[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all this shit about getting more women into tech Why? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: 2654847.jpg (410 KB, 1051x823) Image search: [Google]
2654847.jpg
410 KB, 1051x823
>all this shit about getting more women into tech

Why? What's the point?
>>
>>53535290
because nothing says "no to sexism" quite like a whole lot of blatant sexism
>>
the only way they could make existing courses/groups/fields look like they were "for men" is by making ones for women

in reality now it's just
"for anyone", and
"for women"
>>
>>53535290
>what's the point
Dunno, don't care.

There have been so many equality in field X campaigns and all fail in the end. This hype will be over in a few years and the SJW train will just go on somewhere else.
>>
because these aspergers morons see that
proportion_of_women_in_tech != 0.5
and declare it as institutional sexism because men are evil.

I'd love for more women to be in tech, beats talking to beardo mcfuckface that we have 3 of in my office of 10.
>>
File: chrome_2016-03-17_22-31-54.png (472 KB, 459x624) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-03-17_22-31-54.png
472 KB, 459x624
>>53535443
have you ever seen a more punchable face?
>>
1) Women generally think differently than men. When you are trying to come up with the best solution to a problem, you want lots of different solutions to pick from. Different kinds of people thinking differently is something that greatly helps this process. Technology is highly concentrated on problem solving, so they want girls there too.

2) Many women could be great at tech, but they have an impression that technology is for guys only. That image is bad for the industry, because then they need to hire some of the incompetent guys, that better girls could otherwise have replaced.

3) When you fill a room with guys, they get pretty competitive and maybe even aggressive. They feel like they need to out *macho* each other. Throw in a girl, and the environment might calm down a bit.
>>
Kind of off-topic, but it's something that I've suspected for a while now. The """""media""""" is obviously trying to politicize every demographic known to man in the hope that people will *want* to vote for whoever promotes this stupid agenda. Your guess who is doing this is as good as mine.
>>
>>53535483
>Women generally think differently than men. When you are trying to come up with the best solution to a problem, you want lots of different solutions to pick from. Different kinds of people thinking differently is something that greatly helps this process.
Baseless claims. No two humans are the same. If you want to claim hiring more girls will boost your ability to solve problem, you need a more concrete proof than that.

>Many women could be great at tech, but they have an impression that technology is for guys only. That image is bad for the industry, because then they need to hire some of the incompetent guys, that better girls could otherwise have replaced.
Or we could just, you know, with for more competent people to hire. They don't have to be girls.

>When you fill a room with guys, they get pretty competitive
>competitive is bad
I now feel bad for writing serious responses to your previous points.
>>
>>53535483
>When you fill a room with guys, they get pretty competitive and maybe even aggressive. They feel like they need to out *macho* each other. Throw in a girl, and the environment might calm down a bit.

This is a strawman, you were going so well. Groups of women have similiar problems with bitchiness, and this is a managerial problem of making sure your employees are a "cultural fit".

aka don't hire dickheads who feel the need to flex their muscles over a job.
>>
File: 1458174094149.jpg (46 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
1458174094149.jpg
46 KB, 480x690
>>53535478
>>
>>53535290
I was thinking about this the other day. I used to be against the whole push to get women in tech fields but now I'm thinking, why not let them try?

I'm still against quotas, lowering standards, preferential hiring based on gender etc. But really, if having women in tech means so much to whoever is doing this, just let them try. If it doesn't work (which I don't think it will because I honestly believe men and women are naturally inclined to have different interests) then maybe they'll realize it's pointless and stop trying.
>>
>>53535553
As long as my tax money are not going into this, let them try as much as they want.
>>
>>53535553
Touché good sir, touché.
>>
>>53535290
I would like more women in tech. Why the fuck not? But NO special treatment. Just be yourselves! No, we don't molest anybody at university, nor do we look at a woman and see a lower being who can't code their way out of a paper bag.

But... there is one way of pointing out the hypocrisy of these movements...

"Number of women in IT is too low. Meanwhile, number of women in mining, trash collecting services and welding is just fine."
>>
>>53535588
And a touché to you as well!
>>
have you forked https://github.com/karliekloss/hello-world-ruby-002?

reminder, if you're not forking this daiily, womyn will win the battle
>>
>>53535588
The funny thing is, all welding requires is a steady hand which NATURALLY both genders are quite capable of doing. The same with coders.

