[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your smartphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13
File: space grey.png (134 KB, 418x345) Image search: [Google]
space grey.png
134 KB, 418x345
>something you like about it
>something you don't like about it

iPhone 6S (Space Grey, 64GB).

iOS. It's optimized incredibly well, and I have not used a phone as polished as this.

While I don't have the 16GB base model, I feel sorry for anyone who purchases that model. Shame on Apple for that.

Absolutely the best phone I have ever used, and I have owned plenty of Android phones. Nothing compares. 2GB of RAM on this beast runs better than either version of the Galaxy S7.
>>
LG G4

>literally perfect in every way
>except LG jewed on the 6.0 Marshmallow update by blocking the microSD internal storage formatting

So fucking close

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Nexus 5 (32GB)
>good budget phone
>no mSD slot
>>
LG Stylo

Like:
The 5" big screen and the quality of this phone was amazing considering how cheap it was. Only around $300

Dislike: The quality of data speed is really poor. Calls drop all the time, and the keys is horrible with swipe and only recognizes words Im really careful about typing
>>
Xperia Z3 Compact

+Small, waterproof, pretty decent stock ROM if you mod and flash gapps

-Stock rom is basically the only option, CM12 and 13 both suck. Kinda slippery without the case
>>
iPhone 5S (16GB, iFag White)

Secure
I warped the shit out of it.
>>
>>53515891
iphone 6 64gb
when I don't use it the battery life is amazing
ios is fucking horrible to use
>>
>>53515891
Moto E (1st Gen)

Like: It's cheap, and I prefer the size to some of the bigger phones now.

Dislike: Doesn't last long; randomly powers off, boot loops, just general battery issues, and my SD card slot just kicked out (there's only 4 GB of internal).

Still, it was a pretty good first phone for my transition away from Apple.
>>
>>53515891
M9 Gunmetal Grey

>something I like
Its a fucking gorgeous phone, amps in the dac are awesome
>something I dont
it gets fucking hot, its front camera is better than its rear
>>
>>53516223
My Moto E gets crazy fucking hot. Got a case the size of a brick, so I can't feel it anymore.
>>
>>53515891
>While I don't have the 16GB base model, I feel sorry for anyone who purchases that model. Shame on Apple for that.
Why? I'm using a moto g 2013 and still have more than half of the 16gbs storage free.
>>
Nexus 6
>its a comfortable phone to hold and use.
>it can't launch the camera after 6.0 without crashing it a dozen times first
>>
>>53515891
Samsung Galaxy s4 w/ 32gb SD

Comfy phone for all my everyday needs.
Comfy phone for shitposting on the train and watching tv shows/anime
I got a for free

Battery is shit
2gb causes shit to crash time to time with loilpop
Phone call drops, cant tell if it the carries fault or not
>>
>>53516308
You probably don't play shitty mobile games.
That's what is eating up everyones' storage now. Download a 30MB APK and then it downloads another GB in game resources.
>>
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

I like the Edge concept. I like the 16:10 screen and SPen. The battery life is nothing to complain about.

Since 5.1.1 the AlarmManager isn't being accurate when I call a setExactAlarm. The favorites Edge bar frequently doesn't respond when I tap a folder to open and is far to easy to accidentally swipe to the next bar.
>>
>>53516385
>mobile games
Cancer.
>>
>>53515891
Why can't mods just ban fucking appfags?
>>
>>53515891
I regret it. Nokia hardware is excellent as always, but the sort of shit MicroShit is doing with their mobile platform is just ridiculous. They killed Photobeamer, they killed MixRadio and now they also killed HERE Maps. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>53516447
because tripfag opinions are invalid by default. stop begging for attention, nobody cares about you.
>>
LG G3, running CM12.1
I love it. I have the screen running at 720p, which helps battery life massively, and have it over clocked to 2.88Ghz
Smooth as fuck
>>
>>53515926
>except LG jewed on the 6.0 Marshmallow update by blocking the microSD internal storage formatting
What do you mean by formatting, you can't format the microSD inside the phone? What's the problem then? Format it with your PC.
>>
>>53517178
6.0 has a feature where you can properly expand the system storage to the SD so that the SD will act as system storage (Apps will install properly to it etc) but it requires that the SD card be fully encrypted like the internal storage which means you can't take the SD card out and put it in a computer to load it with files or really swap them around.

LG and Samsung both decided that most people who want SD cards want to be able to take them out and plug them into a computer so didn't implement the system storage expansion feature of 6.0
>>
>>53515891
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 (black)

Very cheap,fast and a decent screen.

