[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a degree the only option to get into the tech industry I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
Is a degree the only option to get into the tech industry I'm 18 and would like to become a computer system analyst one day is it doable without a bachelors degree?
>>
>>53529972
Yes, just be prepared to start at the bottom and work up from there.
>>
>>53530010
I never completed Year 12 I'm from Australia I could always do a Diploma of Information Networking at a place called TAFE it's a place above high school but below university it would get me into a bachelors degree and take a year off of it.
>>
>>53530137

Why noy just get a job and do goto school?

I work full time and school fulltime. Online classes help with scheduling .
>>
>>53530010

working hard is pretty pointless if you work in help desk, maybe if the company encourages you to apply to other jobs in the company. I usually assume they're lying at that point.
>>
>>53530010
>>53530162
>>53530366
Thanks for the replies guys I'm thinking a bachelor degree is the way to go and majoring in system admin.
>>
>>53530010
>>53529972

No, no such thing as Sys Analyst with no degree.
>>
>>53530498
Thanks for the information looks like I'm going to university lucky I'm still young.
>>
>>53530498

Does this mean a bachelor's specifically or an associates?
>>
advice if you are going for certs don't get too many at once. It's apparently a huge red flag when you have like six certs or very little experience
>>
>>53530634

*six certs and very little experience
>>
>>53530498
not true, by the way
>>
>>53529972
My mom worked in a school and they where looking for a new IT manager, so she recommended me, I didn't even finish college. I don't do duck shit there, except connecting projectors and installing windows or powerpoint every now and then, my pay is always the same, every month, 1100 eur, no matter what I do, usually I don't even have to go in, small school and at least its something to put on my CV.
>>
File: CdNjvFwWAAAWh-y.jpg (34 KB, 245x471) Image search: [Google]
CdNjvFwWAAAWh-y.jpg
34 KB, 245x471
>26 and deciding if I should do a bachelor in IT

I don't think I'm smart enough for computer science and I already work in service desk...But, the company is shit and has no interest in helping people progress. It's a dead end and I'm not satisfied. I just want to get into roles that pay OK money for a comfy life and are semi-interesting/challenging.

Stuff like BI and data warehousing pays 100k - 120k here. I don't know what that involves though...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.