[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POE IP security cams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IP_Camera-Diagram.jpg (28 KB, 620x227) Image search: [Google]
IP_Camera-Diagram.jpg
28 KB, 620x227
Tell me about power of ethernet security cams.
Because it seems to be too good to be true, one ethernet cable to power the cam and recieve data.

Its dirt cheap to put up camera's around your house that way, there must be a downside?
>>
I don't know of any negatives for PoE cameras. Maybe the ones that need more power for the IR LEDs you would need dedicated power??
>>
keep in mind that specifically says the switch is a POE switch, and not a regular switch
>>
>>53574063
are IR leds required for nightview?
>>
>>53574117
yeah, i was thinking of buying a POE dvr with switch build in anyway.
>>
Power signal is faster to die from distance than the data
>>
IP cameras are wonderful, way easier to pull one cat5e cable then coax with power

just makes the whole thing easier and simpler
>>
>>53574493
how big a distance are we talking before you lose too much power to turn on your ip camera?
Because i will have a 15 meter cable between box and camera.
>>
>>53574616
usually around 300 feet but thats with 18gauge wire
>>
>>53574616
You can try reverse injection using a standard data cable and re-injecting the power into a shorter cable
>>
>>53574670
then i wont have any problems.

i will be using a cat6 cable, should be more then enough.

>>53574719
i think i will just test the camera before i put the cable in the wall.

I still have time, the walls of my house havent been closed yet.
>>
>>53574119
No. But if you like to see something, then yes.
>>
>>53574766
make a loop of around 2ft where you plan on having the camera, it helps having that extra cable there for service

hikvision cameras are wonderful, fantastic vision at night. thats what i install for customers so far no complaints

but seriously leave extra lenght of cable at both ends, helps out a lot
>>
>>53574884
thx, i will do that, ethernet cables are cheap anyway.

>>53574863
so the leds are constantly giving of light at night?
>>
>>53575025
yes, once its dark those lights are on non stop untill they burn out
>>
>>53575165
well, i looked up, they are IR leds, so they can give of a red glow.
>>
>>53575180
its quite noticeable actually but that just means its on but no one will know if its recording

thats what i do when i dont have a hdd or dont want to use one when i have to set up a camera at a construction site

people see the glow and they walk away
>>
>>53575237
yeah, from the stuff i have been reading is that when you hide your cam thieves still break in.
But when your cam is easily spotted they just go on to a easier house.

Only the retarded ones still go for the only house with security cams in the entire street.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.