[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1458222853599.webm (3 MB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
1458222853599.webm
3 MB, 1280x686
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
Your phone usually resets the battery usage stats after a full 100% charge. How do I change it so that it resets after any charge?

Using a Galaxy s6
>>
>>53582247
The full drain usage was designed to start from a full charge, not from any charge. You could use another app
>>
File: 1443755002890.jpg (38 KB, 405x343) Image search: [Google]
1443755002890.jpg
38 KB, 405x343
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll shoot.

Recently I've taken up a photography hobby and I've been doing a little more traveling than usual as a result. I haven't owned a laptop in like 10 years and I have no idea what brands are trustworthy and shit now. But looking for something small, light and with good battery life. Just something to throw in my bag during my weekend trips.

Any good recommendations? Price isn't a huge issue. I'll pay up for something quality but not looking to waste money or anything.
>>
I have two 1tb drives striped in windows software raid, but I think one of the drives is starting to catch errors even though windows isn't reporting anything.

I already have everything backed up off of them, what's my next course of action?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-20_00-03-01.png (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-20_00-03-01.png
213 KB, 1920x1080
I unlocked the bootloader on my phone and I'm now trying to flash a recovery image in order to install Cyanogenmod. I'm trying to follow the tutorial on the Cyanogenmod wiki, but I don't quite understand what the first half of step 4 is asking, and I don't know where my fastboot directory is. Could someone tell me how I go about step 4?
>>
>>53582318
>But looking for something small, light and with good battery life. Just something to throw in my bag during my weekend trips.
Just get a $120-$140 laptop or a 2-1 tablet.

Be more specific in what are you going to use it for.
>>
Why isn't Blingee working on Chrome? Adblock disabled, Java installed and enabled, Windows 7
>>
>>53582383

Maybe some quick Lightroom edits on the road, but nothing too crazy. I have a good comp I've built at home for any heavy lifting.

Shitpost on 4chan, transfer photos and sync up with Dropbox, check email...etc.

Just looking for a battery life driven light small laptop, not a workhorse.
>>
Finishing my first build and realized I need a SATA III cable for my SSD. Question: How long do I need? Would 11-15", 16-20", or 21-25" be preferable? If it matters, my case is going to be an Fractal Design Define R5.
>>
>>53582477

My motherboard came with like 3...I think most do desu. Would check the "what's in the box" on your mobo before buying.

How long depends on where your HDD/SSD drives are mounted in the case you're buying. Usually it's a short trip from the SSD to the motherboard.
>>
>>53582477
longer would be better than shorter, since you'd have more opportunity for cable management
>>
/g/ I need to get a new laptop but I usually just buy used ones. I was hoping to get one that has a decent graphics card so I can do some light gaming with it with some older games, but that also has a decent battery (maybe even having switchable graphics between an integrated card on battery and a decent dedicated graphics card when plugged in)

i'm trying to keep my budget at or below $500. anyone have ideas of decent laptops that are a couple of years old that fits this? maybe an acer one?
>>
>>53582498
>>53582502
Here's the inside of the case. I imagine the mobo is gonna be flat against the back, so I imagine its gonna be mounted in one of those drive bays.
>>
>>53582409
Instead a lightweight Laptop you should get a 2-1 tablet.

HP Pavilion x360 13t
Microsoft Surface 3

If you just want a really good laptop with insane battery life check out the Lenovo 11E.
>>
>>53582563
you probably don't need any cables since your case is invisible..
>>
Hey /g/uys, I've had an old Surface Pro 3 sitting in my closet for a few years after receiving it as a gift for getting into my parents' preferred uni.

The problem is that the screen is busted and I've been thinking about giving it to my fiancée who's an illustrator and can't really afford a personal Cintiq.

I've gone to several repair shops in my area and they've told me that they can't do anything for me. So I'm gonna have to send this into Microsoft in order to get the screen working again.

Am I going to have to do a complete system wipe if I decide to send it in?
>>
>>53582591
>fiancee
>/g/

get outta here
>>
File: guts.png (187 KB, 513x447) Image search: [Google]
guts.png
187 KB, 513x447
>>53582563
Oops, for got image. Also looked at the Mobo, it comes with "3 x Serial ATA 6.0Gb/s cables". That doesn't indicate if they're SATA III, though?
>>
>>53582591
I believe they wipe the system themselves for security reasons. But I still wiped my tablet when I sent it in.
>>
>>53582609
this is just a tech board bud, /v/ is over the other way
>>
>>53582610
SATA 6Gb/s means SATA3.
>>
>>53582563
>>53582610

Your HDD/SSD bays are right beside where your SATA cables connect to your motherboard to the right.

A short cable will work, but if you wanna take it behind to get sexier cable management the longer the sata cable the better.

For sata cables I never worried about that tho since they look pretty neat anyway.
>>
Question if the limit of M2 is 10Gb/s how can some M2 cards work at 2GB/s? shouldnt the limit be 1.2GB/s?
>>
>>53582571

Thanks buddy. I'm gonna look into a few 2 in 1s since that does sound like more of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>53582633
>>53582640

Thanks! I'm new. *waves*

Any recommendations on cable brands? I know nothing and I'm buying off of Newegg.
>>
File: 1451549115785.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1451549115785.gif
2 MB, 540x540
truly retarded question since im too lazy to walk to my back basement

i was logging into my debian server via ssh and i typed my username in wrong so i got upset and held enter a whole lot and spammed incorrect login. then my ssh session died and i cant connect to it anymore. what do i do now?

also, i type in username in incorrectly a lot and just end my ssh session -- how do i back out so i can type my username in again?
>>
>>53582677

Honestly if you're 100% sure your motherboard doesn't come with SATA cables, just buy the cheap ones with a bunch of good reviews. Like HDMI cables, you aren't gonna get any noticeable improvement by paying up for some 'special' brand.

