[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to build decent site to link to social media, portfolio,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: python-django.png (8 KB, 211x192) Image search: [Google]
python-django.png
8 KB, 211x192
Want to build decent site to link to social media, portfolio, etc., and eventually include blog.

Want to build in Django.
Which tutorials are available + not shit?
>>
>Django
It's 2016.
>>
Hello—

We’re happy to announce that our latest MBAM patch release, MBAM 2.2.1.1043, was released today.

You may download MBAM 2.2.1.1043 from this link.

We’ll be enabling automatic upgrades for current users beginning next week. If you’d like to upgrade before then, simply download the new version from the link above and install.

Here's the full list of What’s New in v. 2.2.1--

Improvements:

Context Menu scanning option is now enabled by default. Note if you had this option disabled previously and want to retain that setting, you must disable again manually this one time only. Future updates will retain the setting properly
Improved renewal experience for those who purchased in retail store so that the original license key is retained post-renewal instead of requiring that a new key be entered and activated
Improved End of Trial experience so it is clear that trial has expired and real-time protection is no longer available
Added additional license checks to ensure subscription details are updated as quickly as possible after a renewal is processed
Updated company and product logos with new logo
For Premium subscription licenses, removed Renew button from My Account screen to avoid confusion over license term

Issues Fixed:

Fixed security vulnerability to ensure database updates are downloaded over SSL connections only
Fixed crash that occurred if Dell Backup and Recovery software was installed on same system
Fixed issue where scheduled scan did not honor weekly recurrence properly
Fixed issue where license expiration notices were incorrectly displaying multiple times in rapid succession
Fixed issue where the Scheduler would continue to run in certain cases after a trial had expired
Fixed issue where the update progress bar on the Dashboard would appear to hang and would never complete

Please post any feedback you have in our main Help forum here.
>>
>>53558758
Okay, which framwork would you go with, which has a good tutorial like what I described?
>>
>>53558771
flask
>>
>>53558771
PHP
H
P
>>
>>53558789
pls fug off
>>
>Django
kek
>>
>>53558771
koa is what the cool kids are doing now
>>
>>53558733
using Django for something this light is borderline retarded
>>
Use Pelican, it's as simple as it gets.
>>
>>53558797
PHP is an excellent choice for this kind of thing. the sort of scenario that OP describes is what PHP was written for.
>>
just use https://about.me
>>
>>53558835
Most probably OP is a gay neet that isn't able to change anything in an HTM or PHP coded page.

>keks
>>
OP, here.

Lots of people seem to have opinions about which Framework I should be using, and that's fine.
But what I'm asking for is a good tutorial.
Preferably one that's comprehensive and professional which involves using test-driven development.

I'm also strongly of the opinion that not all learning materials are equal, or even close to it. So whether it's Flask, Pelican, or Koa doesn't really matter so much, as long as you link me to a page that can run you through the example with great clarity and not just seem like an autistic grease-monkey spewing out nonsensical jargon with his "I'm so smart because you can't understand me" machismo asshattery.

So, please, proceed with this in mind.

>>53558789
Also, PHP? Fuck you.
>>
>>53558857
>https://about.me

I'm interested in learning.
No thanks.
>>
>>53558930
what exactly are you trying to learn? front end development? server side? if you're just trying to set up a blog or some kind of static site then all of this is irrelevant, you need to learn practically nothing.
tell us what exactly you want to accomplish and hopefully we can offer specific things.
building a "site" can be anything from a 5 minute html page in notepad, to several months' worth of work
>>
>>53559011

Thanks.
I've actually played around a fair amount in Django (I've completed Harry Percival's book, for isntance, which is perfect) and know how it works, but the reason I'm requesting a tutorial is because I'm not really at the phase where I'm capable of designing so much as I am in simply playing around with existing design.

Static isn't what I'm looking for.
I could surely START with something static, just linking to twitter, facebook, and so on, but I'd at least want a good resource on django templates to not look like 1997.

I'm hoping to build a blog from scratch.
I'm also hoping to put scripts into pages I can add onto the site, such as ones which will analyze DNA files from 23andMe, ancestry, etc., but this would come later.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.