[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora Rawhide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: fedora-logo-100528469-large.png (61 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
fedora-logo-100528469-large.png
61 KB, 580x388
Does anybody here use Fedora Rawhide? Does it break all the time? I run Arch on my other system so I can deal with unstable.

Also Fedora general I guess.
>>
redhat is better

*tips fedora*
>>
>>53533706
I am currently running fedora 23, was wondering how rawhide is.
>>
>>53533667
Fedora is free beta testing for redhat, use CentOS if you want the full product without support.
>>
Installed Fedora 23 with Cinnamon by accident. Both of em' is fucking trash.
>>
>>53533667
Yes, rawhide breaks all the time. The best Fedora advice, if you just want your shit to work flawlessly, is to always stay 1 version behind. You'll still be ahead of most of the linux world that way.

If not, at the very least wait 1 month before installing any new version. Bug fixes hit really hard during that period.
>>
>>53533937
>by accident
Do you rape women by accident too?
>>
>>53533941
Is it more unstable than Arch?
>>
>>53533667
How's the repos in Fedora as compared to Debian? Are there more packages or what?
I've heard Fedora gives better battery life in laptops so I've been looking into replacing Debian with Fedora on mine
>>
>>53533746
What if I want up to date software?
>>
>>53533992
Awful. They have a really restrictive free software policy and a lot of core software isn't available like ati display drivers
>>
>>53533963
It's less stable. Fedora is much more aggressive in features, experimental tech, etc...

I fucking despise Arch, but I have to admit it's more stable than Fedora.
>>
>>53533992
I have never used Debian, but I haven't had an issue with packages on Fedora yet. I added the RPM fusion repos though.
>>
>>53533992
Fedora's repo is tiny compared to Debian, but you'll likely find everything you'd actually ever really use.
>>
>>53534015
Oh alright, thanks for the info senpai.
>>
>>53533992
If you need multimedia and other programs, use rpmfusion.
>>
>>53533667
*tips*
>>
>>53533995
Then you stop using gnu/linux
>>
>>53533946
Na that anon is somewhat right - I remember I wanted lxde on mint at one point - and when I finished installing I observed it was MATE - I accidentally downloaded a different image.
>>
So you guys say that fedora packages are good but problematic since their tight restrictions and generally speaking Debian packages are a better option.

We have to also consider that Ubuntu is just polished Debian.

Also at this point in the past 3 months if you check all the benchmarks done on linux distros you will see that
Ubuntu and Fedora are the absolute top.

So just tell me this if you had to choose from Ubuntu and Fedora what would you pick at this point in time. ( Ubuntu core - you can take any spin to avoid spyware comments... )
>>
>>53535493
Solus with Shell
>>
>>53535531
Ty for feedback but not interested in any other distro at this point - I specified between Fedora and Ubuntu.
>>
Just upgraded to Rawhide yesterday. Will see how unstable it is.
>>
>>53535457
Use a rolling distro.....
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.