But really tho man, most motherboards come with sata cables.
>>
>>53582675
Most 2-1 Tablets have insane battery life, from 7 to 10 hours because their CPUs use a really low amount of energy.

If you wanna get a really cheap one just get one with a recent quad Atom CPU, will do all basic tasks and more with no problem.
>>
>>53582710
how do u get rid of bloatware
>>
>>53582723
Windows 10?
Reinstall Windows 8.1.

Most easy way is just to install a clean version of windows deleting the recovery partitions.
>>
>>53582793
how
>>
>>53582800
also do u need to enter product key
>>
Alright so I think I have everything I need for my build:

CPU, Cooler, MOBO, Memory, SSD, HD, GPU, Case, PSU, Optical drive, Wireless card, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, External HD, surge protector/outlet, and the displayport cable for the monitor. That's a lot of stuff o.o

Does it sound like I'm forgetting anything?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kFBxD3
>>
What's a good Chromium browser for Android? I browse other chans with Firefox and it's just unbelievably awful. Firefox is fine with most other sites, but when I try typing in the reply box there is an almost 3 second+ lag. I don't have this issue with chrome, but muh botnet
>>
>>53582817
heres my manual http://www.balticdata.lv/Gfx/ProductFiles/P3050-Acer_Aspire_E5-571_887899646638_instrukcija.pdf
>>
>>53582800
Exactly of what kind of bloatware you want to get rid of?

The one that comes preinstalled in your computer?
Adwcleaner is the basic step.
>>
>>53582836
oh ok
>>
>>53582822
Get another HSF like NH-U12S or NH-U14S.
Get another wireless card, that one is too expensive.
Why the blu-ray?
Do you really need a ultrawide monitor?
Get a 850 EVO if you are spending this much.
>>
>>53582829
I use Firefox Aurora on Android. Daily updates with the latest features (and addons) and more stable than Firefox beta. It updates through itself rather than Google Play Services shit

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#developer
>>
File: 1458345655796.jpg (55 KB, 602x614) Image search: [Google]
1458345655796.jpg
55 KB, 602x614
>>53582686
crisis averted, it turned back on

need an answer for second question though :[
>>
>>53582911
u r qt
>>
>>53582822
hey anon, I've made some changes to your build to save you some money and better optimize your performance.

The cheaper wireless card will give you the same performance, you don't need to drop another $60 for an out-of-place red PCB.

The cheaper ASUS board will give you all of the same features and overclocking potential of the more expensive board. Also, there's a Newegg combo deal on it with your CPU.

Other than that, I would highly suggest removing the blu-ray drive if you're not gonna use it regularly. Optical media is on its way out and that's another $50 in your checking account. You picked a great PSU, case, and CPU. It'll be a great build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VXnwGX
>>
If I follow the steps here to remove telemetry updates from Windows 7:
http://superuser.com/questions/972501/how-to-stop-microsoft-from-gathering-telemetry-data-from-windows-7-8-and-8-1
I basically have to install all future updates manually, since it says to disable automatic updates? Can't I just mark those telemetry updates as not to be installed?
>>
>>53582982
Just disable them, you dont need windows updates at all.
>>
>>53582935
Thanks desu wa~
>>
I'm looking for a 1080p vertical adjustable IPS display 60hz monitor, I'm in need of a second monitor.

I've been looking at a Dell display, but it's around $300.

Is there any thing more affordable with all the things I need?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>53582981
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VXnwGX
Hey, thanks man. After showing my tech buddies my list they were pulling it apart like taffy. Apparently it doesn't have enough fans inside?
>>
File: 1424626897016.jpg (255 KB, 1024x542) Image search: [Google]
1424626897016.jpg
255 KB, 1024x542
How do I get Windows 10 ltsb on a new desktop? I heard an illegitimate win7 + daz loader can get regular 10, but I'm looking to get ltsb specifically?

Bonus points of anyone has a download link.
>>
>>53583126
What? Ignore them. The case fans combined with your CPU fan will provide plenty of airflow.
>>
>>53583061
Dell U2515H
Asus PB258Q

Most adjustable monitors are in the $300 range.
>>
>>53583126
Not him but you might want more than a 212 EVO as HSF since you will be overclocking.
Also check the GA-Z170XP-SLI Price.
>>
>>53582981
Not that anon, but I appreciate the info and I'd like to ask some stupid build questions as well if that's okay.

How does that mobo compare to this cheaper Micro Z170 board?
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z170mextreme4
Besides size and price, is the functionality similar?

What are some tasks that would make his i5 CPU series a necessity over something like an i3-6100? For example, could the i3 handle commercial video editing routines?
>>
>>53583217
It looks about the same.

And I wouldn't use an i3 for video editing. Of the few things that will benefit from 'muh moar corez!!' you'll want a decent i5 or i7 for multi- and hyperthreaded workloads like video rendering. I'm in digital video development, and while I don't use my home desktop for it, my work rig is running a 5820k.
>>
>>53583217
There is a huge difference between a I5 and I3.

If you can afford it get the I5.
Gold rules.
Dont cheap out in your PSU and motherboard, get a good one from the start since you wont change it in a long time, probably the last party you will replace.
>>
Alright. My computer runs Windows 10 and I've never used any Linux OS. I can install another OS to dual-boot, and it won't effect the windows part of my computer in any way, right? What is a good distro for a beginner?
>>
I fell for the smartphone meme and have a galaxy s4 which I haven't really tinkered with
Today I rooted it and am now trying to install a custom rom on it. I have an external sd card which I placed the corresponding Cyanogen inside and tried to update from in the recovery mode thing (vol up, home, power button), but it says signature could not be verified

Am I supposed to do something aside from just root it?
>>
Amazon mexico is rather new so i dont know a lot about it so i hope its the same than in amazon EU.

What happens if a seller turns out to be a scammer? I mean, there is someone selling something really cheap but his store has no information about him, no links about the site, cant find anything about it in google, etc.

