[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy a used thinkpad >bedbugs crawl out of it How fucked am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 20
File: help.jpg (109 KB, 1124x644) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
109 KB, 1124x644
>buy a used thinkpad
>bedbugs crawl out of it

How fucked am I?
>>
>>53557897
Go to the nigger who sold it to you and use it to smack him upside the face.
>>
>>53557897
>How fucked am I?
They have already taken your house, burn it.
>>
>>53557897
>falling for the thinkpad meme
>>
>>53557954
He's not even lying anon.
The second you see one it's already too late. They havealready pillaged the village and raped your kin.
>>
File: 1457919913990.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1457919913990.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>53557897
its over. go to the person you bought it from and fucking murder them. i wouldnt give my worst enemy bed bugs. they are impossible to get rid of.
>pic related
>>
return it.
>>
>>53557897
This happened to an Anon who bought a Macbook recently too. Fucking disgusting. Sadly,the money you saved buying used will have to be used de-lousing your home. Sleep tight dingus.
>>
File: 1458268355494.jpg (94 KB, 605x720) Image search: [Google]
1458268355494.jpg
94 KB, 605x720
Vacuum that shit right now. Do you have carpet on the way to your room? Vacuum. You're probably boned but at least go down with a fight. Also, report the dude that sold it to you to your CDC or w/e. He is a danger to society.
>>
Burn your house and kill the nigger who sold it to you.
>>
If you live in an apartment, tell your super that you saw a bed bug. You might get an extermination for free. Pretend to not know where it came from.

Otherwise get one for yourself ASAP. Bag the thinkpad and stick it in the freezer for a whole night. Then do the same with your clothes and blankets.
>>
>>53558058
>Vacuum that shit right now.
NO! Those fuckers will simply crawl back out of the vacuum. The only things that kill them are pesticide and and high heat.
>>
>>53558137
absolutely
the best idea would be to put your carpets on fire
>>
>>53558137
Well you obviously dispose of the bag after vacuuming
>>
>>53557897
Extremely fucked. Burn the Thinkpad or throw it in a dumpster another town over (smash it first so no one tries to get it out).

Buy some bed bug detection kits and use them in your house and pray you have not got an infestation.
>>
>>53557897
IT'S ALL OVER.
Option 1:
Report that fucking nigger to the CDC or the police, then call an exterminator.
Option 2 (if you have an apartment unit):
Tell your landlord/super that you saw bed bugs. He/she will probably provide you with an exterminator for free.
Option 3:
Burn your house/apartment down and MURDER the nigger who sold it to you.
>>
>>53558202
Not OP but have had to deal with them before when I was travelling working at a carnival. The entire bunkhouse had them. We had to fumagate, vacuum, spray, and it took a week before we stopped seeing them. Don't forget, their eggs are small enough to get between the filter so clean that too and make sure you cover the vents of the vacuum so they don't fly out of cracks. Feels bad man. Fuck those things.
>>
File: 1445573406314.jpg (106 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1445573406314.jpg
106 KB, 500x667
>>53557897
>killing bugs who litterally did nothing bad
Next time, just throw them out of the window or something, but please don't kill them.
>>
>>53558407
Fuck your nature I hope all bugs die forever
>>
>>53557897
RIP your mattress, furniture, and sanity. Toss that tp outside in a sealed bag and DE your room now. May god rest your poor soul
>>
>bedbugs

I will pray for you OP. I will pray for you. You have no idea the shit you unleashed.
>>
former pest control tech here.

A few things to consider...

>How long have you had the device in your home?
They are mostly active at night, but it's not unusual to see them about during the day.
>Where was the device stored in your home?
If bedroom assume your bed it's compromised along with all furniture. If couch don't use it, wrap it up and prepare to toss it. Also remove all electrical socket plates and get quality sticky strips to make a barrier around socket ( if they get into walls it's game over)
>Is pic related?
If so you are ultra fucked cause they recently fed meaning they are already breeding.

Bed bugs was my true nightmare. The chemicals we used didn't really help because most bedbugs now have strong resistances. And you can't realistically spray every single surface inside and out.

First time hearing of them inside an electronic, the place must of been crazy fucking infested for them to hide there. They are smart fuckers. But usually it's roaches that bee line for the electronics.
>>
Stop living in a shitty country with horrible hygiene.
>>
they will go snibeti snab on your ass at night, hope you'll enjoy it op
>>
>>53558325
>I was travelling working at a carnival.

This is actually more interesting than the thread...

