[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which language is not imperative? i.e. I want a language that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Sem título.png (18 KB, 575x258) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
18 KB, 575x258
Which language is not imperative? i.e. I want a language that create pathways so the computer can choose.
>>
You mean you want your compiler to do all your work for you?

Why are math majors so fucking delusional?
>>
Prolog. You can also read SICP on learning to make your own language
>>
Java, it's object-oriented. C# too.
>>
>>53574650
It sounds like PHP is right up your alley friend :)
>>
>>53574650
>I want a language that create pathways so the computer can choose.
You seem to be asking "Which language is nondeterministic?"

Almost all imperative languages are nondeterministic.
Grammars are nondeterministic.
>>
>>53575722
Wrong
https://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-28.html#%_sec_4.3
>>
>>53575778
That's backtracking nondeterminism, not choice nondeterminism. Both are commonly referred to as "nondeterminism" when the meaning is clear from context.

Choice nondeterminism lets you "create pathways so the computer can choose", to quote OP. This is the usual meaning when talking about concurrency.
>>
Try R, Erlang, Haskell or Lisp.
>>
>>53576850
None of those create pathways so the computer can choose.
>>
Try Assembly
>>
>>53574673
>go to /g/
>they think math is shit
>go to /sci/
>they think CS is shit

But who is the real shit? Maybe we are all shit
>>
>>53574650
>I want a language that create pathways so the computer can choose
Thanks to optimising compilers, that's pretty much every modern compiled language

You write out what you want to happen and the computer picks a better way of doing it at compile-time
>>
>>53574796
Those are imperative anon.
>>
>>53574650
>so the computer can choose.
Computers don't have free will.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.