Need's more RAM, on/off button is in a stupid place and too sensitive, come crippled with bloatware (can be fixed though).
>>
>>53517213
Oh and a shitty shitty battery. That's the only thing that's makes me want a different phone.
>>
>>53517212
Huh. Well you can install CM on G4 and have that feature.
>>
Xiaomi Redmi note 2 (16gb)

Cheap as fuck, microSD slot, nice display.

Battery life is quite meh. Just barely make it through the day.
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-s-advance.jpg (12 KB, 139x184) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s-advance.jpg
12 KB, 139x184
Galaxy S advance.. Yes an S advance.
A dual core 1.0 Ghz processor
600 Mb onboard RAM
Super AMOLED 480x800
Also rooted, currently running a cyanogen 11 rom
(kitkat 4.4.4)
>>
>>53517213
I just got a Mi3 for 99 eur, second hand but in literally brand new condition and with 2 cases and 3 screen protectors.
Unless you got that shit for less than 30 bucks you have no excuse.
>>
oneplus 2
>>
>>53515891

Same as you op, only mine is gold. Had the 16gb space grat and switched immediately.
>>
HTC One M9, 32GB + 128GB mSD

I never thought I'd use the boomsound but my god it's brilliant.
>>
>>53516223
What are you doing that your phone gets fucking hot? I was actually considering the m9 because of dual front facing speakers (and good audio quality overall).
Do you play very demanding games?
>>
>>53517488
Why the fuck would you buy a phone with 810 and not play demanding games?
Also, 810 gets hot from watching videos.
>>
>>53517515
some people just don't give a a shit about games anon. Thanks for the feedback though.
>>
>>53515891
Nexus 5

>best software support ever
>almost 3 years passed from its launch and it's still not obsolete.
>cheap
>best quality-price ratio in the entire world

Down sides:
>no microSD (like almost all modern phones)
>>
>>53517533
>some people just don't give a a shit about games anon.
I can understand that. But then what's the point of getting a high-end SoC like 810, 820, 7420 or even 808?
>>
>>53517608
What games you got on your phone?
>>
>>53518614
I don't have a phone.
>>
Moto G 2015

>battery, lasts all day, charges fast
>screen is a little sensitive, sometimes I click stuff I don't want to

No raegrts though
>>
>Meizu m2 note
>amazing battery life, great screen, SD card slot/dual SIM
>sometimes laggy, no custom rom's
>>
Nexus 5 32gb

>cheap, unstoppable, always fast
>photos in low low light
>>
>>53515891
LG G2
Good
>Lasted me for a very long time
>Managed to hold up through all these years. Not slow in the slightest.
>Dropped it numerous times without a case or screen protector without any cracks on the screen
>Love the button layout on the back
>Camera is ok
Bad
>Battery is kind of poor
>The display and digitizer are starting to give out due to age
>The glue holding the screen together is coming apart as well as a result of...
>The phone gets way too hot under the lightest of tasks (wasn't always the case)
>No expandable memory

Overall, I hate to say it, but it has been my most reliable smart phone by far. A lot of the issues are the result of the phone just being years old already. Will upgrade to a new phone soon. Maybe I will get the LG G5 (The phone looks really ugly though).
>>
Xperia L

>nice size, really decent battery, the stock rom is quite nice, too
>was abandoned on 4.2 by Sony; forced to use buggy Cyanogenmod builds to stay secure. The front camera is also really bad, but I never use it anyway.
>>
Z3C

Like:
- everything other than what I don't like

Don't like:
- shit digitizer
- voice call quality could be better, sounds thin compared to iphone
- rear slippery as fuck, needs rear film protector to stop sliding around
- shit quality rear camera lens, scratches from just looking at it
- no global equalizer after 5.1.1. update
- RF performance a tad worse than iphone
- no polarity protection on magnetic port, really easy to ruin phone with cheap non-oem cables

Personal preference but would kill for Z3C style phone with landscape qwerty, that would also add much needed thickness for more comfortable grip
>>
File: IMG_5442.jpg (952 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5442.jpg
952 KB, 2500x1667
yotaphone 2
>something you like about it
the obvious dual screen, you can use your normal android on e-ink. beside that it also a pretty decent phone 5inch 1080p, quick and wireless charge, marshmallow
>something you don't like about it
when you use it like a normal phone only the normal screen, the battery life could be better, there are only few dedicated apps for the e-ink screen.
>>
Redmi 1S
>paid nothing 2 years ago (120€), it was good at the time and it can still compete with 200€ phones
>cheap plastic and bad support (both from xiaomi and custom ROMs)
>>
File: WileyFox-Swift-Image-1.jpg (125 KB, 717x799) Image search: [Google]
WileyFox-Swift-Image-1.jpg
125 KB, 717x799
Wileyfox Swift

