[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I debotnet windows 10 /g/ ? >inb4 install linux (
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot__40_.0.png (855 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__40_.0.png
855 KB, 1920x1080
How do I debotnet windows 10 /g/ ?

>inb4 install linux ( I already have)
>>
Only use the Win10 PC offline, download files with the GNU+Linux PC and transfer via USB drives
>>
>>53575272
I am running it in virtualbox and I have turned off / uninstalled everything that resembled botnet or bloat
>>
don't connect it to any network
>>
>>53575224
You have to block the botnet at the hardware level in your network
>>
>>53575224
You can't. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/17/microsoft_windows_10_upgrade_gwx_vs_humanity/
>>
>debotnet
>windows
Impossible
>>
dban
>>
>>53575224
Run it in a VM instead of pure hardware because they fuck with the UEFI,
Firewall all 6000-ish daily attempts to connect to MS-Servers.
Look up the registry-edits you can use to reduce botnet
>>
Use OOSU10 and UWT4
Go into Task Scheduler and disable anything that mentions Telemetry and data collection
Go into the Metro control panel and disable anything the first two apps missed
Use a firewall that isn't just a Windows Firewall frontend, ESET is a good one, block all services phoning home, even Windows Update if you're really paranoid and don't want any updates at all
Disable telemetry and biometric services, and any other services you don't want or need. You can also disable Windows Firewall but it will prevent Windows Update from working unless you manually start it, and will also break other random and retarded shit like installing fonts.

Or if you don't wanna bother then just don't use 10, even though it's still better than 7 and 8 once you do all this shit.
>>
Disable wlan drivers and don't connect to the internet.
>>
>>53575224
>debotnet windows 10
Get me a unicorn first
>>
Run it on a custom processor on an FPGA in a shoebox in a cave in Afghanistan.
>>
>>53576065
Uh, we're going to need a virgin to volunteer.
Said virgin has to be female and white.
No tattoos, has to be innocent, naive and pure.
Any takers?
>>
>>53575551
>don't connect to the internet
the universal de-botnet method
>>
>>53575539
>Or if you don't wanna bother then just don't use 10, even though it's still better than 7 and 8 once you do all this shit.

what will we do in 5 or 10 years when win7 is too out of date to be useful and only botnet OSes are available?
>>
>>53576828
haven't seen one in a 200 mile radius
>>
Install a better operating system like Windows 8.1 Tom.
>>
Uninstall Linux
>>
>>53575224
regedit the whole thing until it becomes corrupted and unusable

only then can you kill the botnet... but this only works for one machine... we have millions of windows machines out there in the wild..
>>
>>53575224
install gentoo
>>
Could it be possible for someone to develop a debotnet (as far as possible atleast) application that would be easy for anyone to use?
>>
>these replies

jesus christ /g/ is shit on weekends
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.