[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SQG ~ stupid questions general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1454761292912.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454761292912.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
fuck the format edition
>>
>>53561659
[html5] why won't my span get over the image I want text over my image.
I tried to use position:relative (parent) absolute(child) and display:inline-block but it's not working
>>
Just updated Firefox, restarted and now it freezes on launch. Already uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue. Thanks Mozilla.
Windows 7 64 bit, Firefox version 45.0.1 (I think).
Why does this happen, what do I do? Try downgrading to 44?
>>
>>53561779
Got an error report?

Sometimes firefox leaves behind backup files or old files from extensions - try to look for those after you've uninstalled.
Can you still install it and opt-out of updates? If so try that.
>>
File: 1491262731392.jpg (164 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1491262731392.jpg
164 KB, 1600x900
>>53561659
I recently bought a Sprint prepaid Moto E. Can I install a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod and still use the prepaid plan?
>>
>>53561817
Your (pre-paid) membership is tied to the card, not to the phone.
(wow that was a really stupid question)
>>
is it to early to buy a z170 mobo?

i'm on my first build and it seems to me that's too late for a 1150 but too early for 1151.
>>
>>53561842
You mean the sim? Yeah, I assume what I was asking was really stupid. I've never owned a smartphone before.
>>
>>53561805
That fixed it, had to delete the Mozilla folder in AppData. Thanks.
>>
>>53561922
That's quite interesting, how come you've never had one before?

>>53561934
My pleasure. I've had lots of experience with firefox corrupting my system
>>
In Linux, if a text entry appear twice in a text file. How do I remove one of them and keep the other?
>>
other than speed, what's the downside of running my linux in a VM inside windows?
the UI is a little clunky but it's usable. the benefits are amazing:
>no need to reboot to switch OS
>great security, completely isolated from my personal shit
>not afraid of messing things up because i can always go back to my snapshots
>OS side by side, dragging and dropping files, copying pasting shit
>never have to worry about windows update fucking up my GRUB or other shit
i don't think i'll ever go back to dual bot again
>>
>>53561997
Poorfag, also no friends or family to talk to.
>>
>>53562013
nvm figured it out

uniq file.txt
>>
>>53562062
that's sad anon. This isn't really the tread or board for it but, I used to be like that too. At some point I decided it was enough, packed a back and travelled around. Talked to everyone I met. Made lots of friends, it was quite the experience.

>>53562055
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of using Linux if you don't use it as your primary OS?
>>
File: ss (2016-03-18 at 07.19.44).png (3 KB, 221x47) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-18 at 07.19.44).png
3 KB, 221x47
On Chrome, I frequently right click a webpage and "save as .html" (mostly 4chan threads)

Starting yesterday, it doesn't work anymore.

Pic related, I tried to save a random 4chan thread. It downloaded 4 of the 19 bytes and stopped. This is what it's been doing, and no amount of time will eventually get it downloaded.

In my downloads tab, it says it is "0 B/s"

Anyone have any ideas? I've restarted my PC and Chrome multiple times.

I've also tried other websites- some work, some don't work.
>>
Why does my motherboard keep on losing my SSD?
>>
>>53562092
valid question, i use it mostly for dev tools. programming in windows is a pain in the ass. i also prefer bash and the command line tools to what's available in windows
>>
>>53561659
How do I go about upgrading OpenGL from 2.1 to 3.0 on Linux Mint? I have the latest version of Mesa but when I check, it says OpenGL is only at 2.1.
>>
This is something that used to happen on my family's shitty PC, and now it happens sometimes on my Android phone.

If I open a browser, it might be "a bad one" that connects and loads really slowly, usually not at all. But if I close and reopen it again, it will be a good one and function properly.

Why does this happen?
>>
Linux noob here. I've tried to use Debian Jessie with KDE and Gnome 3. My X server crashed on both when I apt-get upgrade or dist-upgrade but had no problem in Ubuntu and Mint when I do the same. I just want to stick with Debian but this problem makes me sad. What am I doing wrong anons?
>>
>>53562169
>iOS
I did not just say that...
>>
>>53562123

Might be a dud. It happens sometimes with drives. Have you used any other drives that your PC uses just fine?
>>
>>53562169
>Try clearing your cache and temp files.
I'll try this next, right now I'm going to try Firefox.

>Also, try it with other websites.
I did. Some websites download just fine, other do the same thing.
>>
>>53562169
it's pretty fast, like i said messing with the unity UI (ubuntu) there's a slight lag, but it's more than usable. and when i type i don't really feel any different. also i'm not doing any computationally expensive work.. don't really mind the slower build times. and i'm running this on a 4 year old laptop with win 10. so far i like it. the dual boot was really annoying, there was a lot of shit i had to deal with constantly, mainly because windows doesn't like to play nice with others and doesn't respect standards.
i assume you mean OSX? don't know much about that. but if you haven't worked in OSX before i strongly suggest you at least start with a VM and see where it goes. a great added value for beginners is that you don't have to worry about fucking things up. snapshots are amazing
>>
Just built a PC and can't seem to get any themes working using either uxstyle or universal theme patcher. They all revert to basic.
>>
>>53562249
>>53562169
>>53562114

Clearing cache and temp files doesn't work.

