[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>*knock knock* >go to open door >open door >it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: stallman and his wife.jpg (65 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
stallman and his wife.jpg
65 KB, 480x640
>*knock knock*
>go to open door
>open door
>it's RMS
>he's doing a speech near your location
>he has nowhere to stay, so he picked at random a house to see if he could stay
>this house happened to be yours
Do you let him stay with you?
>>
Yes but I won't give him the wifi password
>>
>>53533014
>get pic
>post on /g/
>neckbeards can't argue with me
>winbeards can't stop shitposting to actually make a point
>I pronouce myself as /g/ god
>think that was easy
>I get trampled by zebras
>>
i would have to ask my mom
>>
Yes but I'll keep the parrot far
>>
File: a.png (66 KB, 469x495) Image search: [Google]
a.png
66 KB, 469x495
>sure, come on in!
>drm'd music playing on the stereo attached to an ipod
>netflix on the tv
>ipad photo frame on the wall
>windows 10 running on an imac
>apple on the kitchen bench
>wife's son is wearing a "make america great again" cap, even despite not living in america
>>
>>53533067
dank
>>
>>53533178
>>sure, come on in!
>>drm'd music playing on the stereo attached to an ipod
>>netflix on the tv
>>ipad photo frame on the wall
>>windows 10 running on an imac
>>apple on the kitchen bench
>>wife's son is wearing a "make america great again" cap, even despite not living in america
>>53533178
>>drm'd music playing on the stereo attached to an ipod
>>netflix on the tv
>>ipad photo frame on the wall
>>windows 10 running on an imac
>>apple on the kitchen bench
>>wife's son is wearing a "make america great again" cap, even despite not living in america
Do you wanna get him murdered or get yourself murdered ?
>>
>>53533014
>Sure
>have to spend hours to wife explaining how RMS isn't some homeless guy
>she eventually gets it
>don't give him our wifi pass
>>
>>53533028
>>53533980

Stupid question, but

>don't give him the wifi password

Why?
>>
>>53533014
On the condition that he doesn't lecture me about my choices in software
>>
Pretty sure some part of my house isn't open source so he wouldn't knock anyway.
>>
File: biggest pleb.jpg (60 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
biggest pleb.jpg
60 KB, 409x409
>>53534747
Cause I don't want a degenerate watching CP on my network.
>>
>>53533014
I saw Richard Stallman at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>53533014
Why is his fap hand having a scar so ugly?
>>
I would show him my smartTV and smartFridge and smart electrical and gas meters and all the other home automation that isnt possible with open source because none of it seemlessly integrates in linux without hours and hours of configuring.
>>
>>53534930
My dick seemlessy integrates into you're moms but
>>
>>53533014
Fuck no. I only use Windows 10. Run him over with a car.
>>
>>53533014
did he get that scar defending free software?
>>
>>53534970
he actually fell off a stage during one of his university talks, so in a way, yes he was defended open source and free software
>>
>>53533053
>/g/ god
>not /g/od
>>
No. Pedophiles aren't welcome in my home.
>>
No, god, no

Reason is simple - i have a parrot
and he's a known parrot sexual offender, even admits it himself that he had sex with a bird
>>
>>53535097
where do you sleep, then?
>>
>>53535133
With your lil sis.
>>
>>53535157
my sister is older than me
>>
>>53535171
underage b&
>>
File: wrong.jpg (127 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
127 KB, 1024x576
>>53533014
> cockatiel

Why is RMS so based?
>>
>>53535181
i'm 26, she's 28
>>
>>53535106
Kek'd
>>
>>53535133
Simply ebin
>>
>>53535171
I would fuck you if you even tried getting near me, son. Love me a diaper.
>>
>>53533014
He wouldn't do that. Read up on his website, RMS has VERY high demands for the room he's staying in, temperature can only be off by a few degrees Fahrenheit, he has very strict demand for how dry the air has to be and whatnot.
>>
>>53535209
Me, too with my sister.
>>
>>53535304
>I am willing to stay in a hotel if there is no other way. Please book the hotel for me and arrange to pay the hotel directly.

>But please DON'T make a hotel reservation until we have fully explored other options. If there is anyone who wants to offer a spare couch, I would much rather stay there than in a hotel (provided I have a door I can close, in order to have some privacy). Staying with someone is more fun for me than a hotel, and it would also save you money.

>Above 72 fahrenheit (22 centigrade) I find sleeping quite difficult. (If the air is dry, I can stand 23 degrees.) A little above that temperature, a strong electric fan blowing on me enables me to sleep. More than 3 degrees above that temperature, I need air conditioning to sleep.

>If there is a substantial chance of indoor temperatures too hot for me, please arrange _in advance_ for me to have what I need.

>If you are planning for me to stay in a hotel, DO NOT take for granted that the hotel has air conditioning—or that it will be working when I arrive. Some hotels shut off their air conditioning systems for part of the year. They often think it is unnecessary in seasons when the temperature is usually in the mid 20s—and they follow their schedule like stupid robots even if there is a heat wave.

