[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are some people so embarrassed to wear large headphones in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: fideliox2port[1].jpg (389 KB, 900x477) Image search: [Google]
fideliox2port[1].jpg
389 KB, 900x477
Why are some people so embarrassed to wear large headphones in public?

I'm just like, "Yeah, these are awesome! I wear them everywhere. Problem?"
>>
I wore my Grados snowboarding and one guy was 'mirin
>>
because theyre bulky as fuck. Why don't you bring your desktop pc everywhere you go and power it with your own petrol generator faggot
>>
>>53568644
Because larger headphones are usually dedicated for less portable usage. Society sees it the same way as running around the city in pajamas.

Although don't worry anon, one day beats will release some huge-ass beats studio reaper maximum edition and no one will freak out over "home" headphones anymore.
>>
>>53568644

Because they look big as fuck.
>>
I'm not gunna carry those mofos around.
>>
File: typical-hd880-faggot.jpg (80 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
typical-hd880-faggot.jpg
80 KB, 480x640
>>53568644
Ok
>>
>>53568658

Nice.

>>53568664

Anon, pls. They're just headphones. They don't even require external power.

>>53568778
>Because larger headphones are usually dedicated for less portable usage.

My head goes with me everywhere I go, and they're on my head, so that's portable enough for me.

>Society sees it the same way as running around the city in pajamas.

Some people do that too.

>Although don't worry anon, one day beats will release some huge-ass beats studio reaper maximum edition and no one will freak out over "home" headphones anymore.

Probably.

>>53568943

Hell yeah. Problems?

>>53568944

k

>>53568990

Killer.
>>
>>53568644
fuck that's retarded

YEAH BRAH, PROBLEM? PROBLEM? I'M STUCK USING 2008'S MEMES, PROBLEM?

just wear earbuds and save the high quality listening for when you're not in public and you'll hear the difference
>>
>>53568943
For you
>>
Literally who cares.
>>
>>53568644
because it shows youre addicted to sensory stimulation and cant even go 2 seconds trying to enjoy life like a grownup
>>
>noise cancelling IEMs
>small, discrete
>great sound quality
>extremely portable
>no sound leakage
>very socially acceptable

Why choose anything else?
>>
>>53568644
By "in public" I believe you mean in cities, because on long bus/train/plane trips abroad nobody really gives a fuck.

Because large headphones are usually designed in order to isolate sound from your surroundings. With earbuds you can still generally sense the sounds around you; with big ones you're just making yourself voluntarily deaf and end up either looking inattentive or get hit by a truck.
>>
>caring what people think

Go with what sounds best regardless of looks
>>
Speak for yourself, I'm wearning my HE-500's everywhere I go, with my portable DAC amp which I clip by my belt

>tfw when my pono player is mistaken for erection
>tfw when my oakleys don't fit comfortable with my headphones
>>
>>53568644
Yes, yes. Wear them. By the way. Which route do you take to work, OP? I mean, I am a law abiding citizen and would never sneak up and rob and rape you while you are distracted with your sick beats. Bro.
>>
>>53568644
>I wear them everywhere.
Even while driving? Because if you do that, fuck you.
>>
>>53569018

I would say, "Problem?", but you clearly do have a problem.

>just wear earbuds and save the high quality listening for when you're not in public and you'll hear the difference

I'd rather save the high quality listening for all locations.

>>53569027

Oh snap.

>>53569033

Some people in this thread.

>>53569064

Living life like a grownup sounds awful and devoid of high quality audio from portable devices.

>>53569079

Because they sound better.

>>53569081

When I'm wearing mine, I can hear my surroundings almost as loudly as when I'm not because they're "open-back".

>>53569082

You are a very intelligent person.

>>53569095

That's taking it up a notch.
>>
>>53569140

I'm not falling for that one. I see past your tricks, Anon.

>>53569142

No, my car has speakers which I use instead.
>>
>>53568644
why are some assholes always prepared to ask the dumbest questions online?

I'm just like, "Yeah, these are awesome! I wear them everywhere. Problem?"
>>
>>53568644
They look goofy and unprofessional.

Really, the only people who wear Xbox huge headphones in public are fucking black people. Don't care how expensive they are.

They're unfashionable.
>>
>>53568990
autistic as fuck
>>53569004
autistic as fuck or bait
>>53568644
fuck off OP you massive faggot
>>
I wear the see through clear plastic model shure 424 in ears

It probably looks like I have a hearing aid
>>
It just seems weird to me when people use professional tier studio headphones meant for serious music production as a replacement for fucking headphones.

Audiophiles are strange people.
>>
>>53568990
>in a subway
what a retard
>>
>>53569906
I have bronze 535s and usually just use my hood to cover them because, yeah, they look like hearing aids.
>>
>>53569947

>using headphones for serious music production

i dont think so tim
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.