[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lately i find my eyes tired after long sessions on the computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: gunnar-scope.jpg (185 KB, 1800x800) Image search: [Google]
gunnar-scope.jpg
185 KB, 1800x800
Lately i find my eyes tired after long sessions on the computer

are gunnar optics worth it /g/? do they actually reduce eye stress when staring at a screen for 12 hours a day?
>>
Run Flux/Redshift/etc and save yourself looking like an idiot.
>>
>>53544946
Just change the color temperature if you want to make things look more yellow.
>>
>>53544958

will try flux out. not sure making my screen more red at night will help, but thanks for the suggestion anyways
>>
>>53545031

It yellows it, change the times of day it's active.
>>
>>53545159

read up a bit on it after posting, seems like lots of people with similar problems have had positive effects. thanks for the recommendation.

white not being white will still take some getting used to tho
>>
>>53545208
You should be able to get used to it. My eyeballs feel like they're going to melt if I don't use it.
>>
>>53544946
I have some, and i feel better with them.
Try software solutions first, if these don't work, try glasses.
>>
>>53544946
>Lately i find my eyes tired after long sessions on the computer
faggot
>>
Calibrate your display to a comfortable brightness level of 120cd. Or look for reviews of it that show the brightness setting to reach that level (usually under 40). Your eye-strain issues will disappear.
>>
Gunnar offers glasses that don't turn everything yellow and still protect your eyes. While the protection part may be arguable, my pair seem to work well for me.
>>
>>53545687

This. Once you get used to flux it's hard to not have it on at night
>>
I tried flux. Didn't help, made me squint. Adjust the brightness of your lighting and screen instead.
>>
>>53544958
I have to use both at night

My eyes are the literal worst
>>
>>53544958
/thread
>>
Doesn't Flux make images, videos, vidya etc look "wrong" though?
>>
>>53547759
Of course it does.

So do those ebin glasses.

Its going to bother you, remember those red and blue 3D glasses?

Welcome back to hell
>>
Gunnars fag here
They werk.
Used flux before, no change, since I got the glasses I've never had sore eyes and I work 8hours on PC and 6 hours at home on graphic design every day almost. The yellow tint makes my stuff more blueish as result but a simple +30 yellow filter solves it
>>
>>53545208
>white not being white will still take some getting used to tho
Actually no because your eyes adapt, until the yellowed white is plain white to you, while regular white is blue.
>>
>>53545818
Verbal abuse hurts OP more than physical abuse.
>>
>>53544946
>gunnar meme
>>53544958
>flux/redshit/sct meme
Jesus, this place just keep worsening

gunnars are overpriced
No, "software turning your screen red" won't do shit

ophthalmic lenses for computer screens (__including__ treatment for your myopia or whatever) shall not cost more than 50€
they do exist, they do work and those have __not__ a yellow tint. Using yellow-ish lenses is a cheap escamotage to filter blue light. Gunnars are not ophthalmic lenses (and they're proud of it!) Real ophthalmic lenses have a neutral colour and will turn a little blue if exposed to "cold" lights and monitors.
No, turning your screen red won't do shit - as per eye strain goes.
>>
>>53550782
>No, "software turning your screen red" won't do shit
Except that's wrong
>>
>>53550797
>if I paint a neon "red" I'll change the temperature
The colour painted on the monitor is irrelevant, any handheld light meter will catch the same Kelvin (usually, D65 for monitors).
Feel free to believe in fairy-tales like a goon, it's not by chance that zero academic papers ever happened around flux and the like.
>>
>>53550909
I can't really argue for the red, but as far as f.lux goes that program is the difference between wanting to gouge out my eyes and not feeling any pain
>>
>>53544946
Subscribed to thread.
>>53544958
How does it help vs ambient light?
>>
>>53550955
2bh ambient light is never at 6500K unless you're staring at midday sun all day everyday
>>
>>53544946
They're like mechanical keyboards for your eyes.
>>
>>53551021
so, useless and hipster?
>>
>>53547759
As wrong as looking at your monitor in anything other than a sunlit room.
>>
This thread triggered by OCD
Help me set up brightest and contrast please.

What's the proper color scheme I should use? The standard preset or leave it 100 / 100 / 100 R G B and let flux decide what scheme of colors it's going to be used over that?

So if that's the case everything I'm left with having to focus on is brightness / contrast.
>>
If you think you need sunglasses to look at your screen, you should probably start by reducing brightness.
>>
>>53551272
If you honestly care then get a monitor calibrator and calibrate your monitor properly to begin with.
Then add f.lux for night time hours.
>>
>>53551320
>monitor calibrator
Can software alter settings on monitor?
>>
>>53551346
Yes, but you need to calibrator to confirm settings are correct.
>>
>>53551384
Can you suggest a good software for that, be it free or proprietary - I can crack it, I just want 'muh calibration.
>>
>>53551546
You're not going to get muh calibration without a calibrator
>>
>>53551559
But If I use someone else calibration profile that used that device for the exact same monitor model - would It still be good?
>>
>>53551618
"no"
>>
Not being a pussy might help
>>
>>53551618
No.
Panels aren't identical.
>>
I thought stuff like f.lux was snakeoil and you can fix it with properly lighting my room.
>>
No idea and I could potentially still be fucking my eyes but..

I got gunnars because I like to look at my monitor in a pitch black room. They have a yellow tint and I they really seem to work. My eyes don't get strained as much when I do the above.

Could be placebo, but I don't know.
>>
MeMe
>>
Gunnars are basically yellow tinted glasses with antiglare and a slight bit of additional optical power (like reading glasses) to make looking at something closer to your eyes for long periods more comfortable.

You can get reading glasses for the magnification but they usually don't have antiglare.

If you require glasses anyways you should get computer glasses without the tint and with antiglare. They're fantastic.

Skip the yellow glow. You can use F.lux or similar to tint the computer screen yellow or just have proper bias lighting on your gaming rig's environment.
>>
File: Capture.png (38 KB, 363x221) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38 KB, 363x221
Try the placebo
>>
>>53558214
reminder that f.lux isn't open source and redshift has the same features - working even better
and there' sct for muh minimal binary
>http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/sct-set-color-temperature

quit shilling proprietary cancer
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.