Chrome still refuses to download web pages.
>>
buying a personal domain under a username, what tld should I use?

.space
>memorable, rolls of the tongue
>thats what it is, its my space
>longer
>not a regular tld, could be weird

.xyz
>shorter
>annoying to type on qwerty
>not as memorable
>>
>>53561717
Would appreciate web-dev help on this. Posted code in fiddle:
https://jsfiddle.net/cat0wmgb/
(the respectable code that needs changing is the "option_container" and "body" class in the HTML source and CSS)
>>
>>53562224
It works most of the time, just sometimes it doesnt
>>
>>53562383
Depends on aim of usage. For what purpose?
>>
>>53561779
I just put the fox in his hole after a long relationship. He was getting old and slow. Perhaps it's time for you, too.
>>
>>53562303

Which version of windows?
>>
>>53562435
it's just a small personal site for hosting images and text. it'll link off-site for most things

something like http://ubuntufag.cf but with no javascript

so (using a fake name) the full url would be something like
lacinia.space
or
lacinia,xyz
>>
How do I host a mumble server without buying a domain or using my IP?
>>
Can someone help me fix an issue with my mic? Whenever I'm in a voice chat, everyone echoes off of me even though I'm using headphones and my mic can't fucking possibly hear my speakers.

I'm using Windows 7. I can't tell what audio driver I'm using; it's supposed to be realtek, but I can't find any realtek stuff anywhere on my .
>>
>>53562505
.space one sounds better imho.
>>
>>53562401
Not sure what you're trying to achieve, do you mean you want the text in the nav bar to hover over the images?
>>
>>53562748
I want the span in the "option_container" to be on top of the images (so that it can be a title of some sort and so I can style it nicely).

It's not a nav bar. There's also a menu there that fades in and out of the side (although it doesnt work in the fiddle, it works locally and online)
>>
>>53562748
So, did ya figure it out ?
>>
I have a shitty samba server at home that I use for storing my Thai stop motion, documents, and images.

It's an old Lenovo Thinkstation that the IT department at my school donated to me. The specs are not very good but it nice to have a place to back things up, but it's still kind of s shitty setup.

I have $300 left of my tax returns and I was hoping to use it to upgrade it. I'm just not sure what to upgrade, I have no problem with the speed or anything but I am running out of disk space so I'm wondering if would be worth it to spend the $300 on a new mobo and case for the server because the Thinkstation case only has one bay for a hard drive.

I never really purchase PC parts and I'm wondering whats a good budget mobo/case that I can use.
>>
Recommendations for a sub $100 dash cam?
>>
>Hard drive fails.
>Replace.
>Relink Dropbox.
>Dropbox stuck on "Starting..." for hours, no progress is made, and no Dropbox folder is created.

wat do?
>>
>>53563069
Polaroid cube is $99.99
>>
File: taskbar shit 8.1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
taskbar shit 8.1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>53561659
Having some issues with multi monitor taskbars in windows 8.1

when I move the taskbar to a screen other than my main display, windows act like the taskbar is still there even though it isn't, leaving a taskbar sized gap when I go fullscreen

is there any way to fix this? maybe a registry tweak or something?

I have classic shell installed but I doubt that is the issue here.
>>
>>53563148
Try to reload the explorer task maybe. I used to have that issue way back on XP, but I never found a way around it other than that and setting the primary monitor.
>>
>>53561659

Hello, I have a resolution issue with most graphics programs - whether it be vids, games, VNs, etc.

Issue is - I want to run it on fullscreen, but it is stretched/zoomed in so I can't see everything - I have an AMD GPU.

Apparently the solution to this was to change GPU Scaling to 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' in the AMD Crimson software.

My issue is: when I load up the game, I changes the GPU Scaling to 'Full Panel' which keeps it stretched again - it won't stick.

Can anyone help me with this?
>>
I just updated to the latest beta of Firefox and now my sync is broken and downloading nvidia drivers causes the browser to crash.

I uninstalled and went to release channel, but both these issues keep occurring i deleted and re added my account several times and nothing with sync anymore expect old settings from 5 days ago.
>>
>>53563289
delete ALL the firefox files when you uninstall. Something about that got mentioned before ITT. You may not be able to sync but you can probably download the drivers yourself.
>>
>>53563122
That's not a dash cam.
>>
>>53561659
>fuck the format
Fuck you too OP
>>
>>53563597
hey now be nice I've answered a lot of questions
>>
do turbotax or hnr block to web based tax returns? i dont want to install their crap on my pc
>>
>>53562055
Why can't you run windows in a vm inside Linux?
>>
File: 1454814090933.jpg (5 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
1454814090933.jpg
5 KB, 213x236
Where and how should I leak incriminating data on politicians? Tb size.
>>
recommended way to start learning programming for someone with 0 experience?
>>
>>53561659
Gentoo or Funtoo?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.