[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, with all the automatic "upgrades" to windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sweaty.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sweaty.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
Hi /g/, with all the automatic "upgrades" to windows 10 going on, I'm really desperate to find a way to prevent this from happening to me. Anyone have a nice step by step guide?
>>
>>53527311
1. Disable Windows updates
2. Kill yourself.
>>
>>53527556
B-but that would disable ALL updates. I just want the ones that will install Windows 10.
>>
>>53527771
2. Kill yourself.

Stop wasting time.
>>
>>53527311
>Hi /g/, with all the automatic "upgrades" to windows 10 going on, I'm really desperate to find a way to prevent this from happening to me. Anyone have a nice step by step guide?

Google "GWX control panel"
Install same
Click appropriate button(s)
Done
>>
>>53527311
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page
>>
>>53527887
You're a wonderful person, anon. I absolutely completely adore you. Thank you!

>>53527861
No thank you.

>>53527914
That's too hard for a simple gal like me.
>>
File: 1446381945817.jpg (9 KB, 230x157) Image search: [Google]
1446381945817.jpg
9 KB, 230x157
>>53527311
>>
how long are we going to get panicked faggot windows users trying to avoid windows 10?
>>
>>53527311
Wipe that shit, install a GNU/Linux distro like a sane person.
>>
Takeown of *\Windows\System32\GWX
Delete the files there or rename file extensions
Disable Windows update completely
Go through registry, delete keys or values having to do with GWX(use ctrl+f)[Backup the registry before this]

Or you could just get the GWX control panel
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.