But there's very little female welders. So OBVIOUSLY the welding industry is full of sexist white misogynists and we need to encourage more women in welding starting at the grassroots level. Because there's simply NO WAY women just don't like the idea of welding. nosirree.
>>
>>53535512
>Baseless claims. No two humans are the same. If you want to claim hiring more girls will boost your ability to solve problem, you need a more concrete proof than that.

But in general guys and girls think much more differently than just two random guys. You get more diversity of opinions when hiring some women also.

>Or we could just, you know, with for more competent people to hire. They don't have to be girls.

Have an example. There are 50 people looking for a job. You need 10 good programmers. You find only 5 that fit your demands, but you still have to hire five more. You hire five that are not really good enough for you, but you can't get better. Of the 50 people looking for a job, only 5 were girls. Now if we get women interested in the industry, all the 45 guys will still be there looking for the job. However, you now have maybe 30 women also looking for the job. Then you again go through these people, and maybe you now found 7 that fit your needs, and you only have to hire 3 not so good people. Introducing more girls to tech makes the pool of possible workers larger, and so a larger amount of talented people can be found in the industry.

>>competitive is bad

Competition with your co-workers can be bad if you are working on the same project. I do see your point, and agree that some competition is needed, but you also can't sacrifice the working environment of the team for that.
>>
File: 1458202332756.jpg (100 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
1458202332756.jpg
100 KB, 600x911
>female
>welders
>>
>>53535657
>You get more diversity of opinions when hiring some women also.
If you want to claim hiring more girls will boost your ability to solve problem, you need a more concrete proof than that.

>Have an example.
Have an example. There are 50 people looking for a job. You need 10 good programmers. You find only 5 that fit your demands, but you still have to hire five more. You hire five that are not really good enough for you, but you can't get better. Now if we get more people interested in the industry, you now have maybe 25 persons also looking for the job. Then you again go through these people, and maybe you now found 7 that fit your needs, and you only have to hire 3 not so good people. Introducing more people to tech makes the pool of possible workers larger, and so a larger amount of talented people can be found in the industry.
>>
More women in the tech field = more competition = lower wages
More H1Bs in the tech field = more competition = lower wages

Hmm
>>
>>53535527
That is true, I admit,
>>
>>53535350
We need actual sexism to correct this perceived sexism obviously.
>>
I'm just gonna leave this here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
>>
because fuck relationships, we have software to make
>>
>>53535290
well at least they can get us coffee
>>
You just KNOW the Asian girl is the best coder there.
>>
As long as they're good at it, I don't mind.

Just don't change things.
>>
At least these people are actually trying to pursue a STEM field, rather than just complain about it being mostly men.
>>
>I really need a job to pay my bills
>look online for unskilled work
>lots of secretary, waitress jobs (female only)
>tfw
>>
>>53535290
>Why? What's the point?

So nerds can get their dick wet, the government realises there are too many virgins in tech and wants to do something about it.
>>
>>53535290
It's because women do the same work for less money.
>>
>>53536983
Makes sense.
>>
>>53536280
OH MY GOD
>>
>>53535290
No idea, I know plenty of trannies at work
>>
>>53536280
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
>>53537043
Yeah. Predictable. I had a doctor's office work with a primarily female staff and they acted the same way. Having these mono gender staff work sites suck and yes it comes down to managerial staff knowing how to diffuse these situation either via coaching or proper hiring to filter the "bad eggs".
>>
File: muh_feminism.jpg (1 MB, 1000x4624) Image search: [Google]
muh_feminism.jpg
1 MB, 1000x4624
>>53535290
This is what feminism actually believes
>>
Why isn't there a "women in plumbing" or "women on construction sites" movement?
After all both of these fields are probably 99% male.
>>
There needs to be moar male birthgivers imo
>>
>>53535290
>Why? What's the point?
finally be able to meet a girl and get laid
>>
>>53535290
the same reason women go in politics, at first and short sight it seems, they have some "value" they are at worst for the quotas to be field.
But later on you start to realize they are used by manipulative methods to disturb the community and the place they are in, so there is more place for passive-agressive type of terror and thus lowering the morale of the group. They naturally divide every community they are in, so the magemant is easier, and if they want to fire someone they don't have to deal with the bad feeling they had before, they do it on recommendation of the females at work.