>So you must explicitly ask them: "Do you have air conditioning? Will it be functioning for the dates XXX-YYY?"

>In some hotels with central air conditioning, it simply does not work very well: it can make a room less hot, but can't make it cool. Before using a hotel that has central air conditioning, find out what temperature it can actually lower a room to, during the relevant dates.
>>
>>53533014
Yeah, why not. We have a granny flat in the back yard he can crash in.
>>
File: lies (2).png (52 KB, 173x276) Image search: [Google]
lies (2).png
52 KB, 173x276
>>53534845
I know that creepypasta
>>
>>53535304
it's March
he could just open a window to adjust the temperature to his needs
>>
File: BTrxALmCcAAfdP_.jpg (69 KB, 600x804) Image search: [Google]
BTrxALmCcAAfdP_.jpg
69 KB, 600x804
Challenge him to a bulgarian folk dance-off, he's supposedly really good at it.
>>
>>53535333
what a picky fucker
>>
>>53536166
>rms using windows
>>
>"sure come on in"
>wait until he's through the threashhold
>unload my Glock into him
>call police
>tell them some crazy homeless dude tried to force his way into my house and I had to defend myself with lethal force
>they come, take my statement and leave
>I crack a beer, and play some Witcher 3 on my Windows 10 PC all the while pleased with myself for killing a communist, as is the duty of every real American

Only right answer
>>
>"hey anon what's the wifi password"
>"well you see mr stallman, my wifi network is open source so there is no password"
>"oh my god that's genius"
>>
>>53536122
newfag
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (215 KB, 1264x621) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
215 KB, 1264x621
>>53536347
I've been here since 2008 you absolute cunt
>>
>>53533014
as long as we can have civil debates and you don't try to shill me on the magic of *nix/gnu

sure
>>
Actually he did give out a speech at my uni, but I was too lazy to wake up early and attend.
Besides there isn't much I have/want to learn from a speech.

If he asked to sleep here, I'd let him sleep at the common area in the dorm, but he sure as hell can't use my bathroom.
>>
>>53536235
underrated post
>>
>>53533014
>Do you let him stay with you?
Yes and then I proceed to show him my two Windows 10 computers, my Windows Phone, the fact that I use Skype, Office and almost all Microsoft services and that I'll never use Free Shitware ever.
>>
>>53533014
Yep, but he will have to take a shower first.
>>
Uhh, yeah. Assuming I have a 'house' and not just a 'room'.
>>
>>53533014
Of course I'd let the Stallgod stay at my place. And if my girl was into big guys, I'd probably go the extra mile and share like a true gentleman.
>>
>>53536754
>a shower
You really think that's enough? If he wanted to even enter my home, he would be required to be showered in every anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-radioactive etc. substance in existence and after that wear at least ten Level A hazmat suits.
>>
Ask if it's free. Attend if it is.
>>
>>53536235
toppest of fucking keks
>>
>>53533014
I had a fucking dream about rms tonight.

>be me
>uni
>some lecture
>I am early, my right seat is empty
>rms comes in late, sits next to me
>he looks different in my dream - short hair, young
>I greet him, overcome by joy
>try to hug him / shake his hand or some shit - I don't remember, basically just human contact
>he fucking jerks back
>acts strange, murmurs something like "I should have known, this guy"
>ohshit ohshit, rms doesn't like me, I made a bad impression - it's fucking him and he sits next to me
>check my clothes
>I'm wearing my fucking Behemoth shirt with an upside down cross
>panic
>dream ends

this happened 1:1, felt really weird
>>
Yes, but first he has to make FSF initiative to make open source CAD software that doesn't suck.

If you reply with anything that uses open cascade, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>53539121
>>53536754
>>53536555
>>53534784
>>53533980

This, also with the condition to make the rest of the FSF sites look as shiny and new as the Guile pages.
>>
>>53533014
so when do you think that giant sphere protruding from his stomach is going to kill him?
>>
File: 1456678137879.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1456678137879.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>53533178
>>wife's son
>>
>>53536228
>Aspi
>>
>>53536287
>metaphoric backstabbing
the american way
>>
>>53534845
Old, old pasta but it made me chuckle imagining it.
>>
File: No..gif (81 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
No..gif
81 KB, 200x210
>>53533014
OH HELL NO.
>>
>>53533014
I go back inside and come out with my windows surface pro and slap him yelling "THE POWER OF PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE COMPELS YOU TO STOP BEING A HIPPY AND GET A JOB"

Then tell him to answer me in spanish.
>>
No, I'd tell him to get a real job.
>>
yeah why not?
>>
I've got a dog, so he'd be too terrified to come inside.
>>
>>53542833
The dog?
>>
File: 123.jpg (13 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
13 KB, 300x169
>>53534798
>open source
>>
>>53534845
classic pasta
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.