[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dropped hdd onto mobo, dented this aluminum block. How sensitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-03-17 18.39.44.jpg (959 KB, 1091x1948) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-17 18.39.44.jpg
959 KB, 1091x1948
>Dropped hdd onto mobo, dented this aluminum block.

How sensitive are mobos? Did I just fuck mine? What does this block do anyway?
>>
File: are you serious.png (15 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.png
15 KB, 568x568
>>53543949
it's just a fucking heatsink
>>
You most likely did nothing .
Of all the things to damage on the mobo that is the least sensitive to damage .
>>
>>53543965
Oh shit you're right. At a quick panicked glance it looked like some sort of casing.
Now I'm more worried about my hdd.
>>
>>53544020
How high of a drop was it?
>>
Consdering the dent is right by the edge I'd say it's 90% likely that the HDD you dropped actually fell onto the PCB itself.
>>
>>53544108
Check the little niggers below the dent
>>
>>53543949
You're just one of those guys that thinks components can break by just looking at it wrong. Of course it's ok. It's just a heatsink. Of course you need to be careful when handling components but they aren't all that weak really.
>>
>>53544020
So fucking plug it in and see if it works, faggot. Jesus.
>>
>>53545883
You called?
>>
>>53543949

Dude I dropped a big ass cpu heatsink on a mobo and its still working fine. Probably just luck, but they are pretty tough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.