[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser do you guys use? your sticky recommends Firefox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What browser do you guys use?

your sticky recommends Firefox at the top but it seems bloated and horrible, it always locks up and becomes unresponsive when there's too much activity

I have very good PC parts though. I believe this is a problem with the browser and nothing to do with my PC.
>>
Palemoon is underrated

chrome-ium centbrowser is shit

epic browser is less shit

kmoeloen is good

sunbird is meh

lynx werks

op is a faggot
>>
safari
literally no bloat
too bad it doesnt support WebM
>>
>>53573139
Chrome is good and Firefox will probably be better in the next release, but /g/ is full of hipster faggots, so they will recommend IE and meme browsers.
>>
>posting redditfrog
>>
Also Opera works nicely even on a modest pc i used it at work and was running smoothly
>>
I've surrendered to the botnet (Chrome) after abandoning Firefox, Palemoon and Waterfox.
Chromium shat itself on every install and I can't get html5 and webm to work properly.
>>
>>53573139
qupzilla

surf
>>
Chrome until firefox gets their shit together, which is probably never.

Honestly, there is no good general use browser. They're either bloated botnets or unstable, unusable piles of shit.
>>
>>53573139
Google Chrome, because I don't feel like fucking around for hours to update an out-of-date Flash plugin, and on Linux I can actually get a modern version of Flash

>inb4 hurr durr you don't need flash
>>
MOST SHILLING POSTS AGREE:

CHROME AND A "MODERN" FLASH ARE THE WAYS TO GO

>no matter what

duh
>>
>>53573328
tried chromium, really did, for a month or two, had nice things like the pdfium/foxit / the new search all engines from the omnibox / showing the bookmark toolbar on empty page, some nice things but in the end hated it. locked down, cant change shit unless you're a programmer. basic stuff like disabling the download bar for which a flag existed and was removed (as were/are many others)
>>
>>53573441
Yeah but it works. What good is customizability if the browser overall is a slow piece of shit or is freezing / crashing?
>>
>>53573682
>slow piece of shit
Don't use 50 addons
>freezing / crashing
Update your 2006 Firefox then.
>>
>>53573374
I want to like qupzilla but CRASH CRASH CRASH SORRY CANT RENDER THIS SITE CORRECTLY CRASH
>>
File: 51EGzrmjgrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg (17 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
51EGzrmjgrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
17 KB, 280x280
>people unironically recommending browsers without ublock origin, umatrix or noscript
>>
>>53573994
How do people even use umatrix? I used NS for forever on Firefox but I'm in Chrome and umatrix seems to either block too much or not enough and I can't make it just fucking work no matter how much I fiddle with it. NS just fucking worked exactly how I wanted it.
>>
Chrome Beta. I use Google Services and the browser not only supports everything I need it to, but it's also very smooth and fast. Too bad that Google still can't get right the memory management and the battery optimization, for both Windows and mobile version.

On Loonix I use exclusively Firefox though.
>>
>>53574047
No reason not to use both. I allow everything from Umatrix by default and only blacklist stuff. The useragent spoofing is nice too. The UI takes time to get used to however
>>
Ice weasel
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.