Post meme arrow stories plz
>>
>>53558878
IF YOU WOULDN'T HAVE USED A """""USED""""" THINKPAD THEN MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM
>>
I got horrible mites from a used math book

don't think ill buy used anything every again
>>
>or as i like to call it
>GNU+Bedbug
>>
>>53559100
Kek. My fucking sides are in space.
>>
>>53559100
FUCK OFF THIS IS SERIOUS BUISNESS
>>
Run prime95 and furmark at the same time and roast them to death
>>
>>53559209
Snickered.
>>
>>53557997
Could be worse anon, at least its not pubic lice
>>
>>53559190
>guyz dis srs bsns guyz
I can't even
>>
Luckily I have not ever come across this scourge neither anyone I have ever spoken to. Is it a new world thing?
>>
>>53559378
BEDBUGS AREN'T A JOKE YOU SHITPOSTER
>>
>>53557897
>/g/ doesn't know how to properly deal with bedbugs
Put kidney bean leaves all over your room and watch those little fuckers impale themselves on the leaves. You can clear out even the worst of infestations within a week.
>>
>>53559422
bed bugs hurt like a bitch tho, just and you will get rid of them
>>
>>53559422
Oh my god, if you don't see the humor in this there is no hope for you.

>>53559519
No, you literally can't feel when they bite you.
>>
>>53558057
Thinkpad fags on full damage control.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160318-171725.png (718 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160318-171725.png
718 KB, 1440x2560
http://rbt.asia/g/image/T589FRhCpUmtda8F5-d3-g
>>
>>53557897
You're all retarded, anyone who's anyone knows that those are not bed bugs, but raw processors that the Thinkpad® uses to do hard computations that users who purchase Thinkpad® laptops are known to do. Worry not friend! Just let them do their job, they sometimes go outside of the Thinkpad® housing to cooldown, simply marvelous future engineering at work, as they cool themselves off with no need for giant, loud fans or bulky water coolers that are prone to leaks!

Thinkpad® laptops are the king in the laptop market!
>>
>>53559397
It's becoming a global thing. Bedbugs Will rule the fucking world one day until it all dies by fire.

They were almost extinct back in the day thanks to crazy shit like DDT. Now they are resistant to most shit and exacting their vengeance.

Food for thought...

DDT has a half life of up to 15years.

Modern chemicals used to treat bedbugs have a half life of 3days to a few weeks.
>>
Bra.. what a bleek thread.
I hope you've put that crappy lappy in a zip lock bag with some DDT. Those little niggers will get nam flash backs and jump ship. Also, that prime 95 and Furmark thing might work too.
I dunno. At this point you might as well cut your losses and move to another state.
>>
All trolling aside:

How do you avoid getting bedbugs? How common are they? Should I start opening up all tech I buy used?
>>
>>53557897
You're fucked pal.

Thank god I live in a deser with giant adders and ghost spiders, at least you can see them comming.
>>
>tfw bedbugs literally do nothing to me
madjelly?
>>
Jesus christ, this is why I never recommend people get things off craiglist or ebay.

There were likely eggs and first stage instar nymphs in that laptop, you're pretty dammed fucked.

Buy a spray bottle and a couple bottles of 91% iso. Seal the laptop in a plastic bag, douse it heavily with 91% iso before you seal it up. It shouldn't damage the electronics and will kill even eggs if left sealed in for at least 2 weeks (incubation period is 6-10 days).

Keep the 91% iso bottle handy for the bedbugs who may have escaped. Be sure to douse them with the alcohol as the fumes alone only piss them off.
>>
>>53559708
Are you a hobo, Anon-kun?
>>
>>53559681
>How do you avoid getting bedbugs?
Don't live in filth or near poor people and you should be ok
>>
>>53559722
This is good science. (You might want to do it far away from exposed flames and small children)
>>
>>53559681
Just wash your shit frequently, and you shouldn't get them.

OP, Put laptop into a ziplock bag, then get some borax and construction masks, and borax the fuck out of your living areas. Put all of your fabric things such as clothing, sheets, blankets, etc into the tub, fill the shit with water and borax, and use something to frequently stir it around, let it sit for about an hour and then wash them with bleach for whites and just add in some borax to a hot cycle for the dark clothes.
>>
>>53559727
nah but live in student apt, apparently had them for like 3 months without noticing

i duno cant complain
>>
>>53559537
>if you don't like my joke you need professional help
k
>>
>>53559743
From what I can read you could get them from pretty much anywhere where you come in contact with clothes or furniture.
>>
>>53559826
Right that's why you should avoid poor people altogether. If you have to go to a McDonald's or something just make sure not to rub against anyone and you should be fine.
>>
>>53559722
This, don't fucking waste your money on expensive sprays - some of them don't even kill bedbugs that well. Bedbugs will die from IPA poisoning no matter if they're resistant to pyros or some shit. Their mode of death is CNS failure or suffocation from IPA. You have to be sure to let them breathe in the liquid form of it like anon said else they can survive the fumes.
>>
>>53559782
Makes me think of student digs when I was studying.
How is it possible for human beings to be so filthy?
Not just the guys, but women too.