Will amazon return my money?
>>
>>53583250
>>53583251
This certainly helps. I may have to go a bit over budget to fit my needs, but they do say that you get what you pay for. Thanks again.
>>
>>53583480
>Amazon EU
US*
>>
>>53583391
The best thing to do imo is to just get a super cheap thinkpad instead of dualbooting. If you can't do this, then yeah dual booting is a valid option and won't affect your Windows partition as far as I know. I used to dual boot with Win7 and didn't have an issue, but maybe Win10 is different.

Most people say regular ubuntu, but I personally hate it desu. I'd say the better option would be Linux Mint, but that's just me
>>
>>53583391
Having tried a bunch myself, any fairly mainstream distro with a full live image available is a good start. I've tried out Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Dragora, Mint, Kali, Gentoo, Arch and Netrunner. Ubuntu, Fedora, Centos, Mint, Netrunner are all fine and easy to install from an image and pretty simple to grasp I found. I like to push Ubuntu as babby's first Linux since at least when I did that before thaey had a thing where you could try out the OS in the web browser, which made it easy to go "go to this website, click that and poke around. Then get it if you like it as it will be exactly like you tried".
>>
>>53583391
Linux Mint is the best for a begginer.

It wont affect your Windows partition.
>>
>>53583391
I suggest waiting until next month when Ubuntu 16.04 and the variants releases. That way you will get to use the latest LTS (long term support) release with the newest features.

I'd go for Linux Mint 18 when it releases, or try other Ubuntu 16.04 variants like Ubuntu MATE or Xubuntu if you dont like the default Unity desktop.

As far as dual booting goes, the Live installers usually do a good job, but i suggest making back ups as there still is a chance for error
>>
More like a request.

What was that alternative app for youtube on android called again?
It was promoted on here quite often.
>>
File: 32287440.png (16 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
32287440.png
16 KB, 200x234
>Extending router from house to the shed
Should I try power line extension or running an ethernet cable out there to a router running openwrt
>>
I just heard a pop as my PC shut itself down and now it simply won't turn back on. Is my power supply fucked?
>>
>>53583822
Bit vague m8
>>
>>53583822
possibly
could also be the mainboard. check for blown up transistors or do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcWCrYpw3Y
>>
>>53583871
good laptop for a person who wants to watch anime and do light gaming
>>
File: TuBMFb.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
TuBMFb.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
Trying to use one hard drive to dual boot w7/10. Currently i cloned my w7(C:\) to a separate partition(D:\) on the same hard drive and used EasyBCD to make it so i boot into D:\. My issue is i think its using my C drive for all the information even though i am booted into D. I was looking into registry editing my D drive so that it goes to D instead of C but when i open Registry Editor its using the C drive still. Any help or am i going about this the hard way?
>>
>>53582318
asus is fine.
>>
I can't find this shit anywhere but I just built my first PC yesterday morning. Everything was fine, pirated Windows, updated my BIOS and GPU drivers. Now earlier today my computer started to freeze completely, forcing it to shut down until it stopped booting and freezing on the splash screen, not even getting to "starting windows". I've reset the CMOS, been lucky to get into the BIOS menu and try to put the settings on default and still nothing. I don't want to feel like I blew my entire build. This is my build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/w3dgD3
>>
>>53583759
ethernet cable is always the correct choice where at all possible
>>
How can I permanently disable the Windows 10 firewall?
It keeps re-enabling itself after 30 seconds.

Getting real close to going back to 7.
>>
Is there a windows photo frame viewer similar to gPhotoframe? I want an application that I can use for pictures on my desktop in changeable sized windows.
>>
I am working on a document-based solution database system for end iser self-service and first level support. Which backend would you prefer: Cassandra or Hbase?
>>
Some anon recommended me this laptop, which I think is an awesome deal

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KFQASE

But, I don't live in US, is there any EU store (that ships to Spain) you guys could recommend me to buy it?
>>
>>53584432
>changeable sized windows
irvanview has a fit window to image function if that's what you mean
>>
>>53584432
ACDSee is nice, but its more a replacement of Windows Explorer.
>>
>>53584096
strip out everything but the cpu and one stick of ram, if it boots then add components till it doesn't and you've found the problem, if it doesn't boot switch ram sticks, if it still doesn't boot, try different psu, if that don't work it's either a bum cpu or mobo
>>
What are some cheap 1440p/ultrawide monitor?
>>
how to have private conversation on mumble
>>
>>53584223
Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.
>>
I broke my display manager accidentally, apt is being a bitch and aptitude wants to uninstall a bunch of packages on the down low, any ways to install the packages I need to repair my display manager with without aptitude uninstalling any?
>>
>>53585390
Use twm. twm is the best display manager.
>>
>>53585459
Thanks for the recommendation, maybe aptitude is doing me a favor uninstalling gdm?
>>
just thought I'd ask before doing crazy things

I've got a DIR-655 B1, and I'd like to install cfw to it since the stock one sucks major balls, does anyone here have one with cfw?
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-655
>>
How would I go about creating my own VPS?
What are the costs/time involved to do so or what kind of hardware do I need?
>>
>>53585713
you rent VPS's, you don't create them yourself
>>
>>53582369
You're following the wrong steps for what you want to do....
>>
I'm looking to buy a Thinkpad T420 on eBay.

I live in EU so prices aren't that good, but I found one labeled as A-Ware with 1600x900 screen, 4GB of RAM and 160GB SSD for 250€.

There are other models from the same seller with more RAM but HDD.

I can get a 4GB stick for 17€ shipped, should I worry about the frequency of the ram included in the T420? I guess it comes with just one stick but I could ask.
>>
File: Speccy.png (24 KB, 545x493) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
24 KB, 545x493
I'm uninstalling unnecessary software from my system. Can I remove the following or would it fuck something up?

