[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to stackoverflow >Copy paste what you need >Slightly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1413326048276.png (476 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1413326048276.png
476 KB, 472x472
>Go to stackoverflow
>Copy paste what you need
>Slightly tweak the code
>Compile closed source program
>"I made this"

Does it happen?
>>
Of course.
>>
>>53538203
Yes, literally all them time.
>>
>>53538203
yes, I do it quite often
>>
>>53538203
All the fucking time.
Stackoverflow java devs are not a meme.
>>
Yep.
>>
I know that plenty of people do exactly that for assignments. It happened a lot in Java 1. The prof has common sense, and caught them in the act
>>
I do this all day at work. I can't write anything more complicated than hello world, and I spend all day mashing stackoverflow snippets together until they work, usually by changing variable names or deleting parameters from parameter lsits and trying to get them to work. IF it doesn't compile, I copy and paste another snippet in its place and start over.

I make over 100k, my title is 'Senior Software engineer' and I have three people under me, simply because I've been BSing this for over 7 years by now.

I faked my degree, I was a bio major and applied to a few places as a CS major and got hired.

AMA I guess
>>
>>53539532
Living the dream, congratulations
>>
>>53539532
Holy fuck you are my role model.

Which languages do you consider easiest to "fake" via SO, except for the obvious answers Java and C?

Do you never have to do something fairly unique which can't be glued together by using snippets?
>>
>>53539532
Too fat
>>
Yes but only for non-creative bullshitware. Try developing something more complex with that strategy and you'll fail sooner rather than later.
>>
>>53539532
That's basically what I do when I'm working on shit that I don't know about, like WMI. I made a program to replace all the printers on everybody's computer and management was happy. Unfortunately the more of that type of shit that I do the more projects they dump on me.
>>
Yes. And it's easy to spot because of the poor quality
>>
>>53539854
Or searching for the thread
>tfw no one wants /g/ code
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.