[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried dual booting windows with manjaro and ran into many problems.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: snapshot1.png (166 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
snapshot1.png
166 KB, 1366x768
I tried dual booting windows with manjaro and ran into many problems. The first: mouse doesn't work. I mean I can move it and hover over things and it will show me info on them but I cannot click.

I had to use my keyboard to navigate to everything and now after 20 minutes trying to install it, it's stuck on 23% which is the unpackfs.

Anyone know if what to do? Should I just leave it? I installed it on my laptop and it took about 5 minutes. But I have now waited almost half an hour and it's stuck.

Help please /g/
>>
why bother with linux when you have windows? there's nothing you can do on linux that you can't do better on windows.

you fell for the linux meme bro
>>
>>/flt/
>>
try downloading the latest iso directly from manjaro and make another bootable usb with it, then try it again.
>>
File: 1458400141816.jpg (96 KB, 670x720) Image search: [Google]
1458400141816.jpg
96 KB, 670x720
>>53576701
What about being free, NSA-shill ?
>>
You could try using a normal mouse.
>>
Let me guess, you did the BIOS switching thing between legacy and UEFI, right?

If that's the case, turn off secure boot. If your computer won't let you, enable a supervisor password to get access then turn off secure boot.

If you didn't do the legacy bios thing,, then I can't help you.
>>
>>53576730
you fell for the bait bro
>>
>>53576744
I'll try that thanks
>>
Manjaro with KDE is so sexy, it's my favorite right now.
>>
You have to install Windows first or else you have to deal with UEFI nightmare. Windows is bullshit and has Linux go completely undetected.
>>
>>53576663
>The first: mouse doesn't work. I mean I can move it and hover over things and it will show me info on them but I cannot click.
What mouse are you using?

>it's stuck on 23% which is the unpackfs
I think most probably your iso is corrupted or i wasnt copied correctly to the installation media. Just to be sure download it again and check the MD5 sum if you didn't it the last time.

>Anyone know if what to do? Should I just leave it?
It's your first time using linux?. I use arch but i don't know manjaro well personally, have you already tried an ubuntu flavor? i recommend xubuntu and i also recommend to use that latest LTS installation media (14.04.4 i think). Not telling you to give up manjaro but this could help to discard a manjaro specific bug.

cheers
>>
>>53576730
the bait you're replying to is weak as fuck bro
>>
>>53576765
i prefer breeze but i also like the maia (manjaro' theme) theme a lot, liking plasma 5 so far.
>>
>>53576812
I've used many on my laptop including arch although never tried Linux on my main pc.

And my mouse is a rat 7 contagion edition
>>
>>53576892
>I've used many on my laptop including arch although never tried Linux on my main pc.
i see, would you mind posting some specs?

>And my mouse is a rat 7 contagion edition
is this one?:
http://www.cyborggaming.com/contagion/
a lot of "gaming" peripherials are not properly supported out of windows by the hardware manufacturers.

does this helps?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mad_Catz_Mouse#RAT7_or_RAT9_Partial_Fix
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=183251
>>
>>53576989
also:
https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/using-the-mad-catz-m-m-o-7-with-linux-mint-and-ubuntu/
>>
>>53576879
Maia is nice. XFCE Manjaro is pretty sexy - I was fucking with that a few days ago.
>>
>>53576989
Yep that's the mouse. However I have tried other mice and non work. I'm trying to reinstall it and see if the mouse problem fixes itself.
>>
OP here

I got it to work! I turned off secure boot and it's all good. Thanks for the help. Hopefully the mouse problem resolves itself.
>>
>>53577068
ok, check the integrity of your installation media and check if the problem occurs with an ubuntu 14.04.4 lts based distro if you can. good luck.
>>
>>53577097
Nice, enjoy manjaro!
>>
>>53577097
i'm this guy >>53577105. good to hear that. maybe it has something to do with your motherboard's efi implementation. Some manufacturers tends to do some funky non-standard things that requires specific quirks included in the window's driver. I hope this to not be the case.
>>
>>53576701
ur tryn to hrd m80
>>
that's a sexy looking desktop tbqh. icons and wallpaper and everything.
how do i get this on plain old ubuntu?
>>
>>53577097
OP I had problems with my mouse as well, it would drag to the bottom of the screen in manjaro but work in windows. If it is a USB mouse unplug all other USB periphreals and just plug in your mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>53577439
that is KDE5 which comes standard with manjaro. See if you can get KDE5 for ubuntu
>>
>>53577439
It's called maia:
https://github.com/manjaro/artwork-maia
https://github.com/manjaro?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=maia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0Za6w1Pgg
>>
>>53576701
NSA-kun pls go home
>>
>>53576663
>Using Manjaro instead of Debian Testing or Arch
You deserve this.
>>
>>53577637
Manjaro has come a long way anon, it's actually a solid distro now. And if you use the unstable repos, it basically turns into (almost) Arch.
>>
>Hi, I've used a Linux distro for five minutes so I thought it was time for me to make my own thread on /g/.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
Install Manjaro XFCE after you install a version of Windows, and yes, install the XFCE version, it's so much better then the KDE version.
>>
installed manjaro kde on virtualbox, it was too fucking buggy, dropped it quick
>>
>>53579554
what was buggy about it? I'm using it now but haven't done much with it. What programs were you using?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.