[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
homemade teleprompter for laserdisc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 4chan thread thumbnail.jpg (133 KB, 1892x1058) Image search: [Google]
4chan thread thumbnail.jpg
133 KB, 1892x1058
You weebs might get a kick out of this, my literal autist friend came up with a fairly clever solution to watching Japanese Laserdiscs with subtitles. He built his own teleprompter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9_yJYNos4
>>
File: 1437537596172.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1437537596172.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>53525179
p neat desu
>>
>>53525179
And this could be expanded to other media with no integrated subtitles, I guess
>>
pretty neat, though personally, i'd just 'rip' the laserdiscs to a digital format, then mux in subtitles and use those instead
>>
>>53526409

Kinda defeats the purpose of the Laserdiscs then.

Also that means you have to wait for the entire show to play before you can watch anything, and you are now using HDD space.
>>
>>53526457
>Kinda defeats the purpose of the Laserdiscs then.
not really, you can quite easily preserve the quality level with modest file sizes

another option would be to use a tv tuner in a computer, that way you can overlay the subs over the video as its coming through from the laserdisc player
>>
>>53526535
>not really, you can quite easily preserve the quality level with modest file sizes

No the point is my friend could have just ripped the same show off the Internet with the subs integrated anyway, but he wants to watch the analog medium be played back live.

>another option would be to use a tv tuner in a computer, that way you can overlay the subs over the video as its coming through from the laserdisc player

That actually is a better idea.
>>
>>53526587
>he wants to watch the analog medium be played back live.
i figured, though they could be things hard to find rips of
>>
>>53526616
His last purchase was the first Pokemon movie, so no.
>>
>>53526626
heh, idk, was just a thought
nothing wrong with wanting to use the original media
>>
>>53525179
Why do you not just learn Japanese?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.