Pic related
>>
Jesus christ thank god i live in a country where absolutely everything that is an insect dies off during the winter
>>
>>53559693
>ghost spiders
>see them coming

Heh.
>>
>>53559871
shared a kitchen with 7 other guys, 5 of which were tunisian or italian

fucking barbarians i swear down
>>
>>53559871
Me and my roommate had our room set up that way one semester. It was actually a friend of mine so it was ok that we sat near each other.

>Winter
>both windows open
>one fan blowing in
>one fan blowing out

Was awesome, we both liked the cold. Also we lived in filth. There was trash at least a foot deep over the entire floor and behind the door there was a stack of styrofoam takeout containers that literally reached the ceiling.
>>
File: 127841915.zI7LlKPc.jpg (130 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
127841915.zI7LlKPc.jpg
130 KB, 800x533
>>53559880
>>
>>53559722
this
>>
Welp. Now I learned about a new thing to be always afraid of.
>>
Get some IPA OP, you might be able to stop the infestation before it grows out of control.
>>
>>53557897
Speaking from experience of managing two properties that were infested with Bed Bugs, your best bet is to throw away that thinkpad immediately (or keep it in sealed tight plastic bag until you can resell it, but that's pretty shitty).
In addition, throw away any mattress/box spring in your house that's slept on, buy a new bed frame or disassemble and thoroughly spray your bed with bed-bug pesticides, throw away your computer chair, either buy new sheets or boil/freeze your old sheets, and take just about anything you use frequently and put it in an industrial freezer.

I had to tent one of my properties, and had to repaint/refinish multiple rooms in my own house after taking stragglers back home from my first visit to the first infested property. They're by and large the worst pest I've ever had to deal with.

It's been a couple of years since I dealt with them, but IIRC, they stay near places that get warmth+co2 (your mattress/box spring), and they can live for ages without feeding. Depending on how early you can catch them, it's worth every penny you can spend to get rid of them.

Keeping that thinkpad is not worth it, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars because of bed bugs, they're by and large my worst enemy - and they will be yours too.

To anybody that rents property, be incredibly cautious about who you allow to move in. If you live in California, there are laws that can completely fuck you regarding pests, so even if it means raising your rental prices to unreasonable rates to keep the less cleanly people out, it will always be worth it. You don't want to deal with months-years of fighting off this type of infestation. I'd take termites any day over bed bugs.

On the bright side, OP, you now have a perfect excuse for moving or performing some maintenance/upgrades on your property.

Best of luck, I genuinely hope you don't get fucked.
>>
>>53559916
Well, I mean if you put it that way, it sounds pretty comfy.
>>
hey, i remember this
>>
>>53557897
I would hate to be the guy that sold you that Thinkpad.
>>
Can bedbugs be in small electronics like phones too?
>>
>>53560007
Why, he got rid of a piece of shit laptop, and got some money out of it
>>
>>53559960
This. You are SO fucked.
>>
File: 1383994757203.png (161 KB, 630x700) Image search: [Google]
1383994757203.png
161 KB, 630x700
You are FUCKED!

We had bedbugs in the draft during the first 4 weeks of training and it was a fucking nightmare

Bedbugs are very hard to get rid of, in fact the tried and tested method in the army was to take the metal bed frames out in the sun, douse them in petrol and light them on fire

That was still only temporary, they make nests fucking everywhere and they can survive for months without new blood

And if you take one home in clothes or bags or bedsheets your whole house will be fucked for YEARS
>>
WHAT THE FUCK!
>>
>>53560019
you're a fucking idiot
>>
Nobody heard of bombing your homes with that insect killing shit here?
>>
>>53557897
Burn that thinkpad and anything it touched. This isn't a joke. Like many other anons already said, you don't fuck around with bedbugs.

>>53558407
Bedbugs and cockroaches are the only two animals I wish extinction upon.

Fuck those things.
>>
>>53557897

rip
>>
>>53560051
God was never kind, at least not in the old testament. He fucked with people for fun.

He got better after Jesus was born, but doesn't every father?
>>
>>53559722
THIS OP

Also do not panic, yes bedbugs are very unpleasant to have, but they can be eradicated without having to throw anything away. In fact throwing the laptop or beds won't do jack shit since bedbugs spread all over the place.

Most effective pesticide I've used is 91% isopropyl alcohol they sell in places like CVS. It basically gets them turnt to death, though you have to bathe them in it for them to breathe it in for a few seconds.

Spray that laptop down inside and out, seal it in a bag as airtight as possible, and don't fucking open it at least for 2 weeks.

Then have some alcohol ready for the ones that made it out of the laptop. With persistence you can completely stop the tiny infestation you already have.

I had an infestation in my home once but with everyone spraying down beds and mattresses every week, we got rid of them in a month.
>>
>>53559681
Depends on where you live. They won't just magically appear, almost every case I've heard of involves somebody introducing them into an environment. I've also never heard of them getting inside used electronics, but that's nightmare-inducing if they can.