AMD Catalyst Install Manager
AMD VISION engine control center
Raptr
(For these three above keep in mind I have a dual AMD GPU)

DirectX 9.0c Extra Files (x86, x64)
DirectX for Managed Code
Java 8 Update 51
Java 8 Update 51 (64-bit)
>>
I've been reading up a little bit on tor and i2p, darknet shit in general really, and there are a few things I just don't understand.

When using Tor, from what I understand, you make a request for a website, and tor sends it encrypted through the network, the idea being that nobody except you knows both what was requested and who requested it.
For clearnet stuff I can vaguely get what happens. My PC finds an exit node, strings a few other nodes together, and sends the request to the first one.
What happens next, I don't really get though.
What does the server do with that request, exactly?

And also, how do darknet sites keep their IP concealed? Surely the node that relays the request to the server knows both what it is and its IP?

I'm not sure if my questions make any sense.
>>
When pirate groups rip Netflix shows do they do a lossless screen capture or is there some sort of youtube-dl esque tool to just dump the stream?
>>
>>53585737
How much cost is involved then or where would you go to find services?
>>
>>53585994
https://www.digitalocean.com/
>>
What exactly does a sim card do and why have we not gotten rid of hem yet?
>>
File: 6uK6MXe.png (62 KB, 674x532) Image search: [Google]
6uK6MXe.png
62 KB, 674x532
Just changed out a PSU, old one had 500W and busted the glass thing inside.
Pic related are the specs, it's possible the old one didn't have enough power? apart from these it only had a normal fan and a small additional one for the CPU.

Also the new one (650W) does a weird sound, like sand being poured when it turns on, but only with the case open, can't hear it otherwise.
How much did i fuck up?
>>
>>53583822
Just happen to me, very likely.
Either that or one of the capacitors on the motherboard popped.
Open up your case, if you see a cilinder popped open with liquid coming out you are fucked.
If you don't you need a new PSU.
>>
Downloaded a windows 7 iso from here

mirror. corenoc de/digitalrivercontent. net/

As someone here recommended, can anyone confirm that it's safe?

>inb4 install linux
I already have, I need to dual boot
>>
>>53585854
Be sure to google out ANYTHING you come across, that being said.

>AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Probably don't, you can control your GPU from here apparently.
>AMD VISION engine control center
I guess this is ok
>raptr
Uninstall

>directx9, java
Don't
>>
>>53586089
Can confirm 100% safe, Running it right now.
Only thing is deluge gave me problems and wouldn't connect properly to the peers so it didn't download.
Halite on the other hand gave me a stable 1.2mbps which is the max speed i can go.
Can't say anything about utorrent
>>
File: 1458423077397.png (160 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458423077397.png
160 KB, 600x1000
Anyone know about the 3D asset format .c3b?
Seems to be a format for coco2d's game development engine
Looking for a way to view their wireframes, or better, convert to another 3D format

There is documentation for fbx to c3b conversion, but nothing about c3b to anything else
>>
File: Inquisitive.jpg (96 KB, 700x979) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitive.jpg
96 KB, 700x979
Is there a custom CSS script to move the frames if you're using 4chan.org/frames to the right side?
>>
>>53586113
Thanks, I've been running it in a VM for a bit looking around, glad to finally get rid of 10
>>
>>53586148
CSS can't control that, you'd need a userscript to move some elements around.
>>
>>53586158
Thanks for the answer.
>>
Best way to migrate from storage spaces to ext4?

I have 4x4tb striped mirrors and 3x3tb backup drives all in ntfs format.

Is it better to format the 4x4tb and just read the ntfs backup from ubuntu in read only format or should I format the backup drives into ext4 and backup the data again before I format the 4x4tb drives?

How is ntfs support under linux nowadays?
>>
>>53586253
less words
more details
>>
i have a couple of cisco 2811 routers, whats the easiest ways of using these in my houses as the main internet router.
what sort of interfaces can i buy that are relatively cheap?
>>
>>53583759
Ethernet if length won't kill the signal.
Otherwise go wireless. Get two antennas and go wild.

If you don't want to go wireless and it's a long way then use ethernet + repeaters.

Getting power there is generally the worst idea unless it's short term.
If it's long term then you should consider laying power cables permanently.

>>53585854
>Raptr, AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Yes and yes.
Keep in mind removing the latter will make you unable to uninstall/modify/repair AMD driver components without redownloading driver installer again. It's still safe to remove.
>Java
Safe to remove, some programs may end up not working.
>DirectX
Those are only some extra packages for DX9, not actual DX. Safe to remove, but some programs may end up not working.
>AMD VISION engine control center
That I dunno. Maybe it's required for multi-monitor setups.
>>
What is a cheap Haswell board with USB 3.1?
>>
>>53586582
Just realized I recommended an antenna in a no-power shed. Scratch that.
Everything else is good advice.
>>
>>53586591
http://geizhals.eu/?cat=mbp4_1150&xf=7088_USB+3.1+Typ-A&asuch=&bpmax=&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu&plz=&dist=&mail=&sort=p
>>
>>53583444
it usually goes root -> install custom recovery -> install custom ROM

Some Samsung phones overwrite custom recovery and install stock if you don't reboot in a specific way. Check if you're using a custom recovery first. If that's OK and you still get errors, consider downloading again the ROM file.
>>
>>53583696
There's NewPipe, Skytube and WebTube. They're all in F-Droid. I'm not sure which one the /g/ autist collective is suggesting these days, but I use WebTube and it jest werks.
>>
>>53585141
latest Asus a shit, and i3 a shit any day

Consider something else, prefer MSI and i5
>>
>>53585814
yes, worry. RAM freq is relevant, you want to match it accurately.
>>
>>53586035
they store your user ID (aka your phone number) for the cellular network. That info used to be linked to the phone itself, but that made it hard to change devices. SIM cards allow you to change your phone without much trouble.
>>
Does Greasemonkey allow running scripts on Firefox UI, or only on websites?
>>
Is NoScript shitting up for anyone else when you click placeholders?
>>
A basic guide for Mobos?

