[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will pay $400 plus shipping to the anon that can create the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1457338151143.jpg (222 KB, 1190x762) Image search: [Google]
1457338151143.jpg
222 KB, 1190x762
I will pay $400 plus shipping to the anon that can create the following:

-A device (plugged into an outlet) that constantly monitors sound output in decibels.

-A programmed module, using a series of If/Then statements, so that when a certain level of decibels is exceeded, it will send a signal to activate "Device B" for a duration of 5 seconds.

-"Device B" is any kind of contraption, doesn't matter, but it has to be able to cause a semi violent vibration, enough to shake a kitchen table to where cups and plates eventually "shake off" if that gives you any idea. Has to also of course be electrically powered

-An internal clock that follows the date/time (with or without daylight savings), and causes the whole device to be active from 9pm to 9am.

-A battery powered wireless switch/receiver built in, that allows the device to be switched to: 1)active/inactive 2)on/off 3)vibrating/non-vibrating

-Needs to be programmable.

Do not ask me why I need it.
>>
K
>>
Sounds like a task for an arduino and a couple sensors.
You could cook that up in a couple days (starting from zero knowledge at all) and, say, $40-50 assuming you don't go chinese with the parts.
>>
>>53566482
would you mind posting a list of parts I could buy? I am trying to figure out how to engineer this thing.
>>
>>53566688
Get an arduino and a sensor pack.
But first, read some arduino learning tutorials (the ones meant to go with the starter kits)
You'll see that it excels at tasks like reacting to signals and putting out other signals.
For example, you'd have a sound sensor, that when its level gets above X amount of input, the arduino will send a signal to a relay where it activates a powerful vibration motor attached to your table. It'd have to be all wired up though.
Arduino has input pins and output pins. It monitors the input pins and you can program it to put signals out on the output pins.
>>
>>53566786
Thats great!

What would you suggest for a vibration mechanism? I think the voltage of that device might need to be high, maybe too high for output pins, does it have any sort of adapters for that?
>>
>>53566416
>Do not ask me why I need it
Fuck you
You're either trying to haunt someone or you have loud neighbors and you want to automatically make noise when they are loud. Which is it?
>>
>>53567426
Lets just say haunt since I dont want the stimulus to be a giveaway.

What would be a good vibrating mechanism?
>>
>>53567493
Hitachi magic wand switched by a relay
>>
>>53567605
Need more power than that, maybe 10 times more.
>>
>>53567493
Pneumatic hammer
>>
>>53567696
Weight imbalance on a wheelchair motor or something, or fan motor. Switch it with a relay.
>>
>>53566416
We already know why you need it, you passive aggressive piece of shit.
>>
>>53566416
How can I contact you, OP?
>>
>>53566786
you're telling a guy to basically go grow an EE background and skillset, and then play with things he doesn't understand.

tl;dr leave it to the people who know what they're doing. You might get away with a basic arduino package, but here's the thing, creating violent mechanical motion generally requires more power than your basic µC can even be next to.
>>
>>53570060
just use an hbridge driver to power the motor
>>
>>53570060
your tl;dr is supposed to be shorter than your main body of text.

tl;dr lrn2tl;dr
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KnHYKVIbDcs
>>
Are you making another clock Muhammed?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.