Don't ever take the "free" furniture outside of a house, don't buy furniture from garage sales, don't buy furniture from goodwill/salvation army (they claim to disinfect everything, but it's not worth the risk).

I don't know how advise like "stay clean" would help, but I'm not an expert. Of course you should shower daily and keep your sheets clean, but washing your sheets isn't going to prevent somebody from introducing bedbugs into your environment.

It really comes down to being cautious about what you bring into your house. Check your local city bulletins to make sure there isn't an infestation near you, and if there is, be extra cautious.

California has a big problem with them right now.

Oh, and if you have international friends visiting, don't allow them in your house if they've been staying in hostels. Also stay away from hostels.
>>
>>53560108
>I had an infestation in my home once but with everyone spraying down beds and mattresses every week, we got rid of them in a month.

Did you leave your house in that time? How did you make sure you wouldn't spread them to someone else?
>>
Get bottles of ipa and a spray bottle. Remind yourself that this is all your fault for trusting /g/ to buy used chinkpads instead of a cheap APU laptop.

Also be sure to have open flames (ie your stove burners) off for a few hours while you spray ipa and it evaporates thereafter.
>>
File: 1439911381694.jpg (81 KB, 464x720) Image search: [Google]
1439911381694.jpg
81 KB, 464x720
>>53557897
tfw I found couple of these fuckers yesterday and I'm still wondering if I should burn the house.
>>
>>53559353
You can get rid of those much more easily. Bed bugs are debatablely worse than roaches.
>>
>>53560107
Do you even the problem of evil?
>>
I bought a thinkpad off craigslist recently and now I am talking it apart. Fucking OP is scaring the fuck out of me!
>>
>>53560060
It doesn't work. Tenting only barely works if you prep properly, but bombing won't do the job even with proper prep.
>>
>>53559030
This
>>
>>53560208

This.

I used to work odd jobs in construction/demo and this house had bed bugs so bad we literally had to rip out the dry wall and bring the house to the frame. Then the exterminators sprayed everything down and let it sit for months.

Fuck that job man, it paid well but fuck that. We literally had clothes at the job site and got butt ass naked and changed into clean stuff that was never near the house before getting into the work truck. We never brought it home with us but we were all so paranoid.
>>
>>53559100
zoz
>>
>>53560148
>Did you leave your house in that time?
Pretty much, we all sprayed down beds and mattresses on sundays as best as we could and left the whole day to go to the mall and go watch a movie.
>How did you make sure you wouldn't spread them to someone else?
Bed bugs don't usually spread through by people, they tend to reside in your homes/apartment unless the infestation is severe enough. However we did all agree to check clothes for bedbugs before we wore them just in case. We never found them in clothes.

Also we each had a bottle of alcohol to use during the night but because we kept slaughtering them every week with the spay downs that didn't have to be used that much.
>>
File: IMG_20160124_162439.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_162439.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>53557897
i know that feel, i already bought a laptop full of bugs inside

never buy a used laptop

pic related
>>
I live with a friend in an apartment so we share the rent and he brought fucking bedbugs somehow 1-2 weeks ago. I am thinking of moving away, is there anything I should watch out to not take them to my new home? I could leave all my clothes behind but I need to take my PC and some books/documents/etc. with me. Any advise would be nice.
>>
>>53560270
>laptop full of bugs
must have been a linux user
>>
>>53557897

Shit. Is that what bed bugs look like???
>>
>>53560270
And I thought the occasional ant or moth was bad. Fuck that noise!
>>
>>53560270
What if you have a tablet that you can't open?
>>
>>53560293

Eggs stay in cloth like materials, they can even survive the washing machine/dryer.

Hard surfaces, like metal and computer components should be fine just actually physically open them up and check everything (behind the motherboard etc...)

I understand that buying new clothes sucks, you can soak your clothes in an alcohol slurry for several days (may ruin some of your stuff but not all of it).
>>
>>53560208
>>53560257
Fuck, what about other insects?
>>
>>53560257

One of my biggest fears since I started doing demo work myself. I have definitely been on a job site with bed bugs before.
>>
>>53560316
bugs can't enter inside a tablet
>>
File: Daletech_balloon.png (424 KB, 610x452) Image search: [Google]
Daletech_balloon.png
424 KB, 610x452
>>53558875
Thanks Daletech
>>
>>53560393
Actually all bedbugs infestation permeate relatively the same way. Once a few bedbugs make it in your home they fuck like rabbits and feed on you every night. Normally the spend their whole lives on your mattress seams and bed frame hidden in cracks and small places. The only reason they would live somewhere beside your bed is because the infestation has grown immensely.