What are the main brands
(for example in CPUs are Intel and AMD)
And how are they arranged?
(In Intel, i7>i5>i3>Pentium>celeron etc)
>>
>>53586681
I guess I can wait to see what ram it comes with and adapt.

Hell most likely I'll be fine with 4Gb anyway.
>>
I'm planning on buying a NAS for backup purposes and as a streaming device to my tv through hdmi.
I'm a bit confused about link aggregation and the different implementations of it. Is it done at the level of a network switch or does the home modem/router has to support it as well?
Any recommendations for a 8 port gigabit switch to connect to the router for home use that supports link aggregation (IEEE 802.1AX-2008) and is reasonably priced?
Thanks.
>>
My computer is continually approaching the graveyard, I have already had to replace my original hard drive and power supply, I am blue screening at least bi-daily and get tons of stutters. However as a college student I am pretty budget bound and am hoping to make the full upgrade to an i5 6600 with some ddr4 ram and a new mobo, and a 144hz so i can see the full effect of the upgrade.

-Is the 6600 fine or is the 6600k worth it? I only really use my computer for pretty basic stuff like: TF2, Civ 5, CS:GO, Quake Live, Photoshop, and if the 6600k is worth it what would be a quiet cooler that could keep it cool?

-Is the stock cooler on a 6600 okay?

-When should I buy? I can deal with my old computer (until it inevitably dies) but I somehow doubt prices will drop beyond a certain point. I have been price checking on pcpartpicker periodically and it just dipped under 500 dollars for the ram, cpu, mobo and monitor combined so I am tempted to pull the trigger.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fRmW23

Thanks in advance for any advice /g/!
>>
>>53586945
>poor
>upgrade
Pick one.
Get a cheap used thinkpad til you're not a broke ass nigga
>>
>>53586850
mobos really don't matter that much, they aren't really tiered or anything like processors, just find one that fits the parts around it and has the features you want, paying more often just means paying for features you aren't going to use or don't need.
>>
>>53582686
I think it's a security feature to avoid bruteforce guessing login / DOS.
>>
>>53586945
>-Is the 6600 fine or is the 6600k worth it?
K variant only worth it if you overclock, they are identical if you don't.
Sounds like you have no reason to overclock, save your money.

>-Is the stock cooler on a 6600 okay?
Absolutely

Since you seem to want a 144Hz monitor be sure to buy a very strong GPU if you plan to play modern games on it, though any reasonable older GPU can handle the ones you listed just fine.
>>
How viable would it be to make my own thermal compound by melting copper coins? doesn't copper conduct heat well?
>>
>>53586850
socket > chipset > rest like size/connectors/additional features
socket defines which CPU fits in
chipset defines what features you can use, like overclocking or how many native usb ports you have.
wikipedia usually has a nice list on each socket page, example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1151#Skylake_chipsets

so basically figure out what socket you need and what chipset you want and pick the rest based on features the different motherboards have
>>
File: 1455131586231.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1678) Image search: [Google]
1455131586231.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1678
how do i save a webpage? you're smart /g/

i usually just screenshot everything but is it possible to just save the whole webpage so i can open it as a file in a browser? how do
>>
>>53586964
>Get a cheap used thinkpad til you're not a broke ass nigga
I have a shitty laptop, the issue isn't that I need a computer, the issue is my system that I use for vidya is dying and I want to upgrade. I have money in the bank I would just prefer to save as much as possible as I am currently attending college.
>>
>>53587010
file -> save as or ctrl-s.

like in any other program.
>>
>>53587010
In firefox:
CTRL + S
>>
>>53587021
cheers
>>53587020
firefox doesn't seem to have a file -> save as menu but ctrl s works
>>
>>53587031
right click next to your tabs and click menu bar on the drop-down and you will have a file option
>>
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 172x188) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 172x188
>>53587031
press alt once and you have the menu.
alternatively you can open the hamburger menu, there's an option for it as well.
>>
File: gold dress.jpg (619 KB, 1600x2324) Image search: [Google]
gold dress.jpg
619 KB, 1600x2324
>>53587034
>>53587038
thx senpai
>>
>>53582318
1. Don't buy an HP

Go to newegg and look for well rated dell and Asus laptops.

Just buy a Mac.
>>
What is an "AES Engine"?

I've heard the term thrown around a lot. For example, "Emulating the iPhone's AES Engine."

Just a stab in the dark but is it some hardware in a device that is used for AES purposes?

This is the pinnacle of sqt.
>>
why does my router show ethernet activity even when my PC is turned off?
>>
File: 1453687732722.gif (2 MB, 245x311) Image search: [Google]
1453687732722.gif
2 MB, 245x311
>>53587058
She's literally perfect :3
>>
>>53582527
I have an Acer ES-711 P1UV

There are different models in the ES-711 line and mine is actually not one of the popular one's. I got it for around $260 from groupon.

I can play Team Fortress 2 on it and typing of the dead on it just fine, perhaps you would consider that 'light gaming' idk. And it has a 17" screen which is awesome.
>>
>>53587082
Most PCs aren't really off, the network is still activated and can still drain lot of energy. It allows for Wake On Lan.
>>
>>53587082
>>53587140

I noticed the ethernet light on my router stays on even when I've unplugged my PSU
>>
>>53587085
she has no ass
>>
>>53587181
well, that's weird.
>>
>>53587082
Post logs
>>
Paranoid af about selling my old printer
Any chance that it has an internal memory of my printing history? It was sub 100 Euros so nothing fancy.
>>
I'm using Win 8.1 right now, should I switch to win 10? I already used it, but it was horribly unstable, even after a clean install. I had a lot of trouble with drivers and software that crashed regularly
>>
>>53587321
7 or 8.1. 10 is shit and is getting worse with the removal of more and more Win32 programs and the universal indian crap replacement
>>
970, 980, or 980ti?

