[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campus VPN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/ so my campus has finally installed hotspots everywhere around the campus (Yes I live in a 3rd world country ) using Nanostations and captive portals. My college is known to spy on students as in if you ever criticize them online on Facebook or whatever, they'll summon you to the dean's office and punish you accordingly. No freedom of speech or anything. My concern is is it safe to use their hotspots? Should I be worried about anything? What's the best way to protect my data? VPNS? Thanks in advance /g/bros.
>>
Use a VPN. I use psiphon. It just werks
>>
>>53533443
Won't it make my connection shit though?
>>
>>53533459
Doesn't seem to. Try it out.
>>
Depending on the country, atlir.org may have what you need
>>
>>53533374
Complain about this subject on Facebook on the hotspots without vpn and see if they still call you to the Deans office
>>
>>53533374
Which shithole do you live in dude?
>>
>>53533654
The connection is shit as its
>>53533654
Will try that. Thanks
>>53533743
I highly doubt that they'd even know what's a vpn
>>53533854
Iraq
>>
>>53534217
At least you don't live in Iran where we have ISP level filtering
>>
>>53534217
btw I'm not this guy >>53534290
I live in australia, and I'm this guy >>53533854

You should also find some way of getting out of that warzone. Well stay safe anyway.
>>
>>53534290
I've been there. It was so shitty. They blocked every fucking website.
>>53535012
How's Australia? Heard that you guys have shit Internet as well. If it was to me I'd leave in a heartbeat but I can't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.