Point is it doesn't matter if you have a fuckload of furniture in your room or not, bedbugs will for the most part infest your bed.
>>
>>53560121
>hostels
Do you mean Hotels?
>>
>>53560472
No, I think he mean't hostels.
>>
File: pacha.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pacha.png
279 KB, 500x500
>>53559492
>>
>>53560472
I don't know where that guy lives(probably cali as mentioned), but over in the UK we have hotels and hostels. And they're absolute fucking shit.
Hotels can have bedbugs etc, the cheaper ones - but hostels are like a cesspit of disease and despair in my experience. I guess it's "handy" if you're pretty much homeless though, can take anything at that point.
>>
>>53557897
Saw this thread months ago. OP, have you moved out?
>>
>>53560293
Check every single tight corner you can think of. They can flatten out down to the size of paper without issue (if they haven't fed recently).
Aside from the bites, the quickest way to tell if you have a bad infestation is to check the corners of your room, check the corners of your bed frame, check the folds of your sheets, and check the folds of your mattress. I know people recommend vacuuming and whatnot, but I've never heard of them laying on flat carpet. They would be in the corner between the wall and carpet, if they were to do that, but it's more likely for them to be somewhere near your main resting place.

Even if it ruins your clothes, you really should steam them, iron them, boil them (or wash them on the hottest possible temperature), dry them on the hottest possible temperature, and throw them in an industrial freezer for a week or so.

Also, as painful as it may be, don't take your furniture with you. It just isn't worth the risk of carrying them to your new place. Unless it's something like an old dresser from your great-great grandparents, don't keep it. If you absolutely must keep your old furniture, you'll want to completely disassemble it, spray every corner, leave it in the sun, and inspect every corner and crevasse.
>>
>>53560342
Honestly, when compared to bed bugs, other insects don't matter. Termites are probably the next worst, and some people would rank termites as worse than bed bugs. Termites will do more harm to your property, but bed bugs practically force you to harm your own property. There are also very effective ways to deal with termites, and while it's timely and expensive, they can be dealt with - and usually with long-term solutions.

Bed bugs are the fucking devil. Want to take out ISIS? Send them some fucking bed bugs. I swear to god they're the worst bug in the world.

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures from my old phone. I ended up completely remodelling a property because of those motherfuckers.
>>
>>53559492
Does this really work?
>>
>>53560472
Nope, I meant hostels. They're common along the coast and popular for college students trying to travel abroad for cheap.
If you have friends considering staying in hostels in the US or abroad, advise them to just camp instead. You'd much rather deal with ants and spiders for a couple of nights (and get to enjoy nature) than carry bed bugs. They're worse than herpes.
>>
>fall for used thinkpad meme
>thinkpad is stained with some neckbeard's body fluids
>>
>>53560809
Haven't heard of that method, but using small particulates has been proven to be effective. If you can't take any measures immediately but want to sleep without fear (and you have bed bugs), surround your couch or unused bed with DE and they won't be able to cross over it. Lay that shit out like you're trying to summon Satan around wherever you're sleeping and they absolutely will not cross it.
Of course this method doesn't work if there are already bed bugs within your safety-zone
>>
>>53557897
Your face when we could have had a world free of mosquities and bedbugs and other shit if we had continued mass spraying DDT everywhere but because of some faggot birds' egg shells becoming brittle that we don't even use in human cuisine, we stopped spraying DDT everywhere and forever ruined our chance of making mosquitoes and bedbugs extinct decades ago.
>>
>>53557897
For the people in this thread, I would advise not too bring too many electronics when you go camping too.

Some ticks are able to crawl inside your electronics and ticks are just as bad as bedbugs.
>>
>>53559681
They are sites that list recent bedbug infestations in your area, including hotels and shit.
>>
>>53560809
It does, and that's why its so weird
>>
>>53560973
We can still use CRISPR-modified mosquitos to cuck them into extinction, maybe the same technique will work for bedbugs.
>>
>>53560784
Wow, that sounds fucking shit.
>>
File: snib lmao.png (32 KB, 312x255) Image search: [Google]
snib lmao.png
32 KB, 312x255
>>53558907
>>
>>53561162
Dude, releasing sterile mosquitoes is bad enough.

Releasing sterile bedbugs would be like insanity.

At least mosquitoes are big enough to be tracked by the naked eye.

Meanwhile, bedbugs that have not even been fed blood is extremely frustrating to find.

What was great about DDT was that it worked on all stages of a bedbug's life.

Current pesticides only work on a certain stage of a bedbug's life most effectively rather than all 3 stages of their life like DDT did.

It is a shame but I think in the end, we are just going to have to invent nanomachines and have them rain down all over Earth instead of telling the nanomachines to block out the sun like in the Matrix.

And speaking about the Matrix, the humans were pretty stupid.