>Like
Back cover is really nice
Screen is good and vibrant for 720p
Runs smoothly, haven't experienced any lag or crashes yet
Cheap as chips

>Dislike
My old Samsung adapter will fall out of the usb slot if the phone isn't laying flat, so i've got to use the cable that came with it, and it's really short.
Camera isn't great with contrast or low light conditions
>>
>>53516593
>nokia

Whatever Microsoft touches left behind is just path of destruction.
>>
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Good:
I can use it to make calls, send text messages and whatsapp works
Bad:
Everything else, it's a piece of shit
>>
>>53515926
I have the G3, it's pretty baller.
>>
Moto x 2014 with walnut back and bronze accents

I like the customization and form factor, as well as the stock android experience

I do not like the battery life, it is just mediocre, but flashing cm 13 (Verizon only supported Moto x 2014 to lollipop) makes the battery life markedly better
>>
>>53515891
iPhone 4S (16gig)

Still a really solid phone. Small enough to comfortably fit in my pocket and thick enough to ensure that it doesn't slip from my grasp. The camera is still pretty good as well.

On the other hand fucking planned obsolescence is hitting me hard with most of the applications I like to use no longer being compatible with my phone.
>>
>>53518807
forgot to add the android is pure vanilla, no customizations or skins beside the e-ink related apps.
and in the bad side, it don't have an sd card slot, and have only 32gb of internal storage.
>>
Moto G 2
it's cheap and has reasonably up-to-date near-stock android
>>
File: 1429132983white.png (1 MB, 695x500) Image search: [Google]
1429132983white.png
1 MB, 695x500
Blu Jr LTE

+
>£35 sim-free
>Always quick and responsive, no slowdown compared to Androids at 10x the price
>smooth feel, actually ditched the free case protector for it
>dual-sim

-
>MS App store
>Low volume for rings
>Dropbox permission issues with WinPho (all files are read-only)
>>
So I'm a dumbass and got my moto g3 wet and it rekt my headphone jack. So new phone or am I missing something? Inbf don't get your phone wet.
>>
>>53518956
don't get your phone wet
>>
BlackBerry Q10

>like
keyboard
>dislike
No trackball or at least a trackpad
>>
>>53518885

What you forgot to mention is you being stubborn and not updating to ios9 and that being the reason apps dont work anymore. Thats your own fault
>>
>>53518956

i thought those were waterproof?
>>
Note 5

Pros
>beautiful display
>amazing camera
>fast and responsive
>fast charge

Cons
>internal battery
>internal storage
>battery life is so fucking shit
>keyboard freezes at times

Battery and storage are probably the biggest cons
>>
File: asus-zenfone-go-zc500tg-1.jpg (50 KB, 558x570) Image search: [Google]
asus-zenfone-go-zc500tg-1.jpg
50 KB, 558x570
Asus Zenfone Go

Pros
>cheap as hell
>design
>great specs for price (720p, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory)
>ZenUI is probably the best Droid UI out there

Cons
>battery life is relatively short
>no LTE

I honestly can't complain about it much because it's cheap ($120).
>>
>>53517366
Reminds me of my galaxy ace. It may have been just an underpowered s1, but it took every drop like a champ. No cracks or whatsoever.
>>
HTC One M9

Pros
>Stereo front-facing speakers with Dolby digital surround sound are amazing. When I turn the surround sound off, they sound way worse, and since this is basically the only phone with that, it makes me scared to have to upgrade eventually.
>Screen size is good. A bit bigger than I'd like for one-handed use, but watching videos on it is better than on a smaller phone.
>Pretty stock Android with faster updates than most, but also the most stable Android phone I've had. HTC seems to be better at making stable software than Samsung, Motorola, and Google.

Cons
>No fingerprint sensor
>Bad camera
>Not fully stock, not indestructable, not waterproof

It never gets hot for me, except when I use it as a GPS in the sun since it's made of metal, but that's a different issue.
>>
>>53517366
Galaxy S2 here running Cyan 12.1
This fucking phone is unbeatable, i've dropped it countless times.
>>
File: Sony_Xperia_Z5.jpg (259 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Sony_Xperia_Z5.jpg
259 KB, 1600x900
>>53515891
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Pros
Excellent performance
Good size for my baby hands
32gb storage + expandable storage
Camera is pretty good, but only in certain lighting conditions. Dedicated camera button is awesome.
Battery lasts all day
No problems with call quality
Fingerprint scanner is dope

Cons
Gets hot, even when web browsing. Fixed this by getting a $10 wallet case off Ebay
Camera shits the bed in sub-par lighting
Can run sluggish if you have lots of memory-hogging apps open
Only just updated to Marshmallow. Im in Aus, and my international version Z5C only just got the upgrade to 6.0 this morning.
Fingerprint scanner can throw a tantrum and not work if your finger/thumb is slightly wet or dirty.

