[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm learning c++, whats the best compiler for windoze?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (4 KB, 333x151) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4 KB, 333x151
I'm learning c++, whats the best compiler for windoze?
>>
>>53533358
mingw-w64 if you use c++11
>>
Gcc or msvc
>>
Just go pirate visual studio enterprise
>>
>>53533606
You don't need to pirate it, they offer a ton of its features in VS Community.
>>
>>53533637
Pirate it anyway, It fucks them out of a few thousand bucks, plus I'm short on Microshaft anyway xDDDD
>>
>>53533358
Install gentoo
>>
codeblocks is good for beginners
>>
Watcom c++
>>
>>53533358
Visual Studio Enterprise of course.
>>
mingw

msvc doesn't have a good c++11 compiler
>>
>>53533358
doesn't fucking matter what you use if you're still learning and by the time you've learned enough you'll be able to answer your own question
>>
>>53533358
by hand
>>
gentoo + gcc

dumbass..
>>
>>53533358
Visual Studio if you actually want to get work done, if you are just fiddling around and not doing anything of significance and just doing hobby work go with anything really, codeblocks, online compilers, you can even use the GCC on unix based operating systems.
>>
>>53533675
This is literally useless to do that. You won't have any single use for the enterprise edition of VS, the community edition is far enough if you are not using it in your company with several other people. I'm the only programmer in my company, I got the enterprise edition and it only made it more bloated with things I have no use for.
Also, no, MS won't lose millions because of fucktards like you because their main customers are large companies, and the community edition is aimed at people like you, it makes no fucking difference what edition you use.
>>
>>53533358

Turbo C++
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.