Instead of telling those nanomachines to block the sunlight, they should have told the nanomachines to break down and decompose anything technology related and have humanity go back to the Stone Age or Bronze Age afterwards which isn't really a bad thing as long as Humanity won over the Robots and the Stone/Bronze Age wasn't so bad because at least we have knowledge like the 4 field farming system now when no one ever thought of that shit back in the Stone Age.
>>
>>53559603
Sorry, but is that in the human body or the environment?
>>
>>53559579
Welp... At least I know that when I get bedbugs, I should just burn my house down.
>>
>>53560950
>Lay that shit out like you're trying to summon Satan
KEK
>>
>Buying used ANYTHING in this day and age

m8, the world is filled with disgusting people. You get what you deserve for buying second hand rubbish.
>>
Bought a x60 that had bugs crawl out once, tore it down and it was thankfully just 2 or 3 weird looking bugs. That being said, for bedbugs put sevindust all around your bed, m8. Just clean it up after they all die since that shit is dangerous.
>>
So just to be sure, how easy is it to tell if you have bed bugs?

Reading this thread, I'm just auto-assuming I have them now because I'm itchy
>>
>>53557897
hahaha, faggot. burn your house down
>>
>>53562023
It should be pretty easy. Bedbugs aren't exactly clean.

They poop too so your sheets should be stained with dried poop blood.

As for why you feel itchy, how long has it been since you washed your bedsheets and hang them out to dry in the sun while the sun's glorious UV Rays blast through your sheets on a fine afternoon day?
>>
File: 2008-10-11-drmanhattan.jpg.png (170 KB, 579x274) Image search: [Google]
2008-10-11-drmanhattan.jpg.png
170 KB, 579x274
>>53557897
The reason bedbugs still exist is because Dr Manhattan is a cuck who doesn't just spend 24/7 walking naked around Earth and blasting bedbugs to extinction.

What a waste of superpowers.
>>
>>53558058
Of course a maki poster will be this fucking retarded
>>
>>53558905
kek I guarantee the country you live in isn't perfect the way you're making it sound.
>>
File: 1452605629635.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452605629635.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>53559588
topkek
>>
This thread scares me.
>>
bed bugs are attracted to the CO2 we exhale. You need to get a brewery going in a corner. They will crawl up and to their deaths, hic.

a container, yeast, water, sugar and a bug ladder up the side. Then wait. Problem solved.
>>
>>53562808
kektacular
>>
>>53559770
>Just wash your shit frequently, and you shouldn't get them.
Are you saying that if you don't wash your shit frequently, bed bugs will just poof into existence?
>>
>>53558057

>de lousing

thats a funny way of saying total destruction

there is zero tolerance for those fuckers in my state
>>
>>53559588

you're thiking of those nanites for that really shitty episode of startrek TNG
>>
when my friendh ad bed bugs he sprinkled a bunch of baking soda allover his carpet and in between each mattress

apparently that dehydrates them so they die off faster

good luck though.
>>
>>53558137
>high heat

Quick, OP! Run Prime95!
>>
Get a mylar bag, put it in the bag. Get an oxygen absorber, seal it shut inside. Leave it for the next three months. Let them suffocate/starve to death.

Strip bed, strip all the cloth in the house. Boil it in hot water. Whites with bleach. Literally fucking boil it. When I did it i got a 55 gallon steel drum and boiler every single bit of clothing in it on an open fire. Nigger neighbors brought them in. Tape ever single electric outlet shut. Get some pesticide spray and spray all the corners and shit. Near the floor boards. Some basic fumigation bombs for giggles. They will likely survive but its another cheap step.
>>
>>53561242
Are you retarded?
>>
>>53563401
He has a point, the humans in The Matrix were pretty dumb. But really, everything about The Matrix past the initial plotline of the first film was pretty dumb.
>>
Debugging, the thread
>>
>Have had bedbugs in my room for 8+ months but I'm a permaNEET so there's nothing I can do about it
>my family is poor and they can't do anything about it either

My sleep schedule is always thrown off because I have to sit up and check under my blanket for bedbugs every time I feel a tickle or other sensation, which is usually every 5 minutes and it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep.

Fuck my life.
>>
>>53563799
Have you thought about getting a job so you can hire an exterminator?
>>
>>53559603
>Now they are resistant to most shit and exacting their vengeance.
It's largely because of immigration policies that let 3rd world hordes invade our countries.

It's something that isn't talked about but fucking christ it's such a shitty insidious fucking thing.
>>
>>53563799
Buy some IPA (shit's like $3/bottle) and a spray bottle senpai, that's how I got rid of them. Also until you stop being a neet please learn a skill (programming, language translation, drawing moeblobs with big tiddies, ect)
>>
>>53563830
my social anxiety is too severe for it. the rest of my short life i'll wake up with a couple new bedbug bites each morning.
>>
>>53563882
I tried spraying some sort of home concoction shit on it but I don't remember what. I also regularly wash cloths in my room, and I also removed superfluous furniture to get rid of extra hiding spots.

But they're still in here. I don't even know where. There is paneling lining the bottom of the wall+floor and it's possible there are some there. I imagine they could also be living under the carpet?
>>
>>53563994
Use sevindust, anon.
>>
>>53563799
Cimexa nigga
>>
>>53557897
Burn it all down. Sorry op.
>>
>>53563994
90% of them will live in your mattress seams and bed frame. The few that don't are loners or the more intelligent bedbug population.

