members go to the doctor for medications
>>
File: 1347318478033.png (324 KB, 1054x748) Image search: [Google]
1347318478033.png
324 KB, 1054x748
>>53582540
>posting best girl
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>53583912
you fuck off cuck

please leave
>>
>>53583981
>defending weaboo shits leaving their containment board
>calls others cuck

Wew lad
>>
>>53582540
>falling for the schizophrenia meme
Look at this chucklefuck
>>
>anime website
>triggered everytime
>berates mental illness

who is the one who is really ill huh.

>>>/leave/
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.