[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I share a wifi connection with my landlord and they have the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1457389504152.jpg (78 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1457389504152.jpg
78 KB, 764x764
I share a wifi connection with my landlord and they have the modem and get the bill, if I use a vpn will my search and download history not show up on their Internet bill?
>>
I like my sister.
>>
>history on internet bill
What???
>>
>>53563244
Why on earth do you use a VPN when you have no idea how it works?
>>
>>53563244
go ahead and use a VPN, might as well if you have no idea what is does right
>>
You should use minimally six proxies, but I'd use ten just to be safe
>>
>>53563244
If the VPN service you use encrypts the data then nothing will show up but garbled rubbish.
>>
>>53563386
I'm using frootvpn
>>
>>53563407
It is encrypted so you're safe
>>
Correct, it will be obscured from both of them.

But the NSA can still see it if they want to, using any of these;
>breaking the encryption, or
>OS backdoor to basically have a live feed of your screen, or, easiest of all
>'kindly request' the logs on your data from the VPN. and any VPN that truly doesn't keep logs (a lot of them lie), would then be made to start logging just on you.

So if you just don't want your landlord to see that you like jerking off to hentai and femdom, or that you like conspiracy theories, yeah, a VPN is good enough. But if you want to do something illegal, or even view illegal dodgy shit, don't even bother.

If you're a drug dealer, a pedo or a terrorist, you will be caught and your life will be over. Best to change your ways now and give up all that shit. Today is a new day, friend!
>>
>>53563275
same here
>>
>>53563439
No none of that shit. Just want to torrent and fap, thank you
>>
>search and download history
>show up on the bill

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>53563487
Some ISPs can provide their clients with a detailed list of webpages visited if they so desire. It's akin to providing a detailed list of phone calls made to and from your landline.
>>
>>53563550
samefag here, I'm aware that this is not the case on every country and that communications privacy laws do apply
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.