Anyway IPA will kill them all the same, just make sure it's at least 91% and you douse them with it enough for them to breathe it in, they can survive the fumes like anons have said.

What I did was I sprayed every 3-4 morning and left home. By week 2 I was having trouble finding any to kill. I kept going at them for about 2 months and a year later not a single of those fuckers has bothered me. Always keep a spray bottle full of IPA in my closet just in case.
>>
>>53557897
Diatomaceous earth
>>
>>53563933
>a couple new

No, anon, as long as the bedbugs have a steady food source they'll multiply. Soon, you're going to be covered in bites.

Fix your social anxiety or die.
>>
>>53563933
Nigga the infestation is going to grow, get that shit taken care of before you get anemia or a disease. Social anxiety is no excuse for not getting a job, we all have to clock in no matter how fat, socially inept, or ugly we are.
>>
A whole block was gutted in my town because of thes nasty little fuckers. The tenants in the apartments weren't even the ones who complained about them. It was the the businesses below them who did because they were swarming from the apartments everytime the exterminators sprayed the tenements.
>>
>>53564076
>>53564118
guys i'm a fucking germaphobe so this disturbs me more than most people. but i have to deal with this because the alternative is talking to strangers which i haven't done in 5+ years.
>>
This thread makes my balls itch.
>>
>>53564157
Are you sure you can't afford $4 for a bottle of IPA and a dollar store spray bottle? At least try it man.

Also get it together anon, you can't be a neet your whole life.
>>
File: 1376965479841.gif (1 MB, 345x263) Image search: [Google]
1376965479841.gif
1 MB, 345x263
I've never seen a bedbug in my life.

I've also never bought used Thinkpads.

Coincidence?
>>
>>53564157
It doesn't disturb you enough to save up money from digital turk or welfare and then hire a professional exterminator to end the problem forever. It only bothers you enough to make you whine about it on a website for teenage neo-Nazis and try hillbilly treatments.
>>
>>53559722
this
>>
>>53563859
Very true.

I have heard in most middle eastern parts of the world it's common practice to haul all your furniture outside and cover it in a tarp to bake and kill the bedbugs. They do this a few times a year I'm told.
>>
Place that shit in a tick garbage bag, apply heat with your work station heat gun.

Pray that it's hot enough to kill all of them, for maximum effect do this daily for a week (without taking that shit out of the bag)
>>
>>53564450
They'll be in the mattress and the bed frame as well.
>>
>>53559030
This. Never met someone who worked in a carnival. What's it like, anon?
>>
Professional exterminators + heat treatment provide the best peace of mind
>>
>>53564279
no it disturbs me more than it would disturb you. the alternative is just worse to me than it is to you.
>>
Call an exterminator. Now. Bed bugs are fucking awful.
>>
get food grade daitomaceus earth

surround your bed, around inside and out, rub it into every surface for concentric barriers, barrier every doorway, even the walls everywhere you like but bed is key. keep sleeping in the same place and they will all die in three weeks.
>>
>>53560270
Almost threw up Jesus Christ.
>>
>>53564744
I'm pediculophobic. I have literally burned my scalp with kerosene and pulled clumps of my own skin off my head to kill lice. I don't think you're really bothered by it as much as you claim to be because I would have burned my house down if it ever got as bad as yours.
>>
>>53566154
you'd burn down your house because you could go live somewhere else. you have better alternatives than i do.

look man, there's no reason to be skeptical of this.
>>
>>53559588
Now this is shilling
>>
What if this bedbug infestation thing is a Jewish conspiracy to discourage used sales and scare people into buying everything new.
>used furniture
>used cars
>used laptops
>used books
Just about everything that's worth buying used is being scaremongered ITT.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ...the autism in here...allow me to give you some real working advice.

Bedbugs suck but are easily dealt with...use mild heat and diatomaceous earth.

You cannot freeze them...baiting them is useless...and hippies hate goodness and banned all the good pesticides because insect rights and bogus science.

They literally die when exposed to any heat...they have no tolerance for warmth at all. Also pure diatomaceous earth absolutely obliterates the fuckers completely (and every other terrestrial anthropod you may find mildly annoying), its an extremely fine white powder and its harmless to people and pets (you can cook with it) but is cheap as hell and a guaranteed insect Holocaust. you should own some anyway bedbugs notwithstanding.

Aside from that a heater, blow dryer or hand streamer will obliterate them in seconds also...

We got bedbugs from a hotel once...worst experience ever but I studied them extensively and now I have zero concern for them. They are frail and weak despite what you think, and easy to destroy.

