[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
970 bricked my computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just installed evga 970sc a few days ago. Updated everything, ran fine for a few days. Tonight, booting up Elite Dangerous when I get a blackscreen. Computer completely unresponsive. Windows startup repair did not work. New screen pops up, saying ocerclock failed. New screen resembles graphics card configuration menu, but resolution messed up and only revealed itself as I dragged mouse across it. 970 fans also unresponsive after initial motherboard splash screen. Currently in Windows memory diagnostics tool.

Would really appreciate any advice.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>53565170
this
>>
>>53565170
>>53565199
Working on it. Still need to know what's wrong so I can add it to the suicide note.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>53565141
Lurk more and use google
>>
>>53565141
IIRC that card has the fans that don't spin up until it's at 60 degrees or something. Your PSU's probably fucked.
>>
Next time try to not turn all your cables in your computer into Twizzlers like some dumb nigger
>>
>>53565141
Eeh, make sure the power is connected to your card properly and that cables are intact. Honestly it kind of sounds like a PSU issue to me.
>>
>>53565141
Probably your PSU you little fagmo

600W, really? You can do better
>>
>>53565793
I used a 970 with a 500W 80+ PSU and it was fine, so the wattage shouldn't be the problem here
>>
>>53565755
>Next time try to not turn all your cables in your computer into Twizzlers like some dumb nigger

Fucking kek

Op i'll bet money that your PSU killed your componets. Serves you right for picking such a subpar psu for a expensive build
>>
>>53565925
Its not the wattage like that other retarded anon said. It's the brand. Corsair PSUs are known for derping out
>>
PSU probably isn't the problem.
Ignore the memers.

RMA the card and hope that your old GPU still works.
>>
I have that PSU with a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970.

I see you got the EVGA sc instead, though luck pal.
>>
>>53565141
Alright you dumb faggot, lets do this.

Your PC isnt bricked.

>New screen pops up, saying ocerclock failed. New screen resembles graphics card configuration menu

What the fuck do you mean by new screen? The BIOS or Windows? Does it boot into windows? That message sounds like its coming from the BIOS.

Start up repair was likely an option when you forced off your computer right after the black screen?

The EVGA 970 cards fans turn off below a certain temp. Its fine.

>That cable managment
>>
Whelp. Diagnostic aborted due to graphics card heating up and taking too long, like a week too long. Gonna take each component and run them in a backup computer just to see exactly which one is most fucked. Wish me luck /g. Or aids. Whichever you prefer.
>>
>>53566277

See >>>53566246
>>
>>53566246
Start up repair did nothing. It just ended up dumping me at a corrupted 970 bios screen.
>>
Update: It was the 970 afterall. Put it in my friend's testbench and it did the same fucking thing. Goddamnit.
>>
File: 1457723882071.jpg (103 KB, 675x730) Image search: [Google]
1457723882071.jpg
103 KB, 675x730
Just buy pascal.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>53567059
FUCK. FUCK.

There's no fucking hope. Also, anyone know wtf this all is?
>>
>>53567132
RMA your fucking card already, it has a fucking warranty for a reason
>>
>>53567139
It's midnight, and this is my harddrive when we plugged it into another computer.
>>
>cx series PSU
Ya dun goof'd
t. mine died in under 6 months of use
>>
>>53565141
get amd next time, cuck.
>>
>>53565141
The problem is that you bought the worst 970.
Why would you get the evga 970?
Buy the msi one anon.
>>
>>53567132
That's just chkdsk, let it run, looks like you might have some drive corruption.
>>
Hahahaha dumb ameriburgers with their shitty corsair psu. Like there is nothing better on murican market.
>>
>that cable management
>all that dust/smoke dust
This is disgusting.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.