I'll be pairing it with z97p motherboard, i7 4790k processor and a corsair 650w modular power supply, which I'll put in a fracal define r5 case.

Aside from overall performance, my main concern is noise. I need to be able to get a restful sleep 3 ft away from this thing (because I never turn the fucking thing off).

Are any of these cards prone to making a racket idling, or under heavy load?

Also, is the r5 worth paying the extra for, over the silencio 452. The latter I had for my last build, before it kicked the bucket, and it did it's job of keeping things quiet reasonably well.
>>
>>53587319
nah, you're safe.
For peace of mind, do a firmware update, that will wipe everything.
>>
>>53587386
R9 390 > GTX 970
R9 390x > GTX 980
R9 Fury X > GTX 980Ti

Get an AMD card.
>>
980ti > 780ti > 980 > 970

Noise depends on the cooler
>>
Why does Mega ask permission to permantently save a large amount of data on my device?
>>
>>53587386
Dont get a 970 or 390.
>>
>>53587399
thanks senpai
>>
what is the best email service? i only know about gmail, yahoo mail, and outlook
>>
will 1600MHz DDR3 RAM work on a laptop that says it supports max 1066MHz DDR3? it's an old i5-520M / QM57 chipset. I don't need the RAM to run at 1600MHz, just that 1600MHz RAM is cheaper and easier to get than 1066MHz.
>>
What's a good laptop I can buy my mom? She's used windows 8.1 but she never got her laptop cleaned so hers is running at 160C right now and the fans spin at 100% all the time.
>>
>>53587481
Yes, it will simply run at the slower frequency. No problem.
>>
>>53587374
Actually I do Plan to keep 8.1, but I've read a few praising 10's speed, so I thought about switching. I just don't wanna miss out on something important while using 8.1
>>
Do I really have to drop $70-100 for a 80 bronze corsair/thermaltake 750w psu or is a generic 650w psu for like $35 just fine? What's so bad about these generic psus that they're not recommended? Overheating under prolonged load? What if I have good ventilation and connect the PSU to a UPS to avoid electrical fluctuations from the power outlet? I already have a 720W psu and the prices are ridiculous so I'm not going to buy a $100-120 800W+ UPS + a $75-90 650-750W 80+ PSU.
>>
>>53587513
*I already have a 720W UPS
>>
>>53586945
6600/k isn't worth the extra $50. An overclocked 6500 performs better than a 6600/k on stock speeds. Tbh you're better off getting an A10-8xxx series AMD cpu for like half the price. The APU is also good enough to play most new games on medium/normal settings at 30fps. Normie games like cago and dota2 are very much easy to play on ultra.
>>
Hello /g/, does anyone have any advice for what to do with old hardware? I wanted to get at some old data and I fired up my old prebuilt and hooked up the hard drives and the floppy drives. I know that people turn their systems into media PCs or file servers, but the hardware I got is a 500 Mhz Mendocino Celeron sitting on Socket 370 motherboard. PATA cables and 20 pin motherboard connectors all around. I don't really want to get rid of it because it was my first computer, but I just don't see any actual use for it.

How old is too old /g/?
>>
>>53587492
thanks anon
>>
>>53587493
>10's speed
If anything 8.1 seems faster throughout UI. In game performance is the same though
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 457x386) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 457x386
so, my usb ports just stopped working.
What might be the cause?
>>
File: 1457200713743.png (319 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1457200713743.png
319 KB, 704x528
I'm trying to get a VirtualBox running on a Windows 10 host machine. The virtual machine runs Linux Mint 17.3

I'm having problems with my mouse scrolling while inside the VM. It seems to only work sometimes, which makes me have to scroll more than I need to just to go down a page. I've also noticed the middle mouse button click doesn't provide me with the scrolling arrow I usually get in Windows. However, the common feature of pasting with the middle click does work, so I know the button itself is recognized.

I googled around and saw something about changing the pointing device to PS/2 Mouse and disabling Mouse Integration for the VM - however, disabling Mouse Integration gives me a perfectly working but invisible mouse in the VM.

What can I do to make my mouse behave the way I want it to while still being visible in the VM?
>>
>>53587493
If you're concerned about minimal performance gains get an ssd and see massive improvement if you haven't already. Very serious privacy issues aee not worth it imo.
>>
>>53587608
They probably died. I'd try updating the drivers from your motherboard's manufacturer website and see if that works. If not, just get a pci usb hub and thread on.
>>
>>53587532
Do you want a psu or a ups?
You used then interchangably
>>
>>53587591
yes
>>
Can anybody think of a reason why something in my PC starts making a higher pitch at a certain screen brightness? It happens at around 70-80% screen brightness but anything lower or higher and it goes back to the normal whirring
>>
>>53587608
What's your motherboard? Not MSI by any chance?
>>
What's a good portable music player under $50?
>>
i got an old windows installation on a different hdd than my current system, how do i delete it? just format the whole thing? i read you have to change something in the boot.ini?
>>
File: 1415875483024.jpg (29 KB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
1415875483024.jpg
29 KB, 350x264
how do i install gentoo
>>
>>53585141
ASUS has shady warranty, but its a good deal.
>>
File: jazz.jpb.jpg (76 KB, 680x621) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpb.jpg
76 KB, 680x621
>install dd-wrt on dir-615 and wrt54g v5
>just werks
>speed tops out at 20 mbit, but that's mostly due to wireless g
>try to get this dir-655 to play nice
>at one point get wireless to go to nearly full speed @ 80mbit
>now it doesn't want to go above 20
goddamnit why did they have to use some obscure cpu when they made it that prevents anyone from putting good firmware on it?
this shit makes me want to cut my wrists
>>
>>53587483
What does she do?
Just basic stuff?

