[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate this based man /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: jobss.png (1 MB, 1313x737) Image search: [Google]
jobss.png
1 MB, 1313x737
Why do you hate this based man /g/?
>>
>>53578789
inb4 he didn't invent anything.

I mean, he didn't, but no real successful businessman really has.

Not an apple shill. I actually really dislike the company, but I don't give a shit about Jobs.
>>
>>53578789
because his life was devoted to the concept of form over function. Assume your users are idiots and give them a carefully designed little garden to play in, since they'll care more about pretty typefaces than anything else. I find that both insulting to me as a computer user and bad for the world in general.
>>
because brand-fetishism exists
>>
>>53578789
He's good with words and at shilling his stuff.
Else,
>he didn't invented anything.
>>
>>53578789
he was an arrogant autist
>>
Because he was a scumbag sociopath.

When Steve Jobs worked at Atari, the company was working on creating the arcade game Breakout, which required 80 Integrated Circuits (ICs). The less ICs there were, the cheaper the games would be to produce, so Nolan Bushnell (Atari's president) offered $100 for every IC that could be knocked out of the design. Jobs brought Woz the challenge, and over four days and nights at Atari they put together a design that only required 30 ICs. Bushnell gave Jobs his $5000 bonus, which Jobs "split" with Wozniak by telling him it was a $700 bonus, giving him "half," or $350. Woz was delighted, but years later found out the truth. And cried.
>>
>>53578829
>leads the teams that build Lisa and Macintosh, two of the most advanced and highly functional computers of the time
>leads the team that builds NeXTstep, arguably the most advanced and highly functional OS of its time
>leads the team that merges UNIX, Mac OS Classic, and NeXTstep into OS X
>leads the team that gives phones 100x more power then they ever had before
>uses that tech to revolutionize tablets
>normies have access to countless apps and services they never had before
>geeks have a bad ass UNIX OS with one of the most bad ass development environments
>"form over function"

You couldn't sound more ignorant.
>>
File: 1454858335461.png (329 KB, 711x610) Image search: [Google]
1454858335461.png
329 KB, 711x610
>>53578789
because of RMS
>>
>>53578789
Because he was a major piece of shit, even for a CEO?

He was good at his job at everything but fuck the guy.
>>
>>53579053

Yeah, I saw the movie too.
>>
>>53578789
i loved him. he did me a heck of a blowjob
>>
I prefer little old billy at least he was somewhat likebill when he destroyed other companys
>>
>>53578873
Aren't we all.
>>
>>53578789
>Remembering you are going to dies is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
Well, I DO have something to lose. If I make a bad decision, I can lose the affection of people I care about, I could lose the comfort I have ot I expect to have.
I am don't have "fear of failure", it's not the failure by itself that embarrasses me, it's the consequences.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.