Overall, a 8.5/10. My biggest complaint would be the heat. Would heat up to 45C just web-browsing. 6.0 seems to have helped on that issue a bit.
>>
S4 mini SGH-I257M

Likes - Lightweight, small, good battery life/SoT, easy to root, CM is stable
Dislikes - Low 256ppi, dual core, no notification LED
>>
>>53519852
On your camera points: all phone cameras are shit in bad lighting. Comes with having a tiny sensor and tiny lens. Z5's one is actually really good. The downside is the software. A friend of mine who is a photography fan has one and the amount of de-noising it applies is just perverted. The JPEG processing software basically smudges the whole fucking thing. I guess the Sony camera and phone divisions don't really cooperate much.
>>
File: SAM_1556-HDR.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1556-HDR.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1667
HTC One M8
the size is perfect, and connectivity is amazing, now HTC enabled ANT+ with the MM update

it's that fucking camera, a decent picture is few and far between, and they only really look okish when you've used a load of filters on instagram, also battery life could be better.
>>
>>53519906
Any camera software you would recommend?
>>
HTC One M8

+ Based speakers with boomsound/harmankardon thing
+ I like the design
+ It doesn't have the fingerprint scanner meme

- Only a 2600 mAh battery, non-removable
- Looks like repairing it is a pain in the ass
- Somewhat slippery
>>
>>53519937
No, sorry, I'm on fucking Windows Phone myself. As far as I understand it's all done on the firmware level, so other software will probably not help you much. Ideally, you would try saving it all as RAW, but last I checked it was not option.
>>
>>53519957
it's nigh un-repairable, but HTC is pretty good on the warranty side of things
and it needs a wrap at least due to how slippery the bastard is.
>>
>>53515891
Note 5 64gb

>4gb RAM, I can have 20-30 apps open in the background and it doesn't even hiccup
>THE PEN. Pen should be standardized on larger phones and tablets.

Downside is also the pen. Thing is built cheap as fuck, I've gone through 3 already. Good luck finding a genuine OEM one, too.
>>
LG G4
- non-stock Android
+ MicroSD card

I stretched hard for -
>>
>>53520091
wouldn't the pen be covered under warranty? as it's a pretty essential piece of the phone.
>>
>>53516385
Why would I install such shit on my phone?
>>
BQ E4.5 CM 12 ANDROID 5.1
>>
>>53519620
>design
imho asus make the ugliest phones. That front facing concentric circles thing is just hideous
>>
LG G3

+Removable battery (I carry 2 spares in wallet)
+MicroSD slot

-No marshmallow yet
-Manlet hands are a bit small for 1 handed use
>>
Nexus 6P

Just updated to android N

Stay jelly 5.0 fags
>>
LG G4

Almost perfect, but the curved back makes it annoying to use while on the table
>>
ZTE Axon

like: pretty good battery, ~£30 hours with moderate shitposting and constant music, aluminum on a 0$ phone

dislike: bloated, not the just the Nexus 5 with a bigger battery and more storage
>>
>>53520135
They don't have them on hand at the service center. You can't even buy them through Samsung.
>>
Lumia 925

Fuck this shit I'm getting an iPhone
>>
Moto X Style

Like: Nice screen size, camera is pretty good, close to stock android, Motorola features are nice, SD card slot.

Dislike: Fucking moto maker isn't available here, so I couldn't get the wood back.
>>
ATT Galaxy S7 Edge (added 128GB microSD)

>Like
Love the aesthetics and screen size.
Compared to Note3 Touch whiz is cleaned up a lot.
Does everything I need it to do (browse web, read twitter, read comixology, listen to music)

>Don't like
ATT so I can't make it stock android which is what I still really want.
Android is still very finicky about microsd card access and that makes data management a bit of a pain.
No stylus. I really didn't want to wait on note 6, but I think they should just make a stylus accessory for this. You can edit photos by using your finger as a stylus on the phone. So just make a stylus!
>>
File: HTC-One-S-706.jpg (176 KB, 916x1000) Image search: [Google]
HTC-One-S-706.jpg
176 KB, 916x1000
It still *just* works
>>
>>53521508
good lad
>>
Nexus 5X
Like:
>vanilla Android
>fast updates
>excellent dev support (root, Xposed, etc)
>nice screen, accurate colors
>fingerprint scanner
>Doze gives good standby time if you're not moving
>USB type C with fast charging

Don't like
>lags but is much better after the March update
>"only" 2GB RAM
>although the "small" Nexus still too big (manlet)

Thinking about selling it and getting a 6S.
>>
>>53519778
how battery life ?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.