Also they naturally spy on everyone, and its easy to acquire info from them.

Also if at the end of the day they actually do some quality work, they are cheaper and easier to maintain in the SHORT run. But hey, they are meant for such, as they sooner or later get to have children so they quit and never actually become senior with 120k salary.

Just read ANY book about workplace management from the 50's
>>
>>53537771
Because cunts only want the best for themselves. They are parasites who leech off men's hard work.

We must put them in their place again.
>>
So glad that Europe doesn't get to deal with this kind of shit
>>
File: serveimage3.jpg (115 KB, 647x741) Image search: [Google]
serveimage3.jpg
115 KB, 647x741
>>53537840
>>
File: wage lie.png (215 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
wage lie.png
215 KB, 816x1056
>>53535588
>"Number of women in IT is too low. Meanwhile, number of women in mining, trash collecting services and welding is just fine."

This always kills me. Feminism is sexist as fuck (the whole damn thing, not just the "vocal minority"). I can't believe the majority of people never see it. Willful ignorance is a hell of drug.
>>
>>53537868
>ANY book about workplace management from the 50's

Can you recommend any titles I can easily download online?
>>
>>53535290
Because fat neckbeards on 4chan hate inclusiveness. So fuck you, there isn't anything you can do about it. It won't increase your chance of getting laid either. Weebs
>>
File: 145643601445.jpg (74 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
145643601445.jpg
74 KB, 720x720
>>53535483
>When you fill a room with guys, they get pretty competitive and maybe even aggressive. They feel like they need to out *macho* each other. Throw in a girl, and the environment might calm down a bit.
>Computer geeks. Competative, _machos_ Thanks for the hard laugh. Look at /g/ - most computer guys here are autistic fucks who can't even look a girl in the eyes.

>Many women could be great at tech, but they have an impression that technology is for guys only. That image is bad for the industry, because then they need to hire some of the incompetent guys, that better girls could otherwise have replaced.
Yeah it's a fucking pity most of them want to be designers, models and nurses. Gender and women's studies is more sexy than the hard logic of cold, emotionless code. Women who want into STEM actually do STEM.

The rest is not even worth commenting.
>>
>>53535588
>"Number of women in IT is too low. Meanwhile, number of women in mining, trash collecting services and welding is just fine."
Those jobs are icky though.
>>
>>53535290
By increasing the number of people in a job field you depress wages. Women are also less focused on pay than men because they face different societal pressures, which also works to depress wages.

More women in tech means tech employers get to pay less
>>
File: feminist company.png (1 MB, 440x3784) Image search: [Google]
feminist company.png
1 MB, 440x3784
>>53535483
>>53535657

More women = more chance of pic related.

Meritocracy forever.
>>
>>53535290
Women want money and respect, but don't want to have to pave the road towards making a career lucrative or respectable. Essentially, nerds and programmers were and still remain social outcasts, but now that people see the kind of money they bring in, they want a piece of the action. Dorky white/asian men spent decades crammed into shitty office farms, with poor fluorescent lighting, slaving away to make computers and the internet into the backbone of modern society, now that the hard work is done, women and layabouts feel as though they are not only OWED a place at the table in these industries, but that there was some secret conspiracy keeping them out of them. Which completely disregards the fact that women and normies have been rejecting and belittling nerds since the dawn of time, but now that being a computer autist can make you money, they all of the sudden have an interest in the field.
>>
>Talking to girl
>"There need to be more women in STEM, it's dominated by men"
>Ask her why she majored in women's studies then instead of STEM
>Storms off
>>
File: freeman_right.jpg (72 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
freeman_right.jpg
72 KB, 800x598
>>53538697
>>
>>53535719
Also, groups of guys are generally pretty chill. Chuck in a girl, THEN you get the competition and out macho-ing and stuff
>>
Its part of the global elites ultrafeminist and sjw agenda.

The end goal is to cause conflict between men and women so they are busier fighting each other than threatening the government.
>>
They're not convincing me women are knowledgeable about technology when they don't realize that name is already taken
>>
>>53537771
Eww, those are icky. Computer jobs are nice and easy. You just have to sit at a computer all day and pretend to work. :)
>>
>>53538697
To add, I believe the best term for what you see today, with the push for women and minorities in STEM and computer related careers, is "rent seeking".
>>
>>53538697
Very astute.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.