[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
METAVERSE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
When is the metaverse coming? Are there any good mmo's or online communities for VR?
>>
Who knows
>>
>>53521562
I don't know when it will come but I can tell you where, if it's like most of us it will probably be in your mom.
>>
File: projectsansar.jpg (961 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
projectsansar.jpg
961 KB, 1920x1080
I'm still waiting. all you can download from the oculus store is worth playing for like 10 minutes.

lindenlab is creating some sort of secondlife. check it out:
http://www.lindenlab.com/releases/linden-lab-invites-first-virtual-experience-creators-to-project-sansar-testing
>>
File: 1454946813858.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1454946813858.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>53522313
>>
>>53521562
If you die in the metaverse do you die in real life?
>>
>>53522547
>If you die in the metaverse do you die in real life?
The real question is if you bang OP's mom in the metaverse do you bang her in real life?
>>
>>53521562
i really liked convrge but they dropped development because of infrastructure reasons

http://www.convrge.co/

Altspace is a viable alternative though.

the true contenders will be pushed from oculus and htc themselves though which will feature much advanced features compared to those indie projects of ongoing vr rooms.
>>
What is Second Life Alex.
>>
Altspace seems like the best one out right now, it even supports cross platform play.. But it has barely any players
>>
>>53521562
The only good places were the meant to be seen 3d forums and the oculus subreddit (kickstarter era, pre-facebook buyout)

mtbs3d died when the owner entered full shill mode and tried to ask people for money in order to post on his forum and on top of that he tried to create an organization with the help of a bunch of small companies in order to create "standards" for VR. All the enthusiats, developers,etc went to the oculus sub-reddit, things were actually good believe me or not, but then Steam announced the Vive and the subreddit wen to complete shit. That thing now is /v/ on steroids.
>>
File: Game Logo.jpg (5 KB, 220x233) Image search: [Google]
Game Logo.jpg
5 KB, 220x233
>>53521562
I will be impressed when someone will manage to create something like pic related.
>>
File: sup.gif (637 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
sup.gif
637 KB, 500x284
youre in one op
>>
Worlds.com is the metaverse.
>>
If you clog a toilet in the metaverse, can a plumber cross dimensions to plung your metaturd?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.