[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fury X or gtx 980ti?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: furyxvs980ti.jpg (552 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
furyxvs980ti.jpg
552 KB, 2560x1440
Hello /g/, I want to buy a new gpu. I decided to get 980ti or fury X. Which one should i get?
>>
>>53516693

neither, wait for polaris/pascal
>>
>>53516693
Neither, now please go away.
>>
Wait for 14nm + HBM2.
>>
>>53516693
For 4k, Fury X.

Fury X should me fore future proof with DX12, it'll have much better performance in the long run. But as of right now, the 980 Ti is superior.

You'll have to wait until 2017 for HBM2. Polaris 10 should be about equivalent to the Fury and will be released later this year, but with much lower power consumption. It should be cheaper too. And it'll be out in a few months. So it's up to you.
>>
>>53516834
>4gb
>4k
AMD FANGAY DETECTED
>>
>>53516717
>being waitfag after polaris/pascal confirmed for not having HBM2
>>
>>53516950
>muh vram
retard detected
>>
>>53516782
>waiting 3 years
>>
>>53516693
Neither wait 3 months for the new GPUs
>>
>>53516965
GDDR5X is still going to be a decent upgrade
>>
>>53516950
>look mom I'm trolling 4chan!
>>
Nvidia jewed us. you'll want a Pascal card for DX 12 and the VRAM eventually.
but the good news is that the 980/ti will stay relatively the same value.
so you can sell off your 980 and get a Pascal for relatively inexpensive.
>>
>>53516693
Go nvidia because AMD's linux drivers are shit
>>
>>53517028
pretty sure that's more a question of who has less shitty drivers
>>
>>53517028
>Have Nvidia card and Linux.
>Install nouveau drivers because muh freedom.
>Can't drive1440p/144Hz display without flickering no matter what modeline I give xrandr.
>Install proprietary drivers instead.
>Realise I'm going to need DKMS as I periodically swap in custom kernels for fun projects like vfio.
>X breaks every few weeks with updates requiring me to fuck around in the TTY for 20 minutes to get the Nvidia kernel module working.

T-thanks Nvidia. If they just helped rather than actively opposed open source drivers this wouldn't be a problem.

With linux, NVidia are malicious and AMD are incompetent. Intel is the best option and is more than good enough for running riced WMs and viewing Vietnamese flipbooks. If you want vidya a PCI passthrough'd windows VM is the way to go.
>>
do you plan to keep it less than a year, 980ti
do you plan to keep it longer than a year, fury x

nvidia ages like milk.
>>
>>53516693
Wait for 7nm and HBM4 or preferably for Quantum Computer if you are not impatient fag
>>
Should i just buy a sapphire fury nitro and sell my 390 to wait for vega10? I dont want to buy polaris because of gddr5 or gddr5x. The fury non x (only xfx and gigabyte fury) just got down in price from 600 to 440€ and 470€. I would wait for the sapphire fury to also get down to the 420-480€ range. I dont want nvidia because i have a freesync monitor (30-90hz 1440p)
>>
>>53518410
I'm in the same position. I have a Sapphire 390 Nitro and a 27" 144Hz display.

I'll wait until benchmarks for Polaris 10 are out. I still expect it to be faster than the Fury cards.
>>
>>53517423

This is lie

fact: They are both stronk, but why bust a nut now, when you can have 72 virgins in a couple of months?
>>
>>53516965
What's hbm2?
>>
Bought that 980Ti last July, feel slight regret.
>>
Ok a retarded question here but, how can the FuryX be that small but able to do 4k and stuff.
>>
>>53519832
It's using HBM instead of DDR5 RAM. HBM is stacked memory that is put on the GPU die.

Also, AMD makes by far the better hardware than Nvidia. They just suck at the software part.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.