Get her a 2-1 tablet.
>>
>>53587721
Just to be sure, open up the computer and disconnect the HHD
If the computer still works after that just format it, if it doesn't you might want to look into it
>>
>>53587724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjGSMUep6_4
>>
>>53587773
Microsoft Word
Email
Flash Games
Facebook videos
>>
>>53587321
No, lots of compatibility problems that somehow are getting worse instead getting fixed.
Also privacy problems.
>>
>>53587637
Well I'm planning to upgrade/get a new build and I have a 720W UPS (external battery basically) that can support the PSU if the electricity goes out or there's some instability in the electric supply.

My question is: I'll be getting a motherboard that recommends at least a 600W psu. To power the psu I'd need a ups that can deliver the same power, which I have. But I'm wondering if it's worth getting a 750W 80+ bronze corsair/thermaltake psu instead of a 600W no-name brand. If I do go with a 750w psu, I'd also need to upgrade the ups, which are hella expensive (e.g. $120-150).

What exactly are the advantages of a 80+ bronze certification over generic brands that don't have it? And is it worth the 2x price compared to a generic psu having the same wattage?
>>
I remember there being an 'unfuck Windows 10' utility around out there, but I forgot the name of it. All I can remember was that the site had some falling snow effect in the background. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>53587483
Get her a used Thinkpad in good condition (T420 for example), and install Linux Mint on it. She'll be set for life, and for cheap
>>
>>53587724
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Gentoo#Instructions_for_installing_Gentoo
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
>>
>>53587773
>>53587793
Also her current screen is 14.5 x 8.5 inches so going too much smaller than that will be a problem
>>
>>53587793
Yeah basic stuff.

Any laptop with a quad celeron or atom will do.
2-1 tablets have insane battery life so she will like it also the detachable screen gimmick.

Check dell inspirion 3000.
>>
>>53587757
>lan and wan IP can't be on the same subnet
this piece of shit software is infuriating
>>
File: 1433698561225.png (61 KB, 939x404) Image search: [Google]
1433698561225.png
61 KB, 939x404
>>53587800
If you want to order a new psu the day you install it , get the 600W.

I would say a 750W to allow more room.

Which company did you get your ups?
APC will give you a discount if you return it to them and order from them again.
Check out your ups' faq

Rating is how well they due under certain loads
>>
>>53587804
never mind, found it http://dws.wzor.net/
>>
File: nicu.gif (116 KB, 277x400) Image search: [Google]
nicu.gif
116 KB, 277x400
>>53587588
>30fps
>even a top line amd apu/cpu could put out even close to enough frames in tf2 to make use of a 144hz monitor

As much as it is an old game tf2 is actually super awfully optimized and even top end AMD cpus can barely keep it over 60fps
>>
>>53587778
why wouldnd it still work? they are seperate hdds.
>>
>>53587872
>Disable Windows Defender
But why would you want to do that. Are you seriously going to install a third party antivirus?

Just go with Spybot Anti-Beacon
>>
>>53587918
>tf2 installs to 20gb
>back when I started it was around 7gb
>>
What do you guys suggest for file tagging images/documents ?
I'd like to be able to search by tag instead of file/folder structure?
>>
>>53587947
fucking hats man
>>
File: laptop.png (61 KB, 1304x663) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
61 KB, 1304x663
>>53587833
Is there anything a little faster than that?
>>
>>53587941
Windows defender is just bloat anon.
>>
>>53587478
Cock.li
>>
>>53587757
>>53587856
>keep getting dns issues on wireless
>wired network has no dns issues, everything just werks
>cant afford a nice ap that just works
>>
>>53587928
If it still works it means you don't have to mess with boot.ini or anything else, potentially fucking something up.
If you are absolutely sure about this just format it.
>>
>>53587483
used Thinkpad
>>
>>53587986
Yes, the ones in $300 range, not the ones in the $130 range like in that pic.

HP Spectre x360 13t
>>
>>53587998
It's proven an effective pairing to Common Sense 2016 for me.

Do you just go at it naked with Common Sense only or do you use third party software?
>>
>>53588026
Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Ublock origin and maybe uMatrix and JRT is all you need anon.
>>
>>53588019
Struggling to find the 300 dollar ones since dell's website is full of horrible flash lagging me around the page.
>>
>>53588064
Look them on amazon or newegg, not dell website.
>>
File: color_lines.jpg (189 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
color_lines.jpg
189 KB, 1280x960
I just hit my laptop by mistake and I got some weird vertical lines like in pic related. Any way to fix it? I tried restarting it, but it's the same
>>
>>53588129
congrats you broke the lcd
>>
>>53588129
Panel is probably kill.

If you have luck the ribbon cable deatched.
>>
>>53588129
you broke the monitor panel, so it needs complete replacement.
>>
>>53588129
what did you do?

I promise I will laugh at you.
>>
>>53587871
I see. So it's basically the efficiency. I suppose no-name brands that don't have the proper 80+/bronze/etc certification dip into the 70% range under heavy load which would reduce power output to some 500W on a 700W psu. Not very safe I take it. Guess I'll wait a month and get a new 750WPSU and at least an 800W UPS. Electricity bills are going to be crazy baka. I'd also need to get a 10A generator instead of my current 5A. Actually, that's too much expense imo. I'll just get a 600W PSU and hope for the best. It's not like a basic build with a 6th gen intel cpu/ddr4 ram/ssd/a graphics card needs more than that anyway, even under load I think they'd take in some 400W-500 at most. Not like I have an SLI/CF setup. Thanks anon.
>>
>>53587601
yeah, i was just repeating what i read in a bunch of w10 reviews, so i was curious because 8.1 runs faster imo

>>53587625
i'm already using a ssd and my laptop is running okay for my needs, i was just wondering if i can have a little more speed speed by upgrading to w10. i'm afraid the little improvement coming with w10 is not worth the loss of privacy

and the UI looks fucking horrible, i'm happy i don't have to use this trashy looking shit
>>
>>53587918
If you think the integrated HD 530 graphics on the i5 are better than the AMD APU you're out of your mind.

