[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best OS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: sonic.jpg (96 KB, 651x940) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
96 KB, 651x940
What's the best os I can get for my new gaming pc?
>inb4 Ubuntu
>inb4 my osx
>inb4 gentoo
>inb4 gentoo

I hear that windows 8.1 is pretty good but windows doesn't allow the downloads anymore. Is windows 7 any good?
>>
>my osx
I meant mac osx
>>
Windows 10
>>
>>53544728
I was asking because windows 10 is complete shit
>>
>>53544759
Windows 10 improves on 7 IMO (assuming you're using Pro); the only difference is the huge amount of tracking built into the OS. But let's face it, you're a winfag, you're probably tracked in a million other ways every day. You probably use Chrome, and Steam, and dozens of little proprietary freeware utilities. You're already cucked.

But if you really don't want 10, just use 7. What is the point of this thread?
>>
File: gentoo.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>53544448
>gentoo
>>
Is arch any good?
>>
>>53544859
>is arch any good?
If you have to ask that question, it's not for you
Now run along and play your fucking gaymes
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>
>>53544883
Might as well inform me
>>
>>53544859
Arch is, without a doubt, the best Linux distro.

>inb4 gentoo
Gentoo is just a meme distro. No one actually uses that retarded shit.
>>
>>53544448
GNU/Linux
>>
>>53545037
Can we assume I know nothing about distros, what would be the best easy to use is for a fagget newb like me?
>>
>>53545082
win10
>>
>>53544960
No get fucked what is the point of this thread? Just install windows 10 winfag
>>
>sage
Fuck off, OP
>>
Use an Ubuntu flavor like kubuntu, xubuntu, etc...
>>
>>53545106
Jesus Fuck what is wrong with people who don't know as much as you? Is it really that hard to teach them or do you just have some sort of superiority complex?
>>
>>53545082
GNU/Linux Mint (or, as I've taken to calling it, GNU+Linux Mint)
>>
>>53545135
This, or this:
>>53545140
>>
>>53545136
just get win 10, there is literally no reason to run Linux unless your pc is a complete piece of shit
>>
>>53545206
Honestly I'd rather eat little ceasers than run win10 I've had it on my past 2 desktops and it's complete ass
>>
>>53544799
This
>>
>>53545234
why is it "ass"?
>ib4 muh freedums
>>
>>53545283
The constant updating and I hate the start menu
>try to do anything
>WAIT TAKE ANOTHER UPDATE
It's unbearable why would they release an is that's not completed?
>>
>>53545329
im sure no one has this issue unless you are an idiot
Updates can be scheduled and can be kept in the background, youll hardly ever notice them
>>
>>53545426
Fuck it I'll get windows 7
>>
I honestly never understood why people who don't develop / program / code ever use *nix BSD (besides osx) distros

I accidentally'd my family computer's windows xp partition at a young age trying to install backtrack because of 4chan. Kid you not, worst ass whooping of my life.
But I learned a lot about programming, cemented my career choice and I love what I do now.

Long story short, unless you're diving down the rabbit hole just hackintosh or windows.

But if you're for dat life install ubuntu / xubuntu.
>>
>>53545959
My fault for the grammar
I'm American, just don't give a fuck most of the time
Tis' 4chan
>>
>>53545959
Thanks for the input, this is the only good answer I've gotten
>>
>>53546016
No problem.
chans aint terrible, just gotta cherrypick your advice.
I do suggest you install virtualbox and give ubuntu a try though. It's really a journey if you like computers.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.