[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all modern printers designed poorly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1456455912854.jpg (20 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1456455912854.jpg
20 KB, 240x228
Why are all modern printers designed poorly?
>>
>>53528272
ask pajeet
>>
>>53528314
HP deskjeet seriesĀ®
>>
All the hardware is different which means drivers are all different which means programming them is a big job that's underfunded

that's about it
>>
>>53528272
Because it is shit technology.
If you want better printers you have to get more precise motors, finer ink etc.. Everything just adds to the cost.
I don't see why the drivers are shit though.
You'd think that printing something accurately and without scaling should be an easy task since both papers and PDF files are simple standards.
>>
They're built like total shit too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMcTFUJYMGI
>>
Planned obsolescence
>>
>>53528529
>not using 9000 parts is bad
>>
to make cheap ass printers so that you buy the expensive ink
>>
File: 1434565426050.jpg (148 KB, 458x548) Image search: [Google]
1434565426050.jpg
148 KB, 458x548
>>53528272
>tfw you can just buy a new printer and save money rather than buying ink refills.
literally makes no sense.
>>
Because no one prints shit
>>
File: a.jpg (21 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
21 KB, 600x400
>>53528617
get a CISS

- cheap as shit ink refills
- huge tanks last way longer without needing replacement/refilling
- pays for itself in no time if you print a lot
>>
>>53528617
Except the cartridges in the new printer have much less ink than than normal ones
>>
>>53528682
How does that work together with printers that store the cartridge capacity not in the cartridge?
>>
File: a.png (3 KB, 329x148) Image search: [Google]
a.png
3 KB, 329x148
>>53528723
mine has chip-less cartridges
the ink level goes down, but then just sits there
pic related, they've been like that for a couple years

if your printer has a CISS available for it, then there naturally must be a way to avoid issues in that regard
>>
>>53528773
I have a more than 10 year old hp inkjet, no idea if they even sell a CISS for it any more

How is the quality of prints? Can the ink dry out? How expensive is it compared to real cartridges?
>>
>>53528806
>I have a more than 10 year old hp inkjet
it just has to be using the same cartridge type as a ciss provides

>How is the quality of prints?
i'm using a rihac ciss, the quality is pretty much the same as the originals, now that said, i'm not printing anything fancy with it

>Can the ink dry out?
i guess it's possible, but considering how long i've had this for i wouldn't worry about it if you print reasonably often
they do have a filtered air intake on top of the tanks, so it wouldn't be impossible for them to dry out
i got mine a bit over 2 years ago and haven't refilled them yet

>How expensive is it compared to real cartridges?
the initial set for my printer cost AU$122 (comes filled with 100mL of each color)
a full set of four 100mL bottles of this type sells for AU$50
a set of four original cartridges costs about AU$110, and from what i've found, are 25mL for black, and 12mL each color
so yea, way cheaper
>>
>>53528339
Hewstreet Pookard
>>
I just get the non genuine HP/Brother ink for my respective printers of of Amazon. Works just as well and is like 7 times cheaper.

O don't know how expensive it is now, but when I first went to staples and saw how expensive that Brother ink was a few years back I nearly had a heart attack.
Not to mention they make it so that if one cartridge is "done" (it usually actually has like 20% left in it), it would print at all, regardless of the levels of the other cartridges.

In all honesty this kind of unabashed and blatant jewery should literally be illegal.
>>
>>53529198
>>
>>53529227

lets use our blood to save costs
>>
>>53529227
>bottled water costs more than crude oil
>they dont even have to pump it out of the ground, just turn on a tap
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>53529312
people pay a lot of money for convenience
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.