[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building my first PC wondering what would be the best for gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
Building my first PC wondering what would be the best for gaming
>>
An iPad
>>
>>53540721
Depends on budget. You can get an i7k and overclock it for best results but if you want to save your money get an i5 or i5k cpu. You really don't need anything more. Spend most of your money on the graphics card
>>
Razr by Motorola. Really good graphics, would recommend!
>>
>>53540763
Any model specifically?
>>
zen, wait for it
>>
gentoo
>>
>>53540721
GTX 960 is god like, buy two together with a x99 system and 64gig of DDR4-RAM
>>
>>53541224
KEK, better two R9 380's
>>
>>53541161
Refer to stupid questions general next time, good gaming i5s are either 6600k (on skylake, entails DDR4 and overall better support for newer technologies) or 4690k (haswell refresh, still fairly new and cheaper, as good as the previous, except it's still haswell, not the "last gen" anymore), if you're not overclocking just stick to the regular versions of those chips, without the K.
>>
AMD CPU + AMD GPU = real gaming
>>
>>53540721
You're going to want a Pentium 4 641 and a GeForce 210
>>
>>53541266
Thanks !
>>
>>53540721
>>/v/ strikes again.
>>
>>53540721
>>
Skylake i5. It's not like there are a ton of choices right now. LGA1150 is dead, so getting a Haswell chip right now would be stupid because you'd be closing every CPU upgrade path.
>>
>>53540721
A mouse and maybe a keyboard.
>>
>>53540721
I have an 6600k and the AMD r9 390. Perfectly happy with both.
>>
i5-750
>>
Highjacking this thread.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s8yqK8
How will this do me for some casual gaming? Nothing too intense, the most demanding thing I want to run is some mildly modded skyrim.
>>
I really think that /v/ or /wsr/ is a better place to talk about gaming hardware stuff. Do what you want, but don't be surprised when grouchy anons come out of the woodworks.
>>
There's very little benefit to getting Skylake over Devil's Canyon right now. There's very little benefit to hyper threading as well, but the i7 4790k is 4GHz vs the i5 4690k at 3.5GHz. You can get the 4GHz i7 4790k for $100 less than its Skylake counterpart.
>>
>>53543292
Change the RAM to either
> 1x8Gb
> 2x8Gb
And you're good.

For gaming, you really don't need 16Gb tho
>>
>>53543584
>tfw almost fell for the 16 GiB meme
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.