[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>using a laptop as a desktop Why not just get a small desktop PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>using a laptop as a desktop

Why not just get a small desktop PC?
>>
so you can pop the laptop off the dock and take all your shit with you?

wtf kind of question is that?
>>
>>53581427
He could do that with a small desktop as well.
>>
>>53581441
Yeah but he's a casual. Besides, if he wants to shitpost while he's in the chopper, taking out the laptop is more comfy than a phone.
>>
>>53581427
/g/ doesn't go outside, they don't understand the concept
>>
>>53581441
...but then he can't use it again until he happens upon a monitor and wall outlet somewhere. The benefit of a laptop is that it can be used while in transit.

Besides that, there's nothing that a politician does (no, not even the POTUS) that calls for a 360-core xeon with eleventybillion petabytes of RAM. Truthfully he'd probably do just fine on one of /g/'s thinkpaddle t60's given that it passed security requirements.
>>
>using a Dell

Why no Thinkpad?
>>
>>53581441
>He could do that with a small desktop as well.
Where on the spectrum are you exactly?
>>
>>53581668
About 3.50
>>
>>53581694
>3.50 - severe autism, lacks common sense
>>
>>53581414

why nobody comments that he uses word and not latex. i thought all grownups and serious people used latex
>>
because I also need a laptop
>>
>>53581743
pffffhahahah
>>
>>53581743
I hate to tell you but that's a stale meme.
>>
>>53581661
because china
>>
>>53581661
Lenovos are shit and have been for years. Sorry, but Dells are where it's at for business.

posted from my T42
>>
>>53581441
>He could do that with a small desktop as well.
What are you proposing, some file sync thing? It's a lot easier to just take the whole machine with you. Dock it and you have a desktop; undock and you have a laptop that's already running the exact programs your desktop was running.

Also, docks are cheaper than desktops. If you're already going to have a laptop to use on the go, and you don't need more computing power than it provides as your desktop, the most sensible solution is a dock.
>>
>>53581661
>hey /g/ do I fit in yet????
I have literally 50 fucking ThinkPads and I hate this circlejerk so much, fuck off to Reddit already.
>>
>>53581414
>>53581441
Because portability offers his use case more than the ability to play shitty video games.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.