[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Installing ubuntu to avoid the windows botnet is like shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: enj.gif (779 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
enj.gif
779 KB, 500x385
Installing ubuntu to avoid the windows botnet is like shooting yourself with a .22 instead of a .44.
You are just choosing a lesser evil. Ubuntu has no distinction between free and non-free software and will happily bloat your computer with adware on a fresh install.

Discuss
>>
I said discuss
>>
while that may be the case, at least canonical seems to be somewhat transparent compared to microsoft. Either way if you're afraid of being tracked by gov/corporations you shouldn't even be connecting to the internet in the first place.
I use debian btw
>>
>>53579385
Install FreeBSD.
>>
>>53579385
Shit loli, OP. You could pick Midori but you didn't
>>
Ubuntu isn't terrible if you do a minimal install and build your system yourself.

Installing a ready-to-go Ubuntu is for casual Windows users though.
>>
>>53579385
yeah but if you shoot yourself with 44 youll most likely die

with 22 you live to endure the botnet
>>
Ubuntu MATE is good
>>
>>53579385
Try Depth OS, it has good reviews.
>>
>>53579385
you can remove the programs that trigger those with autism
>>
>>53579385
Enjou is cute :3
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.