[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>53563380 >Okay, so I accept Linux viruses must be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>>53563380
>Okay, so I accept Linux viruses must be ultra-rare, but are you telling me there are ZERO linux viruses?
>The real truth is that there are, but only if you let the program take root position. They are pretty fuckin' rare, and the viruses that Linux has can't even compare to Windows.
>Expect that to change as more and more Red Hat software infects the Linux desktop.
>If we ever get a widespread Linux infection, I am willing to bet money it's going to be through systemd, kdbus, PulseAudio or some other crap that Red Hat is trying to push.
>>
google it

there have been multiple on linux and numerous on android
>>
>>53568187
Right now the easier way of infecting someone is by making them copy/paste some code in the dark terminal that they are willingful to run with sudo.

http://thejh.net/misc/website-terminal-copy-paste
>>
>>53568228
How are websites able to put weird fucking text into your clipboard buffer?
>>
>>53568279
JavaScript.
>>
I think you're wrong. I hit F12, and disabled Javascript and it still works.
>>
>>53568228
Why even need sudo, when you can just rm -rf ~ fine?
>>
>>53568332
Look at the HTML code
>>
>>53568307
You're retarded. It's just CSS.
>>
File: zsh.png (20 KB, 1329x1062) Image search: [Google]
zsh.png
20 KB, 1329x1062
>>53568228
zsh to the rescue
>>
>>53568389
nice font rendering faggot
>>
>>53568228
>thejh.net
tfw I know this guy in real life

small world
>>
>>53568385
Really? Well then.

>retarded
Someone certainly woke up on the wrong side today. Chin up, Anon.
>>
>>53568400
Did you also suck his dick?
>>
Simple work-around that doesn't sacrifice much in the way of usability:

Instead of shift+insert into the terminal, just press ^X^E to enter vim, type "*p to paste the contents, and use :x to confirm if you're satisfied.
>>
>>53568448
Unfortunately most people don't have vim with +clipboard, which is required to [p]ut from either of clipboard and primary selection.
>>
>>53568505
Really? Who the fuck packages vim with no clipboard support?

Also, to any zsh friends: This is how I set it up on my end now, so just ^Ep is enough to paste into a new vim instance:

.zshrc
autoload edit-command-line
zle -N edit-command-line
bindkey '^E' edit-command-line

.vimrc
au BufNewFile,BufRead /tmp/zsh* setf zsh

.vim/after/ftplugin/zsh.vim
setlocal clipboard=unnamed
>>
>>53568187
That's a question we cannot answer today.

We don't know today what it takes to make GNU/Linux attractive to normalfags to the point where they actually start using it en masse on the desktop.

It could even be something as broken as android because let's be honest MUH APPS is the most important reason for normies to consider linux a no-go zone.
>>
>>53568567
>We don't know today what it takes to make GNU/Linux attractive to normalfags to the point where they actually start using it en masse on the desktop
We're already at that point. Distros like Ubuntu make their out-of-the-box experience faster, easier, more comfortable, more integrated and more stable than Windows 10.
>>
>>53568553
Most distributions' packagers. It sort of makes sense since you wouldn't want it on a headless machine but the side effect of not having it on regular machines is unfortunate to say the least.

The easy workaround (except for those who can't stand the "bloat" of there being an unused graphical vim on their system) is to install vim-X11 and alias vim to vimx, or whatever the relevant package is called in the given distribution.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.