[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought myself an Audio-Technica AT2020USB plus, opting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I just bought myself an Audio-Technica AT2020USB plus, opting for the USB version because I'm poor and didn't want to buy a pre-amp. It's a beautiful microphone, however, the mic is VERY quiet in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea on how to get proper gain/volume control in Windows 10, or should I just revert back to Windows 7?
>>
It works well on my machine, it's even pretty loud.
Maybe check your driver.
Also, do you use it correctly? This mic is cardioid I think which mean you can't use it any side you want.
>>
>>53530865
Are you running Windows 10? I have the microphone about a foot away from my mouth, with levels set to 75% in Windows settings, and it barely picks up my voice. I have to use external software just to make it loud enough, and it's very muffled and distorted at that point.
>>
>>53530900
I'm on Windows 10 yes.
And how is the mic oriented? The capsule in the mic that capt the sounds is on the front, it won't pickup sounds very well if you use it on the other side.
>>
>>53530969
I have it oriented properly. I currently have it vertically mounted as it seems to be slightly louder than mounted in the picture, but it's still unacceptably low. I have to essentially eat my microphone for it to sound decent.
>>
>>53531067
you have the audio-technica logo faced toward you?
>>
>>53531129
Yes. I'm installing Win7 on a virtual machine real quick, to see if it's remotely better. I don't mind rolling back, it's a relatively fresh install of Win10 to begin with.
>>
>>53530718
Welcome to Windows, if you think Linux has meme sound drivers, at least they work, in contrast with Windows/Maudio/Avid.
>>
It's fucked man. I have the same exact setup and there's really not a ton you can do.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/low-usb-microphone-recording-volume-at2020-windows/6c63e3a3-e200-4c4c-997f-ebca42402b2c?auth=1

Thread about it on Windows support. It's been fucked since Windows 8 and they only acknowledged it a little bit last year and haven't said shit about it since.
>>
Formatted and installed Windows 7 and all is good. Sounds much much much better.
>>
sm58 on a mic stand masterrace
>>
>>53530718
I happen to own the same mic which i bought at the music store i work at.
I use windows 10 at home.
Personally i have never had an issue with it, although i have heard complaints about windows 10 audio drivers not functioning properly throuh usb3.0 ports with usb2.0/legacy hardware.
Maybe try a different usb slot, specifically a 2.0?
Alternatively, you can try emulating the software through windows' compatibility manager.
>>
>>53530718
>the mic is VERY quiet in Windows 10

Why you would even use this os, silly millennials.
>>
File: SKU159158-22336%20%282%29.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SKU159158-22336%20%282%29.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>53531928
>chinese 8$ mic just werks
chinks >>> ??
>>
>buying the version that costs more
Earn some money and buy an audio interface and the XLR version of the mic.
>>
>>53530718
I got myself a steinberg ur22mkii for this microphone in xlr and my guitar.

I can produce uncomfortable levels of audio with this microphone just by talking at normal volume.

You pretty much did it wrong.
>>
behringer xm8500. is nice for price
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.