[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Last month we reported that Debian developers were considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>Last month we reported that Debian developers were considering dropping their modified edition of Firefox, named Iceweasel, in order to resume packaging Mozilla's Firefox complete with the "Firefox" name and branding. Last week the Debian project moved forward with this plan, packaging the Firefox web browser in place of Iceweasel. People who currently use the re-branded Iceweasel browser will automatically receive the new Firefox package as an update. "This took longer than it should have, but a page is now officially turned. I uploaded Firefox and Firefox ESR to Debian Unstable. They will have to go through the Debian NEW queue because they are new source packages, so won't be immediately available, but they should arrive soon enough. People using Iceweasel from Debian Unstable will be upgraded to Firefox ESR."

ICEWEASEL IS OFFICIALLY KILL
DEBIAN KEKS BOW DOWN TO THEIR SJWZILLA FURRYFAG OVERLORDS

DEBIANFAGS
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>53511854
>BTFO
Beat the fuck out?

It's BTFD (beat the fuck down) you idiot.
>>
It still has all the patches and shit. Mozilla just decided that they could finally call it Firefox, since the changes made didn't affect the overall quality of the product too much. I'm running unstable and am typing this in Firefox right now, so far I haven't noticed a difference.
>>
PROBLEMATIC
>>
>>53511914
get the fuck out newfag
>>
>>53511914
(You)
>>
>>53511854
isnt iceweasel just firefox but with free (as in freedom) icons?
>>
>>53511854
Stable here. Not worried.
>>
>Using iceweasel
why? it's just an old version of firefox with a different name. If you prefer the older versions of firefox then use palemoon.

OP, you don't seem to understand that debian wanted to do this anyway. It was mozilla that caused iceweasel to be created. If anyone is being "BTFO" or "pwned" or whatever it's mozilla
>>
File: fec.jpg (13 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
13 KB, 289x292
>>53512055
>I'm running unstable and am typing this in Firefox right now

I'm on devuan though
>>
>>53512115

>old
Why do you act like you have to use stable...
>>
Call me when they decide to upload new FF versions in a timely manner and directly to unstable
>>
>>53512342

Unstable has firefox 45 right now.
>>
why don't those hipster faggots just use firefox lol
>>
File: ayyyy.png (152 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.png
152 KB, 1366x768
>>53512055
>>53512152
My Negros
>>
>>53512818
disgusting
>>
>>53512818
>green on black
>>
File: 523.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
523.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>53512889
What I don't rice? I'm not autistic you know?
>>
I might have to use Debian again now.

Oh wait, no, lol.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.