If you're talking about tf2 being shit it's not really the hardware's fault here. Still would play fine.
>>
>>53587871
My UPS is actually APC. I'll look into that also, thanks again anon.
>>
>>53588019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834298302

Is this what you meant? I'm verifying before I jump the gun.
How come so many of these dell laptops have such bad reviews anyway?
>>
>>53588260
Get her this instead:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KFQASE/
>>
Is there a program I can use to quickly download youtube videos in mp3?
>>
File: tf-8.png (8 KB, 528x216) Image search: [Google]
tf-8.png
8 KB, 528x216
>>53588260
Coil whine is somewhat common.
>>
>>53588292
Is it better? The two things I'm worried about are fan noise/heat and speed. She gets irritated with waiting and noise distracts her concentration.
>>
>>53588321
Yes.

Its just a normal laptop unlike the 2-1 tablet but its better for the same price.
Noise is minimial meanwhile the HSF doesnt get covered by a dust layer but that is pretty much for all laptops.
>>
>>53588321
In that case get something with a 6th Intel CPU (e.g. i5/7-6xxxU) and an SSD. Low power, low heat, minimal noise if any for the most part.

Not the anon you responded to.
>>
>>53588343
Thanks, She wasn't sure about a touchscreen anyway.

>>53588358
Do you have any recommendations for anything less than 500 dollars or am I right around where I need to be with >>53588292
>>
>>53588293
youtube-dl
>>
I'd like to use git for file syncing across my devices, would there be a way to configure the following:

- Define some filters (e.g. >5MB, all any .7z file)
- If a filtered file is changed, the entire file is scp'd rather than patched to avoid slow diff
- No 'other backend' like git annex/git-fat, just normal git repository

Any ideas /g/?
>>
are old laptops (powerbook g4, core2) use less power than newer hardware?
>>
>>53588379
That laptop looks good for the price. I'd get an ssd if it has a second hard drive bay. 5400rpm hard disks get terribly slow after a while. They're not that fast to begin with and some lagging is going to be blamed on the laptop overall instead of the hard disk. Definitely get an ssd to go along with it. If it doesn't have a second bay then toss it out and replace it with an ssd. A 500GB samsung EVO 850 costs some $150. if it has a second bay a 250gb 850 goes for about $80.
>>
>>53588477
no
>>
>>53588437
git isn't made for that so I doubt you can do what you want, especially if you don't want any 3rd party plugins.
>>
>>53588492
Isn't laptop upgrading incredibly complicated? I barely trust myself to do it on my desktop
>>
>>53588507
Okay thanks

Anything you could recommend that is cross platform and simple? I'm using unison now but it crashes a lot
>>
which is better for multi user usage,
openvpn or softether
>>
>>53588534
rsync/robocopy
>>
>>53588525
Depends on the laptop, look on google videos about how open it.
>>
File: 1454880965614.jpg (505 KB, 2736x2052) Image search: [Google]
1454880965614.jpg
505 KB, 2736x2052
alright /g/.
what distro shall i install on my thinkpad?
>inb4 arch
im a total newfag at linux
so id like something for beginners
BUT
I'm not a retard either. so i don't want something too basic
watdo?
>>
>>53588566
Arch
>>
>>53588566
fedora
>>
>>53588566
What the fuck is wrong with you.

Debian.
>>
My puter won't turn on.

When I push the button, some of the fans have a crack at spinning up, then stop. No motherboard beeps or anything. Is this a motherboard issue, a PSU issue, or something else? What other tests can I do to find out?

Most of the hardware is 5+ years old so frankly I'm not surprised if something's died, but I'd still like to replace everything piece by piece if I can get away with it.
>>
File: 192.168.0.101.jpg (473 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
192.168.0.101.jpg
473 KB, 3264x1836
I was going to build myself a new PC but figured I'd rather get an expensive laptop (some Gigabyte or ROG laptop) instead since I'll be traveling often soon. But my old PC was getting a bit slow (10 year old 5400RPM 125GB IDE hard disk), and I thought I'd just get an SSD for the time being which I could plug into a new PC/laptop (even though it'd be bottlenecked at SATA II (since the current motherboard doesn't support SATA III)).

Anyway the power supply only had Molex power cables and I got a Molex-SATA adapter.

This was the result. Shit started to melt immediately and I unplugged it maybe 2-5 seconds after turning on the PC. I googled about it and it seems that when this happens either the HDD survives or the PCB melts (replaceable) and some just die. Now, the SSD had absolutely no burning smell and the connectors were fine. But I have no way to tell. My laptop needs an adapter for the SSD as well.

What would you do /g/? Is it fucked?

>>53588379
If you're going with an ssd be sure the laptop is compatible and doesn't require an adapter first. That's like an extra $10-20.
>>
>>53588525
It may be, depends on the part. Replacing HDD/SSD is very, very easy.

I'm sure you can handle it, and I know next to nothing about you.
>>
>>53588615
Unplug shit till it works.
>>
I often get emails from unmarried lovely ladies in Russian Fed. wanting to show me their fotos, but they usually have .cn country code. I didn't know if perhaps one of them was sick or had the roboaids. What do you think they meant by this?

http://pastebin.com/3q4QVEY3
>>
>>53588621
Replace the cable or PSU?

da fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>53588584
yea thanks /g/
>>53588591
i had thought about it
and i know its silly but i just don't want my distro to be named after an autistic hat.
>>53588592
sell it to me
what are the pros/cons
>>
>>53588630
This. If it doesn't work it's probably ram or the mobo kicked the bucket.
>>
How do I fix ReClock not showing up as an option for Audio Renderer?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.