If you cannot exterminate bedbugs you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>53558263
>Tell your landlord/super that you saw bed bugs. He/she will probably provide you with an exterminator for free.
Most apartment communities I know exclude bedbugs specifically. That is the norm or I'm just poor.
>>
u cant handle my potions traveller
>>
>>53568204
Their strength lies not in their constitution autism-san.
>>
>>53566154
>I have literally burned my scalp with kerosene and pulled clumps of my own skin off my head
>now I post about it on 4chan
Sure you have.
>>
>WiiU spiders all over again
>>
Once had a client who brought in a laptop (some shitty Asus one) that was FULL of ants

We noped out of that shit and told them to buy a new laptop
>>
File: IMG_20160319_090331.jpg (33 KB, 538x598) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_090331.jpg
33 KB, 538x598
>>53562808
> going through this much trouble
Pic related tho, I just finished my bug ladder. Working on a mini distillery now.
>>
>>53559030
meme arrows pl0x
>>
>>53559353
not a fucking chance in hell. all you need to get rid of pubic lice is a shit ton of medicated shampoo or a full Brazilian from your local chink salon. Bed bugs infest LITERALLY everything in your fucking house, even shit you dont think about like books or that thinkpad you bought.

>source
My roommate brought them into my old apartment. Had to trash almost everything and move the fuck out
>>
>>53563933
Why is your life gonna be short m8?

email me
[email protected]
>>
>>53557897
make up co2 traps for the bugs, take soda bottles and cut the tops off to make a makeshift funnel system, fill each bottle with some yeast warm water and sugar, replace the tops back on the bottle with the lid inside of the bottle - like the funnel mentioned earlier - and tape to secure. make a few of these and set them around the house near key places like your bed, sitting areas, computer, etc. on your bed frame posts put double sided tape on the legs to catch any bugs attempting to crawl up them, place double sided tape on the wall your bed close to, place double sided tape in a frame on the ceiling that is a bit larger than your bed. scatter diatomaceous earth where the floor meets the walls.

CO2 from the traps will attract the bugs to crawl in and drown, the tape will trap bugs trying to climb to your bed, diatomaceous earth will kill bugs that crawl over it.

>>>/a/
>>
At one point in time I had a guy a few houses down ask me to fix his xbox one.
he gave it to me so I took in to my bedroom and went back up to his house for the night. by the time I got back that night there were at least 30 cockroaches large and small crawling on the walls and floor of my bedroom. Scary shit.
>>
Why dont you just gas the house?
>>
>>53571530
There's no gas for bedbugs
>>
>>53557897
fuck dude, not even my 3rd world country has them.
>>
>>53571611
Damn, so can you really not get rid of them?

Do they just die out if you leave your house for a few months?
>>
You know just because its used, doesn't mean you havd to buy from some disgusting neet
there are business who sell used/refurbished laptops for a living. They even give it new warranties
>>
File: Insecticide-picture.gif (96 KB, 343x500) Image search: [Google]
Insecticide-picture.gif
96 KB, 343x500
>>
>>53571504
thank you anon. Pretty sure you just solidified my thoughts of never working on other people's electronics again. For that I humbly thank you :)
>>
>>53562148
>cuck
he was literally cucked by nite owl
>>
File: DDT.jpg (70 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
DDT.jpg
70 KB, 600x481
Call the EPA and tell them to unban DDT and then nuke your with it, it's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>53557897
this is exactly why i'll never buy a used thinkpad. The people that use them are completely disgusting and would only sell one if it became too much of a niohazard even for them.
>>
>>53572623
nuke your house*
>>
>>53560316
Bugs can begin very small. Almost microscopic (fractions of a millimeter).
>>
File: Traumatic_insemination_1_edit1.jpg (590 KB, 1960x1595) Image search: [Google]
Traumatic_insemination_1_edit1.jpg
590 KB, 1960x1595
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_insemination

Holy shit.
>>
>>53573451
yep. nature is fucked up.
>>
>>53573451
>TRIGGERED
>>
>>53572623
Or just have ddt used in controlled amounts.
>>
>>53564059
Oh isopropyl alcohol...

I was already wondering why you would spray hipster beer in your apartment.
>>
Holy shit. All the fear a bug can create lmao. Im from a 3rd world country (basically) and I never heard of this shit. Im actually dumbfounded of the reaction a stupid bug can generate. You arent as clean as you think fuckers!
>>
>>53557897
Bake your laptop.
>>
>>53571694
>a few months
Adults can last for a year after one feeding.
>>
>>53557897
Bed bugs have little itty bitty fuckers you can't see so you can bet your ass they're in your bed as we speak or behind a clock or poster on your wall. Take all your sheets and get them washed immediately. Walmart has these anti bed bug plastic covers to cover your mattress with so buy those so they can't come out at night to feed. Buy bed bug poison that comes in powder form and spread that shit on your whole floor and put caulking along the whole interior of your room where the carpet meets the wall.
>>
Your apartment/house a shit
The only answer is pesticides
Also, report the guy to the CDC
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.