[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X201 screen eye fatigue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: thinkpad x201.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad x201.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
I bought one of these as you suggested as a secondary laptop and installed Linux on it but now I find that using it for a few hours causes my eyes to start hurting. Something about the screen must be wrong because I only get it when I use this laptop. Any suggestions?
>>
Workout your eyes, do you even blink?
I bet you dont even know what whey is..
>>
sell it

stop falling for /g/ memes
>>
>>53528629
This.
>>
>>53528629
>>53528656
found the macfags
>>
File: Fucking_White_Males.jpg (68 KB, 198x341) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_White_Males.jpg
68 KB, 198x341
>>53528661
>>
>>53528613
Try f.lux
>>
>>53528629

I had two T60s before and never had this problem.

>>53528683

I don't think that will matter since I get eye strain even if I use it during the day and don't use it in the dark. I'll give it a shot at nighttime anyway, maybe it can reduce blues.
>>
>>53528613
>buying a chinkpad
>buying a shitpad
>buying a Chinese government spying machine
>buying the worst laptops available

You get what you deserve.
>>
No shit, the screen is beyond terrible.
>>
>>53528613
Why did you get a laptop with a shit screen
>>
>>53528748

/g/ and the ThinkPad guide told me to. I didn't know it had a shit screen, what should I look for?
>>
>>53528613
I like trains
>>
>>53528798
HP zBooks
>>
>>53528982

I meant what kind of screen.
>>
File: pwm.jpg (43 KB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
pwm.jpg
43 KB, 300x262
OP if you're still here you should take a look at this: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pulse_width_modulation.htm

The tl;dr is that actually implementing brightness changes on LED displays is hard, so many screens just flash the backlight on and off quickly enough to fool people's eyes. But some laptop screens flicker too slowly to work perfectly and cause issues with eye strain.

There's a fix for it on laptops running Linux: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=159817
>>
>>53529054

I'm still here.

I will give that a try. Hopefully it works with Xubuntu.
>>
>>53528613
Upgrade to an IPS screen anon, it's literally the only way to make an X2xx series thinkpad not shit.
>>
>>53528613
Try turning down the brightness and installing redshift.
>>
>He fell 1336x768 meme
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
>>
Same problem here. I experience the same feeling of dried eyes with my x201 as I have with my 15 years old LCD monitor.

I reduce the shit of the brightness and dark colors in my terminal